Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
lol i just noticed you copied my 'location' thingo on perC. Glad to see i'm so influential XD
(that's the first truth)

the second truth is...

"be happy for no reason, like a child. Because reasons can be taken away at any moment."

·
Registered
10,018 Posts
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

Eh, my daughter tells me I am a dork because I have quotes all over our apt. About being awesome, hence our really lame humor about being awesome. My fave is what I roll in bed and see everyday when I wake
"Wake up and be awesome"
The other side of my bed...
"She believed she could so she did"

·
Code Cracked
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i just noticed you copied my 'location' thingo on perC. Glad to see i'm so influential XD
(that's the first truth)

the second truth is...

"be happy for no reason, like a child. Because reasons can be taken away at any moment."
? *clicks on Golden Candle's about me section* I did not know it was on anybody's. But, it never hurts to be influential : ) I have changed my location a few times. On my knees was on there for a bit lol

I like your simple truth listed...I have never heard that one before.

·
Code Cracked
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

Eh, my daughter tells me I am a dork because I have quotes all over our apt. About being awesome, hence our really lame humor about being awesome. My fave is what I roll in bed and see everyday when I wake
"Wake up and be awesome"
The other side of my bed...
"She believed she could so she did"
I have one above my front door that says

HOPE and right below it says~
Live for today, hope for tomorrow

The one on the wall right next to my door says

Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. Hebrews 11:1

I had bought one for my daughter that says
It is what it is....

Something motivational to see right as I wake up is a good idea!

·
Registered
101 Posts
"People believe everything they read on the internet, like it becomes some kind of absolute truth because it is in form of quote." - Abraham Lincoln
That's just not true. People believe quotes they read them and understand what they mean and then they are impressed by who wrote it. I thought your's sounded incorrect and just skipped it. I read the internet and then Abraham Lincoln and thought, "Wow, that was stupid." And I mean that in the least insulting way I can, I just don't know how else to word it. I was going to say, "That sounds inaccurate" but that just sounds stuck-up.

That is pretty funny, though. So congrats for that!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Everybody is full of shit; but not everyone washes their hands.

·
Code Cracked
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Someone who talks shit about other people to you, definitely talks shit about you to other people.
I have said that many times to one of my friends. A mutual friend of ours (that I had not interacted with much) would always tell everyone's personal business to everyone (I avoided her because of this). Until, I was around her enough to realized, she tells everyone her personal business also. I no longer disliked her after that but, also, never told her anything I did not want everyone else to know : )

·
Code Cracked
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I heard this from the movie Atomic Blonde. I laughed because it is so true
You can't unfuck what's been fucked

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts
"What has been seen cannot be unseen"

On a more serious note:

"You'll never be satisfied looking up, look down and see how lucky you really are"

The last quote speaks about appreciating what you have as a key to contentment.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts