Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this while my brother was watching tv, and it has been the only thing to make me laugh out loud in I-can't-remember. How would you describe this humour? Also, sorry for the terrible video, its the best I could find. The show is cartoon planet.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Question, why are you asking INTPs? This is drunk humor or simply silly humor in my book. Second question, were you high whilst watching this? Or do you enjoy watching people when they are baked out of their minds? I suggest trying everything I've stated and be sure to mix your alcohol.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Humour? What? Where? Have I missed something?

Reactions: Jennywocky

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I like the dark, absurd, and slightly honest humour in it.
But not so much a fan of the silliness.

An animated series I like is South Park because it's dark, absurd, honest, philosophical, and its Satire.
So you like absurdity presented as an overarching idea, but when it's in your face and it's implications are being shown, you can't deal?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm disappointed. I thought I would get a good laugh.
I'm very sorry. I personally find disappointment worse than sadness or anger. Anthony Jesselnik has much more sophisticated humour, and I like him as well.

I was not high, I was not drunk. This was three in the afternoon. I couldn't precisely explain what I find funny about this.

I posted it here because my INTP friend and I very much enjoy it, and if there were those with similar interests as ours, I would like to know. Thanks cynicalgiant.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
So you like absurdity presented as an overarching idea, but when it's in your face and it's implications are being shown, you can't deal?
Yes! Couldn't have said it better myself.
I like it when you haft to think about it or even better when it forces you to think about it.

A part a really liked in the OP's video is around 0:33 when it's just a shot of the praying mantis guy playing some vids.
It's defiantly my Ne that makes that part so funny to me.
Its like they messed up in the editing of there video or something.
It's honest too. lol

I guess I find things funny when I can interpret them.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I'm very sorry. I personally find disappointment worse than sadness or anger. Anthony Jesselnik has much more sophisticated humour, and I like him as well.

I was not high, I was not drunk. This was three in the afternoon. I couldn't precisely explain what I find funny about this.

I posted it here because my INTP friend and I very much enjoy it, and if there were those with similar interests as ours, I would like to know. Thanks cynicalgiant.
Yes! Couldn't have said it better myself.
I like it when you haft to think about it or even better when it forces you to think about it.

A part a really liked in the OP's video is around 0:33 when it's just a shot of the praying mantis guy playing some vids.
It's defiantly my Ne that makes that part so funny to me.
Its like they messed up in the editing of there video or something.
It's honest too. lol

I guess I find things funny when I can interpret them.
I guess I like being forced to read in between the lines to see what is funny about something...

Anyway, there's also this.
Probably not a great contribution to the thread, but it's hit or miss humor:

Skip to 00:41.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts