Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I read about Sensing Introversion, people describe it as sentimentality and holding the past dearly.

Do you guys relate to this interpretation of Si?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can agree to a certain degree. I tend to feel sentimentality very strongly when I take in data relating to the memory or situation at hand. What's important is that Si is a subjective interpretation of sensory data. In this case, when I come across something, I can feel very sentimental being a Si-dom if it relates to a positive experience of mine - it relates to how I felt it. It's a rather filtered way of perceiving things.

·
Banned
692 Posts
I can agree to a certain degree. I tend to feel sentimentality very strongly when I take in data relating to the memory or situation at hand. What's important is that Si is a subjective interpretation of sensory data. In this case, when I come across something, I can feel very sentimental being a Si-dom if it relates to a positive experience of mine - it relates to how I felt it. It's a rather filtered way of perceiving things.
I will add that for me it doesn't even have to be a positive experience - just one that evoked intense, personal emotions in me. Bittersweet nostalgia is my favorite.

It's why I look forward to chilly, dark winter evenings - even though I hate nighttime and I hate the cold. But it evokes such a strong emotion in me that radiates out to my physiological state. I then have this closed loop cycle where my inner psyche and my outer physiological response feed into each other to create a vivid subjective experience.

Sentimental? Yes. But to me it's more than that - it's remembering how my inner experience integrates with my outer world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts