Votes: 28 25.5%
  • NF - no

Votes: 23 20.9%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there is any correlation between type and bladder shyness. Couldnt fit all types with 2 responses each, so just went with Temperaments. If dont want to post then that's cool, but am kind of interested in specific types on this. Votes are private.

I'll start off with admitting that I have a shy bladder for some reason. It's not that there is really any reason for this, it's not like it's a really private matter. Everybody has to deposit their waste, and it is a very well known fact that all human beings do this, yet I have no capability of being able to pee when somebody else is in the same room, wtf.

Is it the invasion of privacy? The unwanted closeness of others (even if doing something completely simple and natural)? I honestly wish I knew why, I don't feel it as being either one of those two questions, as I dont feel it being a privacy issue since it is what we all do and is most natural of almost all other acts the human being carries out; nor is it the fact of others being close, as even though I dont like being around people in general, I don't believe it has anything to do with the fact that I can not pee near them, lol.

I dk, your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had friends in high school (strangely SP's as well) that used to turn on the taps in the bathroom and let the water run so that they could pee while there were other people around due to having a shy bladder.
As for me, when I have to pee, I have to pee and nothing is going to stop me from fulfilling that need.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had friends in high school (strangely SP's as well) that used to turn on the taps in the bathroom and let the water run so that they could pee while there were other people around due to having a shy bladder.
As for me, when I have to pee, I have to pee and nothing is going to stop me from fulfilling that need.
Wonder if maybe it's also more of a male problem, as females always have the stall for at least a minor sense of privacy. Guys are 'forced' to use the urinals, which may push more towards shy bladders if the 'personal spac'e is an issue in this.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Wonder if maybe it's also more of a male problem, as females always have the stall for at least a minor sense of privacy. Guys are 'forced' to use the urinals, which may push more towards shy bladders if the 'personal spac'e is an issue in this.
That is true. I don't think I'd be able to pee if we had toilets lined up with no stalls to separate.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Miss Scarlet

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have to admit I strangely have a shy bladder when a family member is waiting in front of the bathroom door because they need to pee, too. Don't ask me why it's pressuring me, but under pressure I just cannot do it.

On the other hand I have no problems being in the same bathroom with close friends or family members. However with stalls everything is just fine whoever is there outside of it.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah for some reason, just knowing that they're expecting the sound of urine hitting water, it puts an unnecassary pressure on you to provide that, lol.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah it's kind of hit and miss with me, to be honest I kind of prep my bladder before I go in so I'm ready just in case there's someone else in there XD it helps.

Though I will say the absolute hardest time would be pee troughs at stadiums '>_>

There's always that 50-60 year old next to you who just doesn't give a fuck.....*sigh*

I remember one time this year after a classical concert I went to the bathroom and a bunch of the guys were changing out of their tux's in the bathroom and as soon as I walked in and tried to go all the sub conversations died and I seriously could not go after that unless they started to talk again so I was forced to say "Could you guys maybe strike up a loud conversation so I can take a piss...?"

Thankfully they laughed and actually we had a conversation similar to this thread XD

·
Registered
INTP / ILE
1,309 Posts
What??? How sexist! :p
It is based on this:
and now it is sexist :laughing:

This is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen on Perc..... and that's saying something.
This only proves that you are insensitive because this is a topic of sensitivity.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
I sometimes wait for no one to be in the public restroom if i'm not desperate. Otherwise I hope someone has the dryer or taps on. Usually when I am dating someone I grab some loo roll and put it down the loo before I pee. It's not as noisy that way.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts