Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:ninja: hope this becomes sticky!

:D alright so this is may battle-station :\ and yes it is Readers Digest :p and my favorite HUGE ass mug, the pencils are for sketching...buuut I never really got around to do much of it.:

This is full view of the desk:

:p sneak peak of what is above the desk:

This is how it looks:

To the left of this, my unmade bed and even more books!

This is on the right, just past the door ^^ yeah that is how I pile clothes. XD oh and that is Mr.Crazyhead there on th wall.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't work. I clean it up before taking pictures.
/thread.
o_O why would you clean it up? ^^ INFPs are known for their disorganized nature :\ so just leave it as it is...*poke don't be shy*

·
Registered
569 Posts
There aren't any pictures but its ok. i don't have any pictures of my room so i will describe it. i have two book cases one hanging on the wall above the dresser and the other beside the dresser to the left, both are full of various kinds of books. on the dresser i have a keyboard, a bag with more books a box of my favorite kind of tea: Chamomile tea, a huge old Funk and Wagnall's dictionary.

on top of the book case to the left i have some atlas's with a globe on top, a mirror, a jar of collected buttons and beads, a cigar box of various bits and pieces of things that i found or came off of things. a mirror, a feather i found last summer and a half an acorn. (i have a thing for collecting things from nature and bringing them inside)

i have a two shelves on either side of my bed and on the one on the left (the one i use) there is my touch lamp, small jewelery box, cordless phone that doesn't work anymore, a handmade wooden cup with all my pens and pencils in it, and a water bottle which i always keep filled in my room for when im thirsty.

I sit in bed with my laptop so i never use my desk, but it has a mini Tv on it with my games in a one of the drawers. i have an air cleaner in one corner with a pufferball in top of it, a telescope sitting in front of the window with wind spinners hanging from it, a fountain in one corner and a terrarium with a pothos in it on the chest.

also i have a music box, and two milk crates of school work i saved from when i was in school covered with a green quilt from a school project.

i love my room, so actually i love to keep it neat. not because i am picky and need everything just right, but because i see my room as an art piece that reflects who i am. I want my personality and even some values to be able to be seen in what i have in my room. things like my telescope, globe, keyboard, fountain, and books are just a few things that i hope sends a message of who i am. when i am depressed though my room will get very messy, but as soon as i am feeling better i actually take pleasure in making sure my room looks nice. there is a sort of artist's satisfaction that i get when i organize my room. i love being creative by where i put things and what i put out to be seen.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Do people really sit at their desks? I don't have a desk or workspace because I can't sit at them. In school i would always sit in lots of weird positions because sitting in a chair is very uncomfortable for me. I usually camp out on living room floor or in my bed or on the couch or on the front porch (which I recently furnished with comfy seats.) Tub is a favorite for reading.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do people really sit at their desks? I don't have a desk or workspace because I can't sit at them. In school i would always sit in lots of weird positions because sitting in a chair is very uncomfortable for me. I usually camp out on living room floor or in my bed or on the couch or on the front porch (which I recently furnished with comfy seats.) Tub is a favorite for reading.
Hmm I haven't thought about it like that. I do paperwork and always a bit of a technology junkie/gamer. A laptop seems just too weak performance wise to run the things I need it to run so desktop it is. I like my desk, gives me access to the things I need, but yeah reading is more fun when I can roll around in bed or just go outside in the garden or slouch on the front stairs in the afternoon sun. :p I don't have a bathtub so dunno about reading in there XD, can't read in the shower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a shot of my work office... the position of the stuff on my non-computer desk is always shifting, but this is generally still accurate. I guess this is my only office now... I surrendered my home office to my girlfriend since she is in school and I can get into my work building whenever.

IMG_0034.jpg

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have no trouble sitting on a desk, that is why I have a desktop computer. I have 20 years of gamer experience with the PC and I wouldn't change it for a weaker laptop just to be able to be in bed.

Reactions: lirica and ericajoy

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
>.< why hasn't anyone said anything about not seeing the pictures LOL. <.< good thing someone noticed on the ENFP forum lolz. I changed them with ones from my photobucket.

^^ and just so you don't see me as an xxTJ here is another one...I dare not open anything else...it gets worse...

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I tend to only take photos when my place is clean also, hahaha :tongue:.

Right now I only have a corner in my apartment with my desk, laptop & filing cabinet, and there is a bookcase nearby. I would love to have a dedicated room for a studio some day. My dream house would have an art studio, a library, and a music room (even thought I am not a musician - but this is a dream we're talking about).

When I was a kid, my family had this huge, upstairs "game room", but half was pretty much given to me as a play area, which I mostly used for art projects. I had a drawing table & a light box, but I mostly worked on the floor next to them. My main projects were drawing, creating comic strips & greeting cards, and writing bad poetry & short stories.

I got rid of my art table a few years ago, because I simply never use it to draw & it takes up a lot of space. I still get on the floor to draw....

I tend to be pretty good about stashing my art supplies away now. Bedside books & journals get put inside my nightstand, and other sketchbooks & art books may be stored on my bookcase or in my filing cabinet. I do have an art tool box covered in stickers that gets stuck under my armoire, often along with a stack of sketchbooks & some colored pencil & pastel boxes. In this photo of an old room at my parents, you can see the box under my armoire:

And here is my current little "office" area (and that is a copy of Psychological Types on my filing cabinet - handy! :wink:):

·
Registered
50 Posts
You guys live neat, organized lives. You'd all die if you saw mine, and I'd die if I posted it. Dx
Just post an indistinct black and white picture like I did and pretend it's artistic.
If you look closely you should be able to make out piles of clothes, empty beer bottles and general clutter.:laughing:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ooo I like that red room @OrangeAppled!

Pretty plain. I put the fish tank there to liven it up a bit, but now I find myself getting distracted from it when I should be doing homework. A welcome distraction though!

Am loving the messy rooms I'm seeing!!

Reactions: OrangeAppled

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Let's make a game. I'll show mine if you show yours :)
Because my disorganization has scared small children.
All right, then. if you're sure. You've convinced me. You make it sound like I got competition, but the benefit of the doubt is certainly yours. You are on, ma'am. How shall we do it? A black and white shot like @Flitter suggested above? Or are we going straight on in color? xD

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
All right, then. if you're sure. You've convinced me. You make it sound like I got competition, but the benefit of the doubt is certainly yours. You are on, ma'am. How shall we do it? A black and white shot like @Flitter suggested above? Or are we going straight on in color? xD
Full on color, of course. Depending on the shot, I might wait until daylight to take the picture. I only have one lamp :-/

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,319 Posts
Here's my desk, it's pretty clean right now since it's been so hot I've been spending all my time down in the basement.....it usually goes through phases of being burried in piles, and then all the piles disappearing for a while, only to reconvene later :D On the right side of the desk is my largest bookshelf but there's no way to get a good picture of it because the room is so narrow and the shelves are facing toward the wall that starts slanting inwards halfway up - walking past that shelf is like being in a tunnel, which I like, but sometimes it's hard to see what's on there.

And here's a closer look at the shelf on my desk which holds a lot of my nicknacks, and from which I only recently took down the little nativity scene and pine branches left from Christmas - XD

Most of the time I actually sit in my armchair which is next to the desk, rather than at the desk itself - I love my cozy little nook!
the pictures keep falling off that slanted wall/cieling there - My room is up in the 'attic' sort of..... So since I finally went and put them all back up there I decided it was a good time to take a picture. I'm still looking for some small pictures to fill in those little spaces here and there up there though....the walls are like this baby blue colour which really isn't me or my husband's taste, but the landlady won't let us paint it dark green - heh, why does everybody hate dark walls....so what if it makes it look small? it's just Cozier :p I love seeing those Red walls in the other pics :D

Here's a closer view of the bookshelf next to my comfy chair where I keep my Tolkien and C.S. Lewis, and Chronicles of Prydain. I like having my little furry friends there too ^_^

and there's the shelf on the sidewall of my nook with more leather journals and cute little bottles - both things I like to collect. And a nifty little chest, and a tiny dragon knife, and a dragon hourglass, and that funny wooden pipe which my husband bought for some unknown reason....it looks cool anyways. That shelf makes me think of wizards :)

I have 2 other book shelves which flank my closet door - right next to the bed (which has a curtain hanging around it which explains the cut off corners on the picture). The left one holds most of my fairy tale collections, fantasy, and sci-fi books, the right one holds most of my pretty picture book collection as well as more fantasy novels. You can see the confy chair there on the right.

Here's some of my favorite bottles from my collection on top of the righthand bookshelf

Maybe I will post a picture of my bed later, since I didn't take one when I did these and can only find a ridiculously blurry one I took several months ago.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts