Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you feel when you're in a group and someone singles you out to criticize your attitude? I've been called everything from "Spock" to "serial killer", because I don't wear emotions all over me. Now I'm in the spotlight; should I launch a personal attack on the aggressor, or should I just suck it up and keep things civil?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Humor and a calm, cool, collected attitude is usually most effective for me under such circumstances. A snarky, humorous, but innocuous retort served up fresh with a wink and a smile on top should keep his or her piehole busy while letting you off the proverbial hook with the rest of the group, as they will be too busy laughing :cool:

Never let your anger get the best of you, or you will "prove" the bully correct in the eyes of the others.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i always respond positively when people call me a psycho killer. I tear them apart verbally while i smirk. teach them to talk to me when they have no game at true debate. I mean really, how many psycho killers has anyone really met. My dad was a prison guard for years, he would have told me if i was like a psycho or not

Reactions: green4keeps

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just normally joke about it or laugh it off, but in rare instances I completely ignore what they say as they have no idea what they are talking about. All depends on who said it and how they said it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
How do you feel when you're in a group and someone singles you out to criticize your attitude? I've been called everything from "Spock" to "serial killer", because I don't wear emotions all over me. Now I'm in the spotlight; should I launch a personal attack on the aggressor, or should I just suck it up and keep things civil?
I have a very special remote I carry with me all the time. I use the mute button in cases like this ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Now I'm in the spotlight; should I launch a personal attack on the aggressor, or should I just suck it up and keep things civil?
I would smile and pat their head while Ahhhhhhh-ing

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm a huge smartass, so I normally hand them their asses verbally, on a silver platter, with a few sprigs of fresh parsley. They normally get the lesson after one or two times. For working in the sharkpit that is a trading company, this is a mandatory skill.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I generally treat them to amused looks and act like they're little children, since that's pretty much how I see it. I don't particularly care what they think of me, as they hold none of my interest, so that's how I'll treat them if they attempt what I suppose is meant to be an insult.

I might also occasionally respond with a silly comeback that is meant to sound 'upper-class', for the amusement of whatever crowd is there. I.E. 'Your insults have the consistency of soup and all the wit of lettuce.'

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suppose just the fact that I want to respond means there is something about it that affects me. I don't usually bother with people trying to hang an ignorant perception around my neck, but sometimes I just get irritated. It's like a constant force trying to draw me into conformity, so that I can take my place in the pecking order of inquisitive extroverts. A force that wears me down. Or maybe, it's when I'm worn down already these things affect me most.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Remember everyone has a weak spot. Bullies have huge weak spots and huge inadequacy issues. That is why bullies push others around: to compensate for the lack of power over their own lives.

Another hint is that the bully is picking on you, so you likely threaten the bully in some way. You should find the weak spot in the bullies life and either help to get it fixed, or at least exploit it in some fashion until you are left alone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts