Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's someone I have my eye on and I'm stuck between ISTJ and INTX...am I a failure at typing if I can't figure this out or is it common to get stuck at this point.

What can I do to narrow things down>

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I'm a little confused by this, because you think they are either ISTJ or INTX. To me, that really means that you are unsure of their type and believe them to be IXTX.

It's not easy to determine someone's type correctly. Most of my friends IRL that I have determined their type through observation, have been close friends for over 5 years. The simplest thing to do is to get to know them better.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are either an ISTJ or one of the introverted Rationals. All three can appear the same.

If I could get closer to the person I would but at this moment I can't.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Can't tell it INTP or ISTJ? Interesting. I would look at which functions they seem to be using, for an obvious answer. I usually look at the big picture when typing, though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm really leaning to ISTJ or INTJ. INTP is definitely iffy. This person isn't very flexible or spontaneous at all. The INTP's I know have a certain amount of fluidity in their interactions compared to ISTJ/INTJ so I'm thinkin' it's gotta be between ISTJ or INTJ....probably ISTJ because the few interactions I've had didn't feel like anything special. I usually connect inexplicably well with other NT's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts