Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my friend helped me realize that I am a shy enfp instead of a infp. I wish I came to this conclusion before posting all over the infp forum how infp I was...I was even thinking of getting an infp tattoo and everything! *sigh*

Any other shy extroverts here? That sounds so weird.

Can I be really hyper over here without annoying anyone? I'm only shy offline unfortunately…:unsure:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The other day my friend helped me realize that I am a shy enfp instead of a infp. I wish I came to this conclusion before posting all over the infp forum how infp I was...I was even thinking of getting an infp tattoo and everything! *sigh*

Can I be really hyper over here without annoying anyone? I'm only shy offline unfortunately…:unsure:
The only time I ever took the proper version of the MBTI I scored INFP. It was a tough stage in my life, what can I say? I wouldn't say that I was actually shy, per say, but I wasn't going out and initiating any social scenarios---definitely not in the way I used to before in high school, or that I do nowadays.

Really, the fact of the matter is that I go through phases. I have my "oh!-I-gotta-dream-up-some-excuse-for-everyone-to-get-together" days, my "damn-this-has-been-a-satisfying-week-of-getting-together-with-people---time-to-chill-and-do-stuff" days, and my "lonely-lonely-lonely---some-complicated-thoughts/feelings-are-keeping-me-from-people" days.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I went through the same thing. I have social anxiety and can be shy and take awhile to trust people so I assumed I was an introvert, but even though I relate to INFP a lot, there was something a bit off about it. I then considered the possibility that I was an ISFP. I know I'm a feeling perceiver. But that was even more off because I'm definitely intuitive. But upon reading ENFP's profile and studying the functions and realizing that I DO prefer being around people and am energized after a positive social interacting, I discovered ENFP fits me the best. I really can't say I like being by myself too often. It drains me more often than not.

·
Registered
79 Posts

YES! It is possible! I'm almost not a shy ENFP anymore... like 1/2 there. At first I thought I was an "I" too but then I realized I'm very external so I must me an "E". I don't think an "I" would go around to a bunch of separate lunch tables and bring everyone together. hehe :laughing:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes, you can be hyper and zany and bouncy all you want here. :) It's all good.

Also. >.> <.< Are the INFPs listening? No? Good...

And another one comes to our side! Aha! :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Why exactly are some of you shy? What are you self conscious about?

Please, tell the whole world :proud:

Haha I like this one. He's funny. Can I keep him, mommy, PLEASE?!

Yay! I will call him Squishy and he will be my Squishy. <3

Also, I'm not self conscious at all... Except when I actually have to look you in the eye... I had a really bad lazy eye when I was younger, and it still bothers me because my left eye sometimes wanders, and I don't know when it does it. I used to get picked on a lot in school because of it, and I still have eye contact issues with many people. Other than that, I'm really not that self conscious.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sort of shy. I guess more self-conscious. When I worry about what people think, I'm less likely to act on my extroversion.
I'm just really guarded at first with some people...I'm hesitant to act the way I really feel like until I feel them out.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm just really guarded at first with some people...I'm hesitant to act the way I really feel like until I feel them out.
I agree. In fact, sometimes I think it is less introversion/self-consciousness and more, like you said, feeling them out because I don't want to make them uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Another shy extrovert here. I've been shy all my life and can't seem to shake it, though it's been getting a bit better lately. I wish I could get over the shyness completely, but it isn't something I can turn off at will. :sad:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am actually quite shy and reserved. If I'm in a class or a presentation and the teacher/presenter asks me a question that requires more than a few seconds to explain the answer, my face goes so red. And during introductions, I'm so concerned with taking up someone's else's speaking time that I often forget to put in important details... like where I'm from or why I'm here. And it takes me quite a while to get to know people and know that they would want to be around me even when it was just an off day and I wasn't as cheerful as normal.

But here's the thing: I love listening to people, and I love being listened to. I love meaningful exchanges. I can spend hours talking and listening to people without getting tired.

And most of the activities I choose to do for fun, I choose to do because it's with friends. That's how I got into softball.

And when I'm left alone too long, I get very sad. Though, sometimes I may choose solitude in order to reevaluate things.

So... welcome to the club. You're not cr... well... I guess we're all just crazy. :proud:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm pretty quiet and shy when I first meet people or aren't totally comfortable around them. I like to test the waters I guess. I have to feel that I can trust them before I'm totally myself around them. Often times it really matters on the vibe they give me at first.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've been shy since I was a kid. Difference now is bravery. It also depends on the kind of person/people I meet. If I get the automatic vibe that they're comfortable to be around, it's barely any effort for me. Like others have said on here, it's more of self consciousness than anything.

Honestly, it really depends. It's become very circumstantial for me. My mood, the time of day, the kind of person, the state of my appearance, whether I care or not, etc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would generally call it less shy, for me, and more self-conscious, which comes off as shy (and can sometimes even feel like shy). I get that feeling when I enter into a group of people who I feel are "better" than me... be it prettier, smarter, more accomplished, whatever. The feeling of inferiority makes me shy/self-conscious.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm pretty quiet and shy when I first meet people or aren't totally comfortable around them. I like to test the waters I guess. I have to feel that I can trust them before I'm totally myself around them. Often times it really matters on the vibe they give me at first.
Yeah...this is pretty much exactly how it is for me.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Same here... I think it stems from when I was a kid and being a bit of a misfit and being told I'm weird... anyone would have classed me as an I... then I got older, met cooler less stuck up people, some of the stuck up people realised life isn't black and white and I grew into my true E side...

If I meet people who remind me of primary school though I still feel incredibly akward...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts