Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Banned
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this thread may or may not move slowly. The idea is that when you think of one of these, you can find it and tell us.

What are the ordinary things that you really love? Not hobbies, not entertainment, but day-to-day stuff that brings you tiny (or not so tiny) joy.

And yes, we can imagine all your pervy ones, pervs. Be creative. Tell us something we should appreciate but never thought about it.

Here are mine. To start.

1. Taking a shower when you're really dirty. Yesterday, I finished my workout at the gym, put my towel on, then discovered they were re-drywalling the ceiling in the showers. Sure, I could have taken one when I got home that night, but nah. Today, it was so worth the wait! So: Taking a shower when you're really dirty. Bonus points if you're singing along to Prince and trying not to be sad he died.

2. Messing with my (desktop) computer hardware. This week I replaced the power supply, and every time I take the thing apart I feel like Kaylee from Firefly. Yes, I know it's easy and no accomplishment. But you can't tell me that when I just watched a pile of wires turn into YouTube. I am a magical computering magician then.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Some of mine are more frequent than others, but that just means I enjoy the uncommon things even more:

1. After taking a shower with the right combination of shampoo, conditioner and hot water giving me ridiculously soft hair. I'm blond with straight short hair and mostly it gets a bit scruffy after showering. But sometimes I have that magical shower that gives me super smooth hair afterwards. I have tried to isolate the factors to determine how to achieve this intentionally, but so far I haven't succeeded. It just happens randomly.

2. When I tinker with my PC, either with software or hardware, and the thing I'm trying to accomplish works out perfectly on the first try. It's just such a great moment of satisfaction getting something to work when I put my mind to it.

3. In a similar vein as number 2, when I try something ridiculous in a video game to accomplish something and it ends up working. You know those moments where you think "I wonder what happens if I do X"? I have them all the time and it's amazingly fun when the crazy plan actually works.

4. When I actually make an effort to look good for a change. I usually wear normal jeans and a hoodie for comfort. But I do enjoy dressing up in style from time to time. When I do so and then nail every single aspect (the hair, the clothes and the aesthetic) I feel really handsome.

5. Rolling a natural 20 on a d20 when playing Dungeons and Dragons. It's especially satisfying if it's a roll to attempt some weird feat that the DM decides you'll only succeed with a natural 20. I once ended up wielding a 2 meters long demon mace, which would be the size of a warhammer for humanoids, as a one handed weapon on my 145 cm tall female Tiefling Paladin. Lots of smashing and maniacal laughter ensued.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
-Licking your fingers after you finish the fried chicken.
-Dancing like a maniac in you car to loud music.
-Stroking your beard after you wash and oil it.
-Getting an unexpected boobies picture from your lady friend in the middle of a bad day at work.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Some of mine are more frequent than others, but that just means I enjoy the uncommon things even more:

1. After taking a shower with the right combination of shampoo, conditioner and hot water giving me ridiculously soft hair. I'm blond with straight short hair and mostly it gets a bit scruffy after showering. But sometimes I have that magical shower that gives me super smooth hair afterwards. I have tried to isolate the factors to determine how to achieve this intentionally, but so far I haven't succeeded. It just happens randomly.
you sound like a girl *snorts*

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
My first meal after running errands.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Breaking the law in terms of like, I don't know, having sex at night in a car on a residential street.

People watching.

Laughing during a bad situation, as opposed to becoming depressed or angry.

Doing something a different way.

Taking the high road, as opposed to the low road.

Doing something that is anxiety provoking myself, as opposed to having to do it for a job or college objective.

I don't really have simple pleasures, but thats what I like now.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
Whittling/drawing/coloring/other art and listening to audiobooks

Country landscapes - I love it when there are no buildings or people as far as the eye can see

Having a freshly cleaned house

Weird music

I don't know if this counts as simple, but I love storms.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Taking different and new routes to destinations, I just love the spontaneity of it and being able to get away from a boring routine.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Petrichor
Learning a great new word when you thought you already knew most of them.
I discovered that you can reproduce this refreshing scent by blasting a dusty car's AC on full blast. Only downside is all the sneezing from dirt flying in your face.

Reactions: s2theizay

·
Registered
INTP
300 Posts
Reading on springtime afternoons with the windows open, and the right music playing. As the sun sets, it becomes more difficult to read, and the refreshing air becomes too cold - I eventually have to turn on the lights and shut the windows, at which point I shut my book, but every moment leading up to that point is increasingly more enjoyable. Something about the impermanence. I love impermanence in general. On that note, I love traveling, and getting lost in the scenery and the rapid succession of stories it has to tell.

·
Registered
INTP
5,846 Posts
Music that makes me dance.
The way the light shines here in the late afternoon (hence my user name).
When the sight of trees and flowers--even dandelions--takes my breath away.
When something I'm reading makes me laugh out loud and I want to share it with someone (today it's parts of _What If_ by Randall Munroe).
Listening to my adoptive/honorary/fictive cousin go on and on about his knowledge, ideas, and antics; he's either ENTP or ENTJ.
Going outside to look at the stars when I can't sleep.
And yup, my bed when I'm tired.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sitting outside at dusk
Cleaning the kitchen counters
The first bite of a perfectly cooked steak
Once you realize you found a really good show or book
Putting together a mod pack that works
Waking up in the morning with nothing on my mind and my body feels heavy
Being productive without needing to be
Sitting in complete silence

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
- Taking a shower after a work out.

- Laughing at trashy people through watching videos or laughing in myself when I notice them IRL.

Look at his nuts! (0:20)​

- Winning a Dota match.

- Making and drinking tea.

- Checking out photos of one charming man.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
1. Pooping after you had to hold it for sometime.
2. Singing really loudly when you're home alone.
3. A great plot twist in a book/movie/etc.
4. The way molten cheese extends on a slice of pizza.
5. How tomato sauce and garlic go well together.
6. Spicy foods that slightly burn your lips.

Okay, I'm hungry.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts