Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I don't feel like a millennial, even though I'm part of Generation Z.

1. I barely use my iPhone.
2. I don't do selfies.
3. I don't do stupid challenges from Twitter.
4. I don't have a Vine account.
5. I barely use Netflix.
6. I don't text that much, nor use stupid abbreviations to respond to other people.
7. I don't like this decade's pop culture.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I watched that video a few days ago and it seems it was inaccurate. I feel that it's more of a Generation Z video than millennial.I don't even do most of the things listed in that video.
I didn't watch that video but i read the description. I think some points are nearly accurate. According to latest reports, generation Y is still largest in social networking. More specifically people born in 80s. Also the Selfi trend is more common in HS-college aged peoples. (I consider people aged 15+ are gen Yers)

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I am addicted to my iPad but not my phone, since I am pretty bad at typing on a phone. The games I play work well in iPad but not iPhone (rhythm games).

I binge-watch animes I downloaded, but I have no Netflix.

I barely text, I barely make calls, and I barely use twitter. I never abbreviate. I was forced to create one for free daily freebies in a mobile game anyway! I totally don't relate to oversharing thing. So overall I guess I am not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hate phones, I don't like netflix, I don't like taking selfies, I don't like FB or twitter--I was born in 1994, but I guess I'm not a millennial according to this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
951 Posts
This seems to be about the negative stereotype of millennials... I mean individually none of these things are 'bad' and are certainly things characteristic of some gen-Y's and less of older generations, but put together and presented as an identity of sorts just makes us look shallow. I think that's why the video isn't popular.

I don't even have a smartphone...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can add here some indifference towards politics and slight nihilism. As for post-Soviet era the youth of 90s had a gloomy but indiscriminate worldview with some traces of hope for changes.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The only one of those I can really relate to is that I Google everything. My Generation X parents actually use their phones more than I do, share things on social media while I don't even have an account on those sites, and watch Netflix more than I do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
According to that video, my babyboomergeneration parents are more millenial than me... But maybe that's because I've got the soul of a grumpy old lady. :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts