Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...A stickied thread similar to "Ask an INTJ a Question" but dealing exclusively with relationships?

What I'm trying to ask is:
- Would such a thread increase the overall tolerance levels of the INTJs to relationship questions? (Since they are all partly-concealed in one place)
- Do people actually check the stickied threads before making their own?
- If a thread like this were to be made, what do you think the reaction would be in regards to the thread-makers and the eye-rolling INTJs that witness them?

Reactions: Von Ryken

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
There might as well be a sticky thread for relationship questions. At least then we could all get off on reminding everyone to use it. Of course, they won't - and ideally there'd be a few that won't, so we can get our jollies being control freaks for a few seconds.

Also, there will at least be a good number of people who do choose to use the sticky thread, and that would cut down the number of relationship threads somewhat.

As for increasing tolerance, I doubt that will ever change - relationships just don't seem to be a strong point for us.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
We at the ISTJ forum have already launched our own verison of this. If they post a relationship thread, just refer them to the proposed thread.

Reactions: MissJordan

·
Banned
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think there'd be as many people beng that annoyed if it weren't for the seemingly obnoxious behavior of not bothering to check if there's another thread of the like within the first two pages (which there always is).

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Sure, why not?

Make sure the title is both clear that it involves relationships and vague enough to apply to everyone's questions...

·
Banned
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: SteffSweetlySour

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
Is there any way you could change it to "Relationship Questions for INTJ's" or "Ask an INTJ a relationship question"? The way you've worded it makes it look like you're the one asking a relationship question, thereby lessening the chance of people coming across it.

You could also add something like "when in doubt, ask INTJ directly."

·
Banned
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any way you could change it to "Relationship Questions for INTJ's" or "Ask an INTJ a relationship question"? The way you've worded it makes it look like you're the one asking a relationship question, thereby lessening the chance of people coming across it.
Yeah, I mentioned it to Happy when I sent him a message for a sticky.

And it was unintentional, I'm doing this on an iPad and it scarcely picks up every letter I type...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Thought it's obviously a bit wordy, it might catch more people's eye if it were listed as 'Ask an INTJ a relationship, love, romance, hug or emotion related question'. If the rest of you think it too wordy, then yes, @TheWaffle's suggestion is a good start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts