Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ENFP females, the happy ones, in my experience, always try to put up some naughty smile on their lips.
But if the ENFP is not happy due to whatever reasons in her life then will she be able to put up that kind of a smile?
What signs, if any, will such an woman show?

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
At my worst, I retreat into my ISTJ shadow and hide away from the world. Coming through my divorce, I was basically an empty shell of myself. I shut off my feeling side and only reserved my creativeness for my writing. I was still friendly with people but I tended to sit on the sidelines and not interact. It was a pretty tough time, but doing that help me sort through the mess my ex had made of my emotional core.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have a female INTJ coworker who I'm close to. We went out to lunch and I was confiding to her about my relationship issues. While she was listening, she told me that "It's crazy knowing that underneath it all, you're really sad. You're so optimistic at work, it's hard to see that behind your happy smile."

It shocked me that she noticed that. I was pretty sad and concerned at the time, but in my mind, I thought I was doing everyone a favor by not showing my true emotions at work. When peers would ask me for help, I'd be very optimistic and encouraging at guiding them. I was actually really at the point of crying, but I felt that putting up a good face was the least I felt I should do.

Like @Nafatali said, I start to fall into my ISTJ shadow's traits. I was still pretty healthy at the incident above, but I notice I become more introverted, put on my headphones to block out distractions and just pound away at work until I'm done. I tend to detach my emotions because I'm trying not to let it get to me, otherwise I will just be bawling if I was by myself. Having work helps to keep me from thinking about the topics that are making me sad until I can have some time alone with my thoughts.

I don't think it would be a "naughty" smile that I put up all the time. I see mine more as a friendly, mischievous smile. I like to think I have more depth and knowledge behind my carefree attitude. :p But when my INTJ coworker noted that she couldn't tell behind my smile until I confided in her, I think I can still easily pull of a good face.

My main intention is to protect others from issues that don't involve them.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Unless i'm angry, i always wear a smile, you would never know i'm sad. I put on a mask while emotional turmoil inside is like a storm. If we are close, i will tell you if i'm sad, if i don't know you well, again you won't know. My friends tell me my eyes get teary when i'm sad, i stop talking, act really introverted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.