Personality Cafe banner

Should I stay in school or take a break?

886 6
I've been in college for 6 years both full time and part time studying/majoring (in) a wide variety of subjects (music, english, geography, environmental science) and just got my Associate Degree of Arts and Science (a degree that should have only taken two years). I have been contemplating all summer about what to do next, and I have only narrowed down my interests between writing, english, and a degree in sustainable management (a "green" degree).

I would like to complete my bachelor's degree, but I'm still unsure of what to study. The school semester starts tomorrow and I'm not even signed up for classes yet. I still have the option of studying the "green" degree online and setting that up because it doesn't actually start until next week. If I study english/writing, then I will have to wait until next semester to start. I would complete the green degree in 2014 and the english/writing I could complete by 2013 if I start now.

I don't know if I should just take a full semester break from college to truly figure this out or jump into a degree to ward off the loans that I will have to repay starting in November. I am making enough money right now to not have to worry about the loans, but I don't want to stop my education short of a bachelor's degree.

I'm also giong to have a very pissed off girlfriend if I don't continue my education part time and work because she has been waiting for a long time to move in together. I am unable to right now because of school. So, we would both like me to be done with school soon so that we can move in together (we've been together 7 years and counting, and she's waiting for a ring too...)

What would you guys advise? Have any of you gone through a similar situation?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.