Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some dislike towards me sister.my parents let her get away with things i didn't get away with such as
talking back, being nosy, and being rude. when i go to correct her, my mom dad and older sister say im being hard on her and that im not her parents. but my little sister acts like the show icarly and things like that. im beginning to dislike my sister for these things. my sister wants to also be clingy to me and i don't like that
i just want her to pretty much shut up and act like she doesn't exist.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
That's a bit cold of you, my friend. I have a sister too that sometimes irks me, but I do love her regardless. She's the polar opposite of me - a social butterfly without a care in the world. However, I won't be a more holistic (in regards to social ability) individual if it wasn't for my sister forcing me out of my shell from time to time. While she sometimes does get annoying, I still appreciate her input and her contribution to my overall personality.

Reactions: chanteuse

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Maybe what you are experiencing here is just a clash of life stages and your need for privacy and her need for companionship. Maybe what your siblings and parents are really trying to advise here is that you attend to your own needs more and leave her to be a little kid, which I'm sure they gave you some free passes when you were younger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Being the oldest of four, I can sort of relate. Although, I tended to grow out of it. You shouldn't blame your sister for what your parents are doing and how they are raising her differently(bc they probably are just tired of the whole parent thing, parents are just people, give it time). And you should focus more on bringing other role models into her life, because right now all she has is the TV I'm guessing. My sister was the same way until our other sis starting teaching her how to act nice. By being nice. Younger siblings are a pain, and maybe she'll never improve. But you could try. If she copies someone better than the snots in TV it could turn out okay. Kids copy. Just set the example, if she sees you being polite, she might try it. You don't even have to talk to her tbh.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The way I deal with people I don't like, is to say to myself, "I don't care." I don't care what they say or do. That person is just not my problem. Luckily, you are not her parent, so you don't have to care how she acts.

She is clingy to you because she trusts and respects you and wants your approval. Learn to smile kindly, while you get yourself away from her.

The purpose of learning personality typing is not just to accept yourself, but to learn to accept others.

One more thing, your thoughts control your feelings. So if you're feeling annoyed with her, stop thinking mean thoughts and just say to yourself, "that's just her personality." And don't.care!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts