Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

• Mixed answers.
  • People's theories and interpretations of the functions, and order.
  • Stereotypes.
  • Opinions.

Let's cut out all the bullshit, and try find my best fit once and for all. I'm being as honest as I possibly can, and hopefully I'll get a clear enough picture of what four functions I use to stop the confusion once and for all.

b)Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

• ADHD
  • Mild Depression
  • 'Asperger's Syndrome.'

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

What do I yearn for in life? Not a lot to be honest. Some people yearn for material goods, others fame, others power, others knowledge. But I yearn not be blind to the way the world works, to hack the system and get through life the way I was intended to. To go back to my roots, and do things right. To understand life and my mission amongst this mess we call Earth.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I was at my finest? I can recall several times when I was at my finest, but I haven't reached my finest yet. I don't have enough memories, comparisons and links to look back on yet. I will once my life ends though.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

To me, inferiority is all in the mind, through perceptions and opinions of other people. You can be as inferior as you like, or important as you like. This question is very psychological based. Varies from person-to-person But for me, the universe makes me feel inferior. Think about it. We are just a mere speck, lost in the middle of a vast, undiscovered universe.

What else? Hm.. thinking about this question. Destiny. We can control it, but we can't at the same time. It's very confusing. We can have a rough idea of how we want our lies to go, but sometimes the Big Man in the sky throws unexpected obstacles in our course. For as long as I have known, I have realized that humans are just mortal. We are not gods. Never were, never will be.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

It depends on how major the decision is. If it's a non-major decision, and I have no recollections of chaos, and it doesn't remind me of anything chaotic, I just dive right in with my first answer.

It it's a more major decision, which could be life changing, I research the topic in great depth and come to my own conclusion. How will the aftermath impact everyone? Is this logical? Do the cons outweigh the pros? Can I imagine being better off like this etc? I try to look at it from all angles and aspects as frequently as I can.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Again, depends on the project. Let me give you an example from my most recent project, of two weeks ago:

I was in a small group. We were researching stories of young people being bullied, as part of our Anti-Bullying Project. It was an unexpected project, as I never knew we were doing it. First of all, I observed the group to get into the swing of things (as it was my first week at the group). I then stepped up and helped my group, as we moved along. I gave suggestions as what to search, helped people spell things, suggested what they should search, suggested how we should present things and we figured out how to print things out together.

As a group, we done well and valued each other's input. We explored things and were agreeable. No fighting. We have now presented enough evidence for our campaign as of late.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

A time when a had a lot of fun? As I recall, I have had numerous memories where I had a lot of fun at numerous places, but my most fond was my memories of going to Coco's adventure group every Summer wit my Grandparents on our yearly vacation. I used to love going down all the slides, smelling the food being cooked, hearing the children have fun and seeing Coco the Clown run around on someone's birthday. Those were the days. Sadly, I am too old to go there now, but I hope to come back when my cousin has their kid.

I also went to a similar place for my other Cousin's 4th birthday, when I was 12 called Peter Pan Land. It was also fun, and a family related memory. My Aunt thought I was too old for it, but the party was great. I got accepted, playtime was amazing and the food was smashing.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Hm, when I learn something new, I try to think of past knowledge, similar experiences. If I can't think of any, I just dive on in. I learn as I go. Very hands on, and I store those memories for the next time I come across that subject matter. I am terrible at listening to people explain things to me. I would rather find them out by myself and explore things using my own/ideas logic as I go along.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Again, another perception question. To be fair, I THINK of myself as being a lot more organized than I really am. My room is a mess, my hair's a mess, my files are a mess, my life is a mess and worst of all, so is my head. Especially since the factors mentioned before come into play with my life a lot.

Another point is development and growth. From my knowledge as [young] adults, we usually have developed our first and second functions and can get caught in loops easily as we group and develop our Tertiary function/s. Age and hormones also come into play. And they say women usually get their shit together before men do, as most of them usually mature before men do.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

If someone is trying to explain a new idea to me, and it makes zero logical sense to me, or cannot be supported by reasoning/facts, it is usually dismissed within the blink of an eye. If it is a popular theory, I like to look into it, and decide what others think of it, and see if it is real, or has already been debunked. I come to my own conclusions quite quickly, but as I have said before, I'm not a super theoretical person. I try my best to understand my own an others ideas/theories, but sometimes they make no sense whatsoever. Especially my own.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Pft, harmony? That'll never happen. But I usually try to keep other people happy and satisfied, as well as myself. Whatever works at that given moment.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I speak as I think. I speak my mind quite a lot, unless it's really rude. I don't go that far. Sometimes, I barely shut up. Sometimes I listen a little and contribute at the right time. It really depends, but I don't usually think before I speak, unless I have to.

I like both. Variety is the spice of life, Darling. Some conversations are best suited as group discussions e.g general chats, and others as one-on-ones e. Philosophical debates. Too many voices gets confusing in those kind of debates.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Usually, I like to jump into action, but sometimes I like to explore new areas and memorize them, so I can get used to them, you know? If it's something I have never done before, exploration and past experiences are the best things to go by. If it's something else e.g a situation that needs special instructions, I listen to them and ask questions and go over things before I approach things, specially when it comes to people.

Do actions speak louder than words? Sometimes, depends on the situation. If you screw things up-- yes, they do. If you don't, then no.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Record it. Duh. They went to the bother of inviting me, so why shun them? And anyway, going out is far more exciting than staying in and being alone.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Extremely angry. I break loads of things. I am a fiery explosion of anger, sometimes random emotions. I am like a broken switch, a system malfunction (literally).

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
  • Snobbery
  • Stupidity
  • Close-mindedness
  • Tunnel vision
  • Boringness
  • Know-it-alls [I know that I know nothing, a wise man once said].
  • People who change their fucking minds all the damn time.
  • Mentally immature people
  • Quitters
  • Complainers

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like a little bit of everything. I like new random thoughts, ideas, people's stories, music, current events, movies, sports etc.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
  • How I look.
  • How much money I have
  • How I smell
  • How many friends I have
  • What kids think of me.

Have some fun and enjoy life, geez.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

• Funny
  • Warm
  • Intelligent
  • Quick-Minded
  • Very Witty
  • Energetic
  • Creative
  • VERY Random

As far as I know, nothing.

• Cold
  • Moody
  • Inattentive
  • Boring
  • Loner
  • Jerk

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

It's a Saturday Morning. I jump out of bed, shower and put on my best suit. I see what my friend's up to and see if they're up to much. They're not, so we go into town, do some shopping, see some people, eat some food, go to a pub for a while, a youth group and then home again. We socialize for 11 whole hours and have a hell of a fun-packed day and enjoy ourselves.

Compared to a lazy Sunday. I lay on to 3 in the afternoon, wake up, read some, go on PerC, get bored, drink some coffee, eat some dinner, go pretend to be my brother's friend and go talk to him for a while, eat some more, listen to some epic music, come back on here, and end up back in bed when I am super bored.

-

I hope that this questionnaire gives you a better picture of things. If you want to ask things, please feel free to. Thank you for your input everyone.
@TelepathicGoose @shinynotshiny @Curiphant (Sorry for being rude earlier) @Greyhart (same to you) @alittlebear @Oswin @Barakiel @angelcat @hoopla @anyonelse

(P.S
is a sick beat)

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
It it's a more major decision, which could be life changing, I research the topic in great depth and come to my own conclusion. How will the aftermath impact everyone? Is this logical? Do the cons outweigh the pros? Can I imagine being better off like this etc? I try to look at it from all angles and aspects as frequently as I can.

-

I gave suggestions as what to search, helped people spell things, suggested what they should search, suggested how we should present things and we figured out how to print things out together.

-

If someone is trying to explain a new idea to me, and it makes zero logical sense to me, or cannot be supported by reasoning/facts, it is usually dismissed within the blink of an eye. If it is a popular theory, I like to look into it, and decide what others think of it, and see if it is real, or has already been debunked. I come to my own conclusions quite quickly, but as I have said before, I'm not a super theoretical person. I try my best to understand my own an others ideas/theories, but sometimes they make no sense whatsoever. Especially my own.
I see Te in these answers, especially the last one where you say you want to know what other people think about a theory and whether or not it's valid. You look to outside sources to make decisions (such as researching an item) and also organize ideas and projects (pros and cons, helping the group with practical matters).

Could always be wrong, though.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This makes me think ISFJ, honestly, you have a lot of Si in here, but very little Te. I'll wait for what other people say before I comment too certainly, though.
Si-Ti loop?
Ne and Si, Ti and Fe. My inclination is NTP but I could be wrong.
@arkigos?
Alpha Quadra?
I see Te in these answers, especially the last one where you say you want to know what other people think about a theory and whether or not it's valid. You look to outside sources to make decisions (such as researching an item) and also organize ideas and projects (pros and cons, helping the group with practical matters).

Could always be wrong, though.
Te-Ti always gets me. This is where I always get stuck, and my type messed up.

I understand Fe vs Fi, but Te and Ti are always easily confused. I see more Fe than Fi in myself, but again...

If I have an inner logical system, but I organize that externally, is it Ti or Te? If I use my own logic and understanding, but want facts to back up my case, Ti or Te? What if I come up with a solution in my head, but act externally on it? You get me?

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Si-Ti loop?

Alpha Quadra?

I understand Fe vs Fi, but Te and Ti are always easily confused. I see more Fe than Fi in myself, but again...

If I have an inner logical system, but I organize that externally, is it Ti or Te? If I use my own logic and understanding, but want facts to back up my case, Ti or Te? What if I come up with a solution in my head, but act externally on it? You get me?
People with Te are capable of thinking on their own.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Si-Ti loop?
Possibly, though I remember thinking you were Fe because of your noting of social cues, and you don't really seem to have any major Fi, which ISTJs do have.

The way I understand it, is that Te uses facts, whereas Ti disputes them, it's more important if Te can utilize something, whereas for Ti, it's more important that it makes sense.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
People with Te are capable of thinking on their own.
I know. Everyone is capable of thinking on their own. That is why everyone has a mind. Te users extrovert their data and thinking processes, whereas Ti users personalize theirs.

Te: "It is written. Concrete. Here are the facts/plans."
Ti: "My logic is abstract. Are these plans really logical? How do we know these are the real facts?"

Am I right?

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
I know. Everyone is capable of thinking on their own. That is why everyone has a mind. Te users extrovert their data and thinking processes, whereas Ti users personalize theirs.

Te: "It is written. Concrete. Here are the facts/plans."
Ti: "My logic is abstract. Are these plans really logical? How do we know these are the real facts?"

Am I right?
Te asks the same questions about facts. It doesn't blindly follow what's "known." It questions sources and looks for credibility. Te is more objective than Ti. Not sure what else to say about it.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Yes, but even then, it would be noticeable, even in a negative way. Though I don't dispute a Te focused typing, nothing of what he said indicated even inferior Fi, whereas quite a few things he said spoke of Fe.
How do you act when you're stressed out?

Extremely angry. I break loads of things. I am a fiery explosion of anger, sometimes random emotions. I am like a broken switch, a system malfunction (literally).
That stood out to me.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Te asks the same questions about facts. It doesn't blindly follow what's "known." It questions sources and looks for credibility. Te is more objective than Ti. Not sure what else to say about it.
Sorry. Let me see if I have got this now.
Ti would quote the same facts, but not quote sources? Te wants proof of those facts being factual and credibility in those sources, and Ti wants the logic behind the facts? It wants to break it down, analyze it and see it those facts make sense?

Te-Accuracy
Ti-Sense

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Sorry. Let me see if I have got this now.
Ti would quote the same facts, but not quote sources? Te wants proof of those facts being factual and credibility in those sources, and Ti wants the logic behind the facts? It wants to break it down, analyze it and see it those facts make sense?
Te cares more about the facts and what's been established whereas Ti cares more about the logic behind it all, yes. That's how I understand it. It's not about not quoting sources, and Te also wants to make sure facts make sense. That's part of objectivity.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Te cares more about the facts and what's been established whereas Ti cares more about the logic behind it all, yes. That's how I understand it. It's not about not quoting sources, and Te also wants to make sure facts make sense. That's part of objectivity.
Te-stablished
Ti-ntrepration

I like things to make sense. I like my thoughts to make sense. I like everything to make some sense. Somewhat, somehow.
Hm, interesting. I'll read through it again to see if I missed anything.

Meanwhile, @LuchoIsLurking, do you find yourself going into the depths of abstraction, or keeping yourself pragmatic? :happy:
Sometimes, I find myself overanaylzing things in my mind, other times I find myself frying my brains over logical explanations for things. Everything needs logic. I like to see proof of things to satisfy me inwardly.

I also like facts to prove points. I like remembering trivia.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Te-stablished
Ti-ntrepration

I like things to make sense. I like my thoughts to make sense. I like everything to make some sense. Somewhat, somehow.

Sometimes, I find myself overanaylzing things in my mind, other times I find myself frying my brains over logical explanations for things. Everything needs logic. I like to see proof of things to satisfy me inwardly.

Sleep on it. Do not overthink!

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sleep on it. Do not overthink!
Dearie, I constantly overthink things, especially in my free time. Even when I try to read.

I am also reading about Inferior Ne, Tertiary Ne, Si-Ti, Si-Fi loops etc. Trying to see which I relate to more etc.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts

Ok, next question, do you think you have Te or Ti more? It's lovely trying to pin you down, the arm strain is spectacular, but getting your biases on this would be just as brilliant. :wink:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts