Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'sup?

I created a simple 'cognitive functions' quiz.
Read the first question carefully - it's with regards to which of the options resonates with you most under stress or duress.

https://www.quiz-maker.com/QUTHXPX

The information that formed the quiz is derived from mbti-notes.tumblr, and Was That Really Me? by Naomi Quenk.

I originally intended to create a three question quiz for this, but settled on two.

Keen to hear thoughts and critique etc.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
The first question was hard as none of them fit very well, but I got ENTJ.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first question was hard as none of them fit very well, but I got ENTJ.
How come none of them fit?
They're just lifted from Was That Really Me? by Naomi Quenk, basically.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Both of your tests gave me ISxP. The other one was ISTP and this was ISFP.

Which is fair given I'll freely admit to possibly being ISFP ('cause functions). But also that Se is hard to describe and its stereotypical "drunk hobo" unhealthy inferior description is weird.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I got INFP.

When I got to the second question, I didn't know which to choose. I started over-thinking that maybe the first answer I chose was wrong, then I realised the exact thing I was doing was the answer to the second question.

It's good. Usually when quizzes take too long, I get impatient.

Reactions: Turi

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both of your tests gave me ISxP. The other one was ISTP and this was ISFP.

Which is fair given I'll freely admit to possibly being ISFP ('cause functions). But also that Se is hard to describe and its stereotypical "drunk hobo" unhealthy inferior description is weird.
Cool.
I don't really believe in functions, I just find them interesting to theorise about.

I find it very interesting to find there is actually a little correlation between the results people got on the dichotomy one, and the ones they're getting on this one.

I get ENTP on both, lol.
I resonate with the addictive part of inf Se, but push comes to shove and I'll pick "withdraw, get depressed and obsessed" (inf Si) over inf Se.

I think people need to look into S more. lol.

Reactions: saph

·
Registered
306 Posts
INFP

Fi-Ne-S-Te.

The first question was hard because there were several I related to kinda well, but I think the one I picked was the best one out of the options (the one most like me when stressed.) I'm not sure if Te is really my inferior function, and I've never gotten INFP on any tests I've taken, but it's one of the types I'm considering, so it's interesting.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
How come none of them fit?
They're just lifted from Was That Really Me? by Naomi Quenk, basically.
It's probably more to do with the type dynamics theory where you will engage your inferior function under stress, so the choices are generally a pair of opposites. Like I may be Ti-ish or Ni-ish under stress but not as a departure from a norm of being dominant in the opposite function (Fe or Se). And I'm certainly not Fe or Se-ish under stress which being dominant in Ti or Ni would imply.

I may be most Fi-ish under stress anyway and Te isn't really brought into the Te-Fi description so it's a fairly easy choice (also the Te side isn't really brought into that description which helps) but also not a perfect one because I'm not worried about taking out my emotions on "something or someone". I'd imagine actual ExTJs are more prone to fits of destructive anger.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Wow I got ENFJ, ENTJ was the other option.. though I cannot say I particularly related to either option when determining the S/N part... it is too focused on specifics for me to see the applicability in it. Otherwise it might be too vague but I just do not see it. Too much weird behaviors etc. Not enough about what the type's general nature consists of. And the words used in these kinds of descriptions are so relative; it seems to me that there is no way of reliably estimating which option actually suits you best. My reaction to most of these was "I do that! Sometimes..." -- not enough to determine a type, imo.

And again though, typing based on stress-related behaviour I supposedly have both inferior feeling and thinking :/

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's probably more to do with the type dynamics theory where you will engage your inferior function under stress, so the choices are generally a pair of opposites. Like I may be Ti-ish or Ni-ish under stress but not as a departure from a norm of being dominant in the opposite function (Fe or Se). And I'm certainly not Fe or Se-ish under stress which being dominant in Ti or Ni would imply.

I may be most Fi-ish under stress anyway and Te isn't really brought into the Te-Fi description so it's a fairly easy choice (also the Te side isn't really brought into that description which helps) but also not a perfect one because I'm not worried about taking out my emotions on "something or someone". I'd imagine actual ExTJs are more prone to fits of destructive anger.
ExTJs try their best to keep all their emotions inside.

ExFJs let that shit out.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Cool.
I don't really believe in functions, I just find them interesting to theorise about.
I "believe" in them as far as I see Beebe's model most commonly in people if that's the only system I have to work with, but I don't really care about them enough to debate or nitpick about.

I get ENTP on both, lol.
I resonate with the addictive part of inf Se, but push comes to shove and I'll pick "withdraw, get depressed and obsessed" (inf Si) over inf Se.
Similarly, my most noticeable, or perhaps first obvious, "unhealthy trait" is I get really irritable, so apparently that makes me a T-inferior.

I feel like if the addictive parts were taken out and maybe redistributed to something else (that wasn't paranoia), inferior-Se descriptions would be more relateable to me. Socionics says it's more of an unambitious, drifting feeling, which I can definitely relate to; I can relate to blocking out the world, too. Paranoia always seems to me more like inferior-N, though...

Anyway, I think a lot of descriptions just get too bogged down on a couple points, though, and emphasize them too much to be realistic.

I think people need to look into S more. lol.
Oh, definitely. I won't get into why I don't type as ISFP here, but I'm not sure I'd do the type credit. Both SFs and Fi-doms are cooler than I am :p

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Interesting test, I got ENFP. I usually have trouble choosing the most likely option on tests because it's easy to see each one and apply it to myself, but with the first question I could really only identify with three of them and didn't find it that hard to narrow it down.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
'sup?

I created a simple 'cognitive functions' quiz.
Read the first question carefully - it's with regards to which of the options resonates with you most under stress or duress.

https://www.quiz-maker.com/QUTHXPX

The information that formed the quiz is derived from mbti-notes.tumblr, and Was That Really Me? by Naomi Quenk.

I originally intended to create a three question quiz for this, but settled on two.

Keen to hear thoughts and critique etc.
Haha. I got ENFP, but I barely understood the second question and it was like flipping a coin trying to decide which I related to. My husband took the test too as best he could... and got ESTJ. Haha. Going from INTP to ESTJ?

Anyways, I think the weakness of the quiz is probably where you took stuff from Naomi Quenk. I've read Was That Really Me, and honestly don't know how accurate I truly find it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Interesting, I got ESFP, and I didn't think of "picking the Se" option because I wasn't sure which one that was anyway. I had a hard time with the first question though, as this is more something the people I live with notice. So I asked them instead!! Second question was a no-brainer to me.

·
Registered
29,063 Posts
I tried to choose one that made me look like a drama queen. When people annoy me and stress me out, that's basically what I become (At least to quote others). I don't engage in a hissy fit and start slamming doors like some people. But I do in my own mind create a very specific rule or expectation someone has broken and then complain about it to someone I know. Then some people don't view the derided behavior as negative, see me as overreacting and make as many excuses for it as possible. End of the day the INTP one seemed to do the job, even though I don't really start critiquing everyone's grammar when I'm angry. That sounds interesting.

·
Soop for the Soul
1,741 Posts
I got ESTP. While close its not that accurate. I have relatively weak Se for an ISTP and relatively strong Ni (almost to the point that it supercedes Se sometimes), and there is no doubt in my mind that I am a Ti dom.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ni-Fe-T-Se

Reactions: Turi
1 - 20 of 99 Posts