• I'm ESTP/INFP With INFP/ESTP Sibling

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • I'm ESFP/INTP With INTP/ESFP Sibling

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • I'm ISTP/ENFP With ENFP/ISTP Sibling

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • I'm ISFP/ENTP With ENTP/ISFP Sibling

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • I have sibling(s) but this isn't true for me.

Votes: 190 72.2%
  • I dont have siblings MUWAHAHAHHA!

Votes: 28 10.6%
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. What I have witnessed is that usually there is a link between the personality of Siblings. I have saw this in 5 families including: INTP-ESFP ,ENTP-ISFP ,ESTJ-INFJ ,ENFP-ISTP ,INTJ-ESFJ Always the J/P being same, and also if there is more than 2 siblings in the family this connection should still exist.
Please post your own thoughts regarding this topic if you have any.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Well, I'm an IxTP, and my younger sister is a textbook ENFJ ;)

Reactions: SulfonicOrb

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Should've explain further. The link i meant was that siblings' types should be 3 letter difference only J/P being the same.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
My hubby is an ISFJ and his brother is an ENTP. So they use the same cognitive functions but their 4 letter code is completely opposite.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have identical older twin brothers who don't seem to fit the scenario. One is ENTJ and the other ENFP, if I have them typed correctly. They are so much alike but then in other ways they are worlds apart. I am ENFP.

My oldest daughter is ENTJ, and my son (her brother) is ESTP. My youngest daughter which is their half sibling is ESFJ, if we have her typed correctly which I am pretty sure we do.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
There is no such pattern.

I'm ESTJ.
My brothers are INTJ and ESFJ.
My sister is ENFP.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
There is such pattern with your ESFJ and INTJ brothers. My bad for putting ''I'm'' in the poll.
What pattern? If you see other posts, there's no same pattern. You only see the 'pattern' because you want to believe there is such 'pattern'. Yet MBTI is not a science, it's a personality theory, just like Enneagram, Jung, Socionic, and other hundreds of personality theories.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
What pattern? If you see other posts, there's no same pattern. You only see the 'pattern' because you want to believe there is such 'pattern'. Yet MBTI is not a science, it's a personality theory, just like Enneagram, Jung, Socionic, and other hundreds of personality theories.
It is a thing I have observed and thought it was weird when this pattern existed in other families, not just mine.
Then i decided to make a thread about it just to test this pattern, no big deal.
Also there is no need to start bullshitting. After all this is not a religion we're talking about.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts