Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You could say I'm creating this thread to see what ENTJs are like in general.
You could say I'm creating this thread because I want to improve a friend/kinship or be aware of a few ENTJs in my life - signs that prove that they dislike or like something.
You could say this thread may be pretty pointless, versus just trying to hack at various ways to see how ENTJs may generally look at topics.
Answers to all of those likely thoughts/questions are: Possibly.
Basically, I would like to be more aware of general interests and dislikes in the ENTJ world. Not because some information may help me in learning more about some. But give me a better understanding of how ENTJs may view the world, and other such things around them. And excuse me, for some odd reason - no matter what key I press. It won't let me create a new paragraph when I'm posting...

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
- People who are informed before they shoot their mouth off.
- People who know what they're getting by the time they get to the front of the line.
- People who drive the speed limit, or ideally 10% over it.

Dislikes:
- Incompetent people.
- Incompetent people who fail to realize that they are in fact incompetent.
- People who insist on giving their .2c on topics they have no clue about.
- Uptight people.
- Cunts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ENTJs are very ambitious people, and will want to be with someone that helps them achieve their goals. For me, I tend to like people that I think are out of my league...especially on paper.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I like you, "I like you." I talk to you enthusiastically and smile.
I don't like you, "I don't like you" I give you a death stare, tell you I don't like you, and will tell you off if you persist.

Otherwise, I'm indifferent.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The number one thing I can't deal with is STUPIDITY!
I also have no respect for cry babies. I have had grown men cry in front of me and that is usually the kiss of death. I lose all respect for them from that point forward.
Usually you can tell just from looking at me when I don't like someone. I make no attempt to hide it. I usually just won't talk to them or I get frustrated and lash out. I have no problem telling someone that I don't like them.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,747 Posts
2) People who are competent and effective.
3) People who are consistent. (Actions match words, and words match other words.)
4) People who enjoy toilet humor and/or morbid humor. (YMMV.)
5) People whose values are congruent with my own.
6) Intelligent people.

Dislikes
1) Idiots.
2) People who think they're god's gift to humanity but are mediocre ranging to horrible at everything they do.
3) Lazy people who imagine themselves entitled to what they refuse to work for.
4) Whiners.
5) Flakes.
6) People who attempt to bribe me with gifts. (I consider this insulting. One, I'm more than capable of getting whatever it is myself, and two, I strongly dislike the implication that I can be bought.)
7) People who butter me up excessively. (This is also vaguely insulting, as they are implying that I am a fool.)
8) People who act like assholes for no reason.
9) People who cannot accurately gauge their own best interests.
10) People who continue making sexual remarks/jokes/invitations towards obviously uninterested targets.

If I like you, believe me, you will know. I will make an effort to speak with you often, will listen to your meandering thoughts (for reasons other than data collection), will include your best interests in my larger plans, and will display concern over your general well-being.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Here is my list...

Intelligent people
Accomplished people
People that get things done
People that make me laugh

DISLIKES

People that lack common sense or logic
Lazy people
People that complain yet do nothing to improve their situation
Rats
People that insist on sticking their nose in my business
People that have no respect

·
Registered
313 Posts
In terms of romance...

If I like you,
- I'll really test your intellectual traits with topics. Succeed and I'm yours.
- I be blunt and say 'I like you.' Plain and simple here.

If I hate you,
- I'll say it, blunt and honesty.
- I won't test your knowledge as much.

·
Registered
960 Posts
- People who are informed before they shoot their mouth off.
- People who know what they're getting by the time they get to the front of the line.
- People who drive the speed limit, or ideally 10% over it.

Dislikes:
- Incompetent people.
- Incompetent people who fail to realize that they are in fact incompetent.
- People who insist on giving their .2c on topics they have no clue about.
- Uptight people.
- Cunts.
Agree but this works on a workplace enviroment mostly , in a friendship i guees this need some adaptations

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Agree but this works on a workplace enviroment mostly , in a friendship i guees this need some adaptations
Not really, I view friendships as a transaction involving time and I have certain expectations there as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
People who help me get things done when a difficult situation occurs.
People who talk less and act more.
People who have read and searched a lot before forming their views on politics, ethics, philosophy etc.
People who have a deep knowledge of something.
People who have a vision about something, something so important they want to share with the world.
People who are logical and blunt. One and one equals two, great, no over-analyzing it, let's proceed to our next topic.
People who know how to engage in an interesting conversation.

DISLIKES

People who call themselves "communists" or "neo-liberalists" or whatever without having a clue about what these ideologies stand up for. They just support them because they think other people will find them cool or something. Really, really stupid and swallow people, can't stand them.
People who overanalyze stupid situations and cry over them for ages without doing something to overcome them.
People who think that they are superior beings or something without actually having any special talents or a satisfying level of intelligence.
People who spend 42423432 hours to get something done.
People who don't want to become engaged to debates because all they want to do is fight, fight, fight.
People who act like babies, who want constantly someone being their nanny, who can't face situations and do nothing for it.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm not an ENTJ But, I had a roommate who was. And she'd talk with me about her guy relationships all the time. First of all, she was very openly flirty with the guy that she liked. So, if she's anything like other ENTJs then I think you'll know right away that they like you or not. She did a lot of things for him. She invited him to pretty much everything. She was over all pretty demanding for his attention. She didn't hide the fact that she liked him, at all.
Some of the things I noticed about her:
-She loves getting complimented
-She hates stupidity
-She hates inefficiency
-She loves to talk
-She is very honest.
-She likes receiving help even though she says she doesn't want it.
-She'll go the whole nine yards to do things for people that she likes and cares about (She spent 60 bucks on me once even when I told her not to... She always makes dinner for her friends who come over).

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
i hate getting complimented. it makes me think that someone wants something. I wonder when they will stab me in the back.
I don't want help and I get pretty fucking irate if you help me and I didn't ask for it. I'll tell you what I want, when I want it. Otherwise, don't. my esfj mom does this. she means well, but, really, back off.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If they do like you: A. Tell you they like you. and/or B. Basically they will insinuate or ask if you will be wasting their time.

If they do not like you: A. They will not know you exist anymore, if ever they noticed you to begin with. B. Tell you; although, that would be a waist of their time usually.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
If they don't like you: the tasks they give you to do become fewer and simpler.
...And - ironically - reading this post just reminded me to get my ENTJ-provided "to do" list done, otherwise my ENTJ SO will get grumpy!

Reactions: Dodger

·
Registered
243 Posts
If they like you, they'll either ask you out or cross paths with you and clumsily keep tabs on you in the hopes that one of you will spark up a conversation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts