Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Final Update (somewhat unrelated to the thread, but I wanted somewhere to share this story~!): Three days after my last post, the aforementioned ‘new guy’ and I started dating. We spent the following month together overseas, and, eventually, made the decision to stay together through long-distance! Although we’re halfway across the globe, we’ve managed to talk for hours each day and really stay a part of each other’s lives 🙂 He is probably the closest thing the the absolute opposite of the last guy, and that last experience really helped me to appreciate my current boyfriend even more. I don’t want to seem naive, but he’s honestly so much better than I could’ve ever imaged. Never did I ever think I would meet someone with such amazing qualities, a beautiful heart, and a very handsome exterior as well (lol). We’re about to go on 3 months... and very soon, he’ll be flying out to America to spend a month with my family. God is so good. If there’s anything I learned from this experience, it’s this: never just ‘settle’ for anyone!

p.s. the last guy really did end up breaking up with his girlfriend - right when I began dating my bf

·
Registered
254 Posts
I wouldn't have had a crush on a person stupid enough to get into relationship just because he had the opportunity to despite knowing it's not "the one" in the first place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wouldn't have had a crush on a person stupid enough to get into relationship just because he had the opportunity to despite knowing it's not "the one" in the first place.
I really wish I could say the same thing... I never thought I’d be in that position, but my judgement was definitely clouded because of how close I felt to that guy friend. In reality, it was an unhealthy dependence, and I’m just glad I’m free from that delusion.
On a side note, he’s come back and genuinely apologized for the emotional damage he caused me, and it seems like this experience has really taught him a lesson or two as well.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts