Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hide it and tell myself that no one can notice while it's blatantly obvious from my body language and the way I lit up when someone I like is around..to everyone else except myself..

No no of course I dont fancy him, you crazy lol *blushing*...that kind of thing...

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
i get nervous and make a fool of myself in front of her
That is so cute, I love that. I hate how there's all this talk about guys needing to be smooth and such (if they are hetero) when around a female they like. You know, there are some women out there who don't like smoothness, and find the akwardness quite endearing. I've always liked goofyness. Cus' I am incredibly goofy myself. Embarrassingly so.

Oh and OP: I'm not telling! :tongue: what I will say, is that I don't wait for the person to approach me. I'm not into many people, so if someone comes along I like, I don't wait around. Of course, friendship happens first before anything else (so you can actually get to know each other and find genuine attraction) and if it's right, I let things blossom on their own, if it doesn't develop, there's still the friendship. I hate that males are "expected" to do the initiating... I don't like leaving the impetus to them, I think it's unfair. Of course it leaves me vulnerable to the eventual them not liking me, but eh :bored: it's better to take a chance and see what happens.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Honestly I'm a giant flirt :tongue: I hate risking that I might be passing on something that could be great. How could I live with myself if I thought I let a possible soulmate walk out the door?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I wouldn't say anything until I'm ever near that person preferable on our own then I'd just say something random to try get something going but that always just ended up with them laughing at me but I don't think it was in bad ways.

Back in school I was happy if I ever got put next to that person (teachers always had a seating plan for us) I'd say random things but I also copied her work because I was so unfocused on lessons haha :tongue:

I am a very curious person but I'm really reserved at time so sometimes I'll just try to figure things out a hide away, other times I'll go exploring, By that I mean being more myself, Just a tiny bit more open, talking more etc etc just basicly wanting to be a friend.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Could I just ask the guys only (not girls coz I am one duh! lol):

Would you ever find yourself shaking with nerves if you really liked a girl?

Have you ever been unable to openly compliment a girl you liked, but instead held back so that she wouldn't know your feelings? If so, why did you do that, and did you ever regret it later on?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
i get nervous and make a fool of myself in front of her

To me that makes a man the most attractive above anything else. It shows he is REAL when he gets nervous. Then I fall head over heals.

When I like someone I try to say or do special things for them. If I really deeply like someone then I get all giggly. And that is not normal for me in the least.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I do the run & hide thing too....and I'm not an initiator. I'll respond, but even then, I am timid. Physical attraction makes this more pronounced; I can barely look at the person, for fear my face will give me away; and I can't talk, for fear my voice will give me away. If it's more of an intellectual attraction, then it's easier. I think it's best for me to let a friendship grow into romance, but then, whether it will or not is very uncertain....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

Have you ever been unable to openly compliment a girl you liked, but instead held back so that she wouldn't know your feelings? If so, why did you do that, and did you ever regret it later on?
Yes this happens often. I get very uncomfortable and shy about admitting that I like someone in that way. I'm kind of conservative in that sense. I have regretted it. Ive gotten better as Ive gotten older. Took me to the age of about 20 before I could really interact with girls!

Some girls told me that women love compliments, they told me it was one of their favorite things in the world :tongue: The one time I tried it, it worked. I complimented the dress she was wearing ( I honestly liked her dress, I wasn't doing it just to flirt with her) and she liked me after that :tongue: Unfortunately I personally didn't feel chemistry between us though.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Sorry, I'm a girl but I had to chime in.

Definitely for me. I tend to compliment people a lot just because if I think something nice about someone I have the urge to tell them.

HOWEVER, if I'm really into them compliments become much more difficult and meaningful -- because I think it'll be too obvious in my voice or facial expression. In other words: a compliment would be a dead giveaway so I would still give them just a lot more thoughtfully and after the "nice thought" has played over in my head quite a few times and the opportunity to tell them has come and gone a few times as well.

Maybe INFP men are similar?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
An INFP friend of mine, one night at 4 AM (we were in a dark basement together, after watching a film), he said something like "for example, I care about you... Just kidding." (when we were talking about the few people we can actually bring ourselves to care for) Yeah. My eyes just about popped out. Did he mean that?

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
An INFP friend of mine, one night at 4 AM (we were in a dark basement together, after watching a film), he said something like "for example, I care about you... Just kidding." (when we were talking about the few people we can actually bring ourselves to care for) Yeah. My eyes just about popped out. Did he mean that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're really asking so forgive me if you aren't and I'm answering.

YES.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oh man...if a girl I liked was near me, I would look at her and then turn away in the blink of an eye. I would be terribly nervous, but I would do everything in my power to not show that, I'm sure the nervousness is still on my face though .-.

Also, I start being incredibly helpful and more outgoing for this person. I don't know why...with my crush, while I did feel incredibly nervous, she also made me feel incredibly calm at times...she radiates this calming essence...okay before I totally go offtopic, I tend to do a lot more for this person...even if I do mess up :x

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nervous, shaking, making fool of myself, moving weird. Over whelmed with joy and fears. Because when I hear her voice, its the voice of angel.I try to hide it, but I think it not succeed.

But then I cant risk to lose her. So I started to give a very soft sign that I cared for her. For example when we go to photo exhibition and I say "Well.. You could be a good models for picture." Its maybe small joke, but I really really mean it.

To speak to her is scary, but lose someone special without even try is unbearable.

1 - 20 of 350 Posts