Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If an ENTP male tells you that he cannot really chat with others (guys and girls alike - actually he mentioned even 'pretty' girls) for a long period of time except for yourself, does that indicate something.

[It's usually like cross-continental online chatting for a couple of hours at a stretch. (huge time difference bet. the two regions)]

Any comments from ENTP males would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
If an ENTP male tells you that he cannot really chat with others (guys and girls alike - actually he mentioned even 'pretty' girls) for a long period of time except for yourself, does that indicate something.

[It's usually like cross-continental online chatting for a couple of hours at a stretch. (huge time difference bet. the two regions)]

'Chat' as in that abhorrent little thing called small-talk? If that's the case, personally I can navigate and handle myself very well through the chit-chat of a situation, even in group settings. But after a while it takes its toll on me as it starts to feel more and more superfluous and eventually find myself squirming to escape the socialite orgy.

However, if I spark interest in somebody else at the mention of a topic I also hold interest for, well, that can go on for hours.

Maybe he's a tad too insecure? The comment about pretty girls makes it kinda a give-away.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zippy BawBaw!
I'm sorry, English is not my native tongue. Would you mind elaborating a little on the following sentence, please?

The comment about pretty girls makes it kinda a give-away.
Not sure what you meant here.

Actually, I meant 'online chat' as in gmail chat option etc.
typing...for long hours...cross-continental communication...is it typical for ENTP males to hold conversations (typing...chatting) for a couple of hours at a stretch...he says he cannot hold conversations for long at a stretch except for with myself...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thanks Zippy BawBaw!
I'm sorry, English is not my native tongue. Would you mind elaborating a little on the following sentence, please?

Not sure what you meant here.

Actually, I meant 'online chat' as in gmail chat option etc.
typing...for long hours...cross-continental communication...is it typical for ENTP males to hold conversations (typing...chatting) for a couple of hours at a stretch...he says he cannot hold conversations for long at a stretch except for with myself...
No worries! And actually, you're perfectly fine. It was a mistake on my part to automatically assume you meant real life socializing over electronic ones.

It sounds like he's stuck in his Ne-Fe loop, seeing as how I'm the exact same way with others online when I'm stuck in my own little loop. In person, it's easier to break out of the apathetic cycle, but online? I don't know, it's just harder. You're probably just generally one of those friends that are 'easy to talk to' so he feels he can still open up to you just fine without fear of you pointing out one of his inadequacies while he's in his sensitive state of mind.

·
Registered
118 Posts

i think you're spot on in this case (there are plenty of other ways to spend your free time and entp would think of this)

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
I hate chat programs.

On going chats on-line have only happened with romantic interests/partners and 1 super close friend. That's because they have and hold my attention. Not the easiest thing to do.

What it means is you hold his attention.

Reactions: serenityy

·
Registered
42 Posts
With girls I'm attracted to, I'm usually flirty / funny / cocky most of the time but if I'm really really attracted, I'll be more nice and sincere.

EDIT: I'm nice to girls I'm not attracted to too so idfk use your own god damn judgment bitch jk

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The main reason I don't like chats online is because it's so hard to deliver sarcasm well. Only a few people can tell when I'm joking online so I try to keep my online chatter limited to them (and anonymous forums). And yes, it's really hard to keep focus on a conversation when I'm not particularly interested in the person/topic at hand. It has to have something interesting going on or else there'll be long pauses and the chat will eventually die out.

There was no sarcasm in this post btw. :tongue:

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
It means he enjoys your company and would like to talk more. It doesn't sound like he necessarily has romantic feelings for you, especially if he said something about "pretty girls" and didn't mean you. Cuz that's pretty rude, right? I don't think I would blatantly call the person I'm talking to ugly if I planned to ask them out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It means he enjoys your company and would like to talk more. It doesn't sound like he necessarily has romantic feelings for you, especially if he said something about "pretty girls" and didn't mean you. Cuz that's pretty rude, right? I don't think I would blatantly call the person I'm talking to ugly if I planned to ask them out.
Well he did say "except for yourself" which could be his way of telling her he finds her attractive.

Reactions: serenityy

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your feedbak, Devoid!
Actually, we haven't met face to face yet, and I haven't shared my picture with him as yet.
It's only been a cross-continental communication for a while.

Take care. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm not an ENTP male and don't find it hard to chat to others, but I can emphasise with the guy. I have a close male friend who I almost never see in real life but talk to online for extended periods of time, like in your case. I find him interesting and we can always share Ti thoughts/interests, but I've never had romantic feelings for him (I need a physical connection for that).

He acts almost like a diary to whom I talk about my day, discuss my weird Ne-Ti thoughts (I find it very difficult to find people who actually pay attention to these in real life because they want to talk about other things) and some of my emotions, which I don't usually feel comfortable with discussing in real life. I would imagine that it's even more difficult for an ENTP male to chat in this extended way with people in real life, especially if he's going through an introverted period.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would imagine that it's even more difficult for an ENTP male to chat in this extended way with people in real life, especially if he's going through an introverted period.
Thanks very much for your thoughtful comment, Nimbus! I tried several times to reply to your comments, but I think the page is not being refreshed for some reason unknown to me. Anyways... :) You are perfectly right in that the guy's indeed going through an introverted period (a crisis, too). Thanks for your response again!

·
Registered
272 Posts
i don't like to chat on internet. So if i chat on internet for a long period of time, it's because i like it (at the moment). :wink:
i could like it; because i like the conversation's type (that interest me)/ or because i like the person/ or both

1 - 14 of 14 Posts