Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met this guy yesterday and I got really good vibes from him. Something like this hasn't happened to me in a while. He helped me out with something and his number was on the receipt. I was thinking about calling him and maybe asking him out for coffee. But I don't know if it's a good idea. I'm worried if I initiate something, I won't be able to follow through. I've been horrible with consistency lately. And I have all these other worries like what if I'm not good enough or what if I'm not even at the best place to do this right now. And he could reject me. But at the same time, I don't want to throw away a great opportunity to get to know someone. I'm mostly just scared. Why couldn't I have met him a few months ago when things were going super well? This is not the best timing. But I guess that's how life works. I think I have the idea in my head that i should only go out with someone if everything in my life is perfect.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I think you should go for it. The worst that could happen is he says no. Then your life continues just as it is now. At least you won't be sitting there wondering what could have happened.

Reminds me of the time I went to a restaurant when I was in high school. I saw a waiter there who I thought was cute. I went there a few more times and finally got up the courage to leave a note on the table with my phone number, hoping he would call me. He never called. I was disappointed but I got over it. At least I tried.

Another time, I saw a different guy working at a restaurant (what's with me and restaurant workers?) and I thought he was incredibly handsome. We kept eying each other. There were definitely sparks. I tried it again - I figured out which car was his and I left a note on the windshield with the times I would be at work (which was just down the road from where he was working) and told him to come visit me. He came by the next day with a flower for me! Thus, began a relationship that lasted about 2 years and cost only my virginity. :)

So hey, you gotta give it a shot. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But you never know til you try!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I say do it. Though I was in sort of the reverse situation as you a day ago and I didn't do anything. Maybe that guy is just like me and sort of wishes he had said something to you. Let us know what you decide. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow. I'm exactly like you. I feel like I'm not good enough for anyone, very self-conscious and want everything to be perfect.
I've never been in a relationship and I regret letting some guys who seemed like nice people get away because of it.
So I think you should definetely give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts