Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
I think it's funny that there was a whole other thread about how people tell others oh you're not an N you're an S and telling people that they are ESTJ's. A lot of you commented on it and yet, here you are doing it to me. http://personalitycafe.com/entj-forum-executives/26583-entj-perc-mistyping-you.html You guys can do what ever, I'm not changing my type. I am a ENTJ. Take it or leave it I don't care.

People here are trying to help you because they have more experience in understanding how cognitive functions work. All your descriptions vaguely box extroverted+introverted functions in the same way when in fact they work differently. Ne and Ni have very few in common, Si and Se, etc. My Ne "idea generator" and an xNTJ Ni "idea generator" are as similar as an egg and a ball. Rounded forms, but no more... (well, I'm exaggerating a bit).

MBTI is a worse model than jungian cognitive functions; it's a oversimplified version. Typing yourself or any other person with MBTI could easily imply mistakes. A lot of people here have later changed their type after learning cognitive functions, but of course they still remain being the same people. Nobody is saying to you what you really are. Nobody knows better than you what you are, so your deffensive attitude is not necessary. But what they're saying is that the name you're putting to what you are is not correct.

Affirming you're a type does not make you being a type. Maybe what could happen here is that, after typing yourself as ENTJ using MBTI instead cognitive functions, you liked so much the description of this type that you refuse considering other options, specially if you have a negative idea for whatever reason about the other types that could match with you (a negative vision which could possibly have been fed by MBTI readings).

I agree with people here that you're not and ENTJ. Your way of writting, your expressions, you attitute... all points you're not an ENTJ. Even your username. No real ENTJ would choose it. It shows an attitude which does not mach with any point of the ENTJ spectrum.

My personal opinion, based in what I've readed in your posts, is that you could be an ENTP a bit hyperfocused in the external world (weak introverted functions).

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
People here are trying to help you because they have more experience in understanding how cognitive functions work. All your descriptions vaguely box extroverted+introverted functions in the same way when in fact they work differently. Ne and Ni have very few in common, Si and Se, etc. My Ne "idea generator" and an xNTJ Ni "idea generator" are as similar as an egg and a ball. Rounded forms, but no more... (well, I'm exaggerating a bit).

MBTI is a worse model than jungian cognitive functions; it's a oversimplified version. Typing yourself or any other person with MBTI could easily imply mistakes. A lot of people here have later changed their type after learning cognitive functions, but of course they still remain being the same people. Nobody is saying to you what you really are. Nobody knows better than you what you are, so your deffensive attitude is not necessary. But what they're saying is that the name you're putting to what you are is not correct.

Affirming you're a type does not make you being a type. Maybe what could happen here is that, after typing yourself as ENTJ using MBTI instead cognitive functions, you liked so much the description of this type that you refuse considering other options, specially if you have a negative idea for whatever reason about the other types that could match with you (a negative vision which could possibly have been fed by MBTI readings).

I agree with people here that you're not and ENTJ. Your way of writting, your expressions, you attitute... all points you're not an ENTJ. Even your username. No real ENTJ would choose it. It shows an attitude which does not mach with any point of the ENTJ spectrum.

My personal opinion, based in what I've readed in your posts, is that you could be an ENTP a bit hyperfocused in the external world (weak introverted functions).
My name was a joke actually. I think it's funny.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Alright, lets make a deal then, I'll read up on more of the MBTI and you stop judging me? Eh? Fair trade?
I don't consider the pursuit of knowledge grounds for negotiations.

Anyhow, I can be pretty sure that most, if not all of the ENTJ's on this forum would be open to reconsidering and changing their type. Why is it that you don't want to even reconsider?

(I feel like this question has been asked a bunch of times but I haven't seen a straight answer yet.)

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Really Enough is enough.
I'm not sure what you're saying with this; English is not my mother tongue so sorry if I made any language error. But I wrote "real", not "really", where real means well typed.
Okay, to to appease the masses because we all know that this is all important to everything EVER!!

Se - extraverted sensing Experiencing the immediate context; noticing changes and opportunied for action; being drawn to act on the physical world; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing "what is"
Si - introverted sensing Reviewing past experiences; "what is" evoking "what was"; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been

Okay, to be honest I do these both all most equally. I do the Se just a tiny teeny bit more. Maybe that's why you all think that I'm an ESTJ. They are really close. But, I am going to think on these things though to get a better perspective.

·
Banned
349 Posts
Okay, to to appease the masses because we all know that this is all important to everything EVER!!

Se - extraverted sensing Experiencing the immediate context; noticing changes and opportunied for action; being drawn to act on the physical world; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing "what is"
Si - introverted sensing Reviewing past experiences; "what is" evoking "what was"; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been

Okay, to be honest I do these both all most equally. I do the Se just a tiny teeny bit more. Maybe that's why you all think that I'm an ESTJ. They are really close. But, I am going to think on these things though to get a better perspective.
I don't think you're an ESTJ. I maintain my opinion about you as ENTP.

Anyway the difference between these functions, Si and Se, are a bit more complex. Se as extroverted function maganes "all information at the same time" whereas Si as introverted function is "one step at the time". Well this is not exactly in this way as black/white, better shades of grey. Introverted functions are "deeper but narrower" whereas extroverted functions are "broader but shallower".

I recommend to you this thread where functions are very well explained:

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-br...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I don't consider the pursuit of knowledge grounds for negotiations.

Anyhow, I can be pretty sure that most, if not all of the ENTJ's on this forum would be open to reconsidering and changing their type. Why is it that you don't want to even reconsider?

(I feel like this question has been asked a bunch of times but I haven't seen a straight answer yet.)
Oh, I have. Many times. Just not much anymore. I like reading all of the types and seeing which ones I could be or not. Another reason I feel like I am a ENTJ is because I am the Exact opposite from the ISFP. absolutely 100% opposite. I also, did the opposite typing thing that someone mentioned on here and came out an ISFP.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

Anyway the difference between these functions, Si and Se, are a bit more complex. Se as extroverted function maganes "all information at the same time" whereas Si as introverted function is "one step at the time". Well this is not exactly in this way as black/white, better shades of grey. Introverted functions are "deeper but narrower" whereas extroverted functions are "broader but shallower".

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-br...iled-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html
Wow slow down there fella...... I will say this I think that out of the two ESTJ and ENTP I would be more ESTJ.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

Okay, let me articulate it this way. And see what kind of stupid responses I get.

I read the whole cognitive functions thing again for the 89th time and here are the answers.
ENTJ – I am a total Te. I am a total Ni. I’m Se more. And I am Fi.
strategizer mobilizer
Te Ni Se Fi

Taaa Daaaa! :shocked:

·
Banned
521 Posts
Okay, let me articulate it this way. And see what kind of stupid responses I get.
Saying that the responses of others is "stupid" is rather childish- especially at your age. Being in college, you're probably at least 18, aren't you? Please respect the responses of others next time. You can attack its validity, but to call it "stupid" is outright disrespectful.

I read the whole cognitive functions thing again for the 89th time and here are the answers.
strategizer mobilizer
Te Ni Se Fi

Good. Now that you're aware of the cognitive functions, perhaps you will be able to defend your type better this time around.

Now then, might I ask how you use each of these functions in your life?

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Saying that the responses of others is "stupid" is rather childish- especially at your age. Being in college, you're probably at least 18, aren't you? Please respect the responses of others next time. You can attack its validity, but to call it "stupid" is outright disrespectful.

Good. Now that you're aware of the cognitive functions, perhaps you will be able to defend your type better this time around.

Wow that's funny seeing how you guys are the ones that we disrespecting me, but by all means go ahead and be a jack ass. And, no. I'm sleepy. Good night.

·
Banned
521 Posts
Wow that's funny seeing how you guys are the ones that we disrespecting me, but by all means go ahead and be a jack ass.
That's interesting. I don't recall disrespecting you in any of the posts that I've made on here. If you go back and read each of my posts, I was merely trying to aid you in expanding your knowledge since you don't seem to be aware of the deeper theory in Cognitive Functions/MBTI.

And, no. I'm sleepy. Good night.
That's okay. I'm sure that you're tired from all of the debating and learning that's been going on anyway. Feel free to continue the discussion in the morning when you wake up. I'll be waiting.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

Oh one more thing before I go to bed. Is this the typical jerk face welcome to personalitycafe? Do judge every person like this. Or an I just one of the lucky few? I just find this to be unbelievably stupid and childish. Like this is some sort of club or gang. Like do you guys honestly think that since you guys have been here longer that you are somehow better than me and more qualified to tell me what goes on in MY own head? Who does that? I have answered the immediate question. I'm NOT answering anymore till a much later date or never whichever I want. Anyways, I am going to bed.

·
Banned
301 Posts
Oh one more thing before I go to bed. Is this the typical jerk face welcome to personalitycafe? Do judge every person like this. Or an I just one of the lucky few? I just find this to be unbelievably stupid and childish. Like this is some sort of club or gang. Like do you guys honestly think that since you guys have been here longer that you are somehow better than me and more qualified to tell me what goes on in MY own head? Who does that? I have answered the immediate question. I'm NOT answering anymore till a much later date or never whichever I want. Anyways, I am going to bed.
It's not being a jerk, it's called being direct. She's just stating it as it is without beating around the bush. If you were a true NT type, you wouldn't have been offended by it or wouldn't need for her to sweeten her sentence up.

All these people are asking for are impartial judgment, respect for multiple perspective, and strong basis for an argument. No one is looking down on you when they ask for you to source your claim. They want proof because it's illogical to accept a statement without it. It'd be like accepting a contract without reading the fine print.

Lastly, when someone else attacks your point, or make a counterargument, don't get offended and start attacking the person. Be respectful. if the person isn't, then that doesn't mean you should start backlashing either. Let's leave our emotions and attachments to our arguments at the door, please? Being closed-minded never gets anyone anywhere. As the saying in my country goes, a closed mind is like an enclosed prison with its content rotting and fading away.

·
Banned
349 Posts

strategizer mobilizer
Te Ni Se Fi

With such words and attitude you're just confirming the opposite you say, I mean, you are not an ENTJ:

Te uses external proofs (experiments, observations) for validating an affirmation. You just say "I'm an ENTJ..." with no more explanation than your desire. As you reject any kind of external proofs (for example, contrasting your behavior, style of writting, way of thinking, etc, with confirmed users) you cannot have Te.

Ni works with ideas taken to ultimate consequences: it examines all points of views and consequences of a single idea. You just leave a set of random ideas. Typical for Ne, never Ni.

Your behavior suggest an ENTP (Ne>Ti>Fe>Si) a bit unbalanced (weak Ti, maybe even weaker than Fe). The childish attitude ("supid responses") is a proof of it (words than an ENTJ, balanced or not, would never employ). You just can take a look to the ENTJ forum and you will see that not only their opinions, also the way they construct them (the thinking process) is different. Anyway you can think you want, but between beliefs and reality the gap could be big (thinking you can fly does not make you being able).

·
Registered
58 Posts
The first time I took the MBTI I was an ESTJ, that was over two years ago. Since then I have taken it at least 20 time and always a ENTJ. But looking back I don't feel much different. I have been told I'm nicer but I don't know if that has anything to do with that. I'm also much more perspective about people and their motives. But that's pretty much it. What do you guys think?
ESTJs are firmly planted in the here and now. ENTJs are constantly looking at what could be. Idea orientation. That's the basic difference, and so true. IN MY OPINION, you're growing as a person if you have that idea orientation. "you get it" when people present possibilities to you.
Plus, if you're writing this page wondering, you're definitely an ENTJ. ESTJs don't care what is different. It is what it is to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know it's a joke, but if you know enough real (jungian congnitive functions typed) ENTJ's you will see their jokes are not like this. It's another style.
I disagree. I've been married to an ENTJ for many many years. He would make this type of joke to be funny. And I would laugh, because that is so him-the General, the King.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
The first time I took the MBTI I was an ESTJ, that was over two years ago. Since then I have taken it at least 20 time and always a ENTJ. But looking back I don't feel much different. I have been told I'm nicer but I don't know if that has anything to do with that. I'm also much more perspective about people and their motives. But that's pretty much it. What do you guys think?
ESTJs are firmly planted in the here and now. ENTJs are constantly looking at what could be. Idea orientation. That's the basic difference, and so true. IN MY OPINION, you're growing as a person if you have that idea orientation. "you get it" when people present possibilities to you.
Plus, if you're writing this page wondering, you're definitely an ENTJ. ESTJs don't care what is different. It is what it is to them.
Just so you know "this" thread is kinda old news!

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.