Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else do this without really thinking about it?

I am most comfortable sitting with my knees close to my chest. I also have a tendency to make an L with my leg(s) - turn the knee to face the other leg and keep it close to the other leg, and put your foot out while making a 90 degree angle with your knee. I also realize I will lean back on one arm and put all my weight on it, and it causes my entire body to tilt to one side in a weird way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah, holy shit I dont know how many people have told me I sit so vulgarly. For one, my favorite position is squatting. Whether it be squatting on a chair, squatting on the ground, squatting on the subway...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah. I sprawl to get comfortable. I can drive with my left foot on the dashboard and it's very comfy.

@teabox, That reminds me of the other day when I dressed up in a cute skirt and blouse for class. My friend looked at me and said "you look pretty but you're so not ladylike." I was sitting comfortably. :)

Reactions: Ninjaws and Sandbox

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Yes! I always sit with one leg tucked under me so that my foot ends up falling asleep. And then when I sit in an actual chair I always sit right on the edge and more often than not I end up falling off. It's hilarious.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Oh yeah. I used to get badgered by my aunt all the time for sitting in weird positions.

For example, when I was younger my grandparents gave me one of their oversized rocking chairs and I always liked to slide down the chair, so I was halfway sitting up and throw my leg over the side of one of the arms(while rocking). Probably looked a little funky, but it was comfortable.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
When younger, I often used to sit on the couch, with one leg with the knee pointed in, bent upon the couch.

Sometimes now, I have a tendency while sitting at the computer, to draw my left knee up close to my chest. I always just thought it was that my muscles, hip flexors or whatever on that side were tighter... I think some positions are bad for the back...

Reactions: Sandbox

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yep. I don't think I really have a set position I go to, but I inevitably put all my weight on one (random) limb which eventually goes to sleep, and then I move... to put all the pressure on a different limb.

·
Registered
715 Posts
aye. squatting is the only position i'm able to hold for more than 5 minutes.
i always prefer the floor (or tables, rails, ...) to chairs. preferred positions i switch through are ones others seem to use as stretching/yoga positions like this (without the hands on the toes thing.. just the position of the legs.) or this or this.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I'm a "lounger." I have the worst sitting posture ever.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do what's comfortable...which can look a little goofy at times. I try to maintain decent posture when I'm sitting at my work/home desk, but I inevitably wind up slouching with a leg hanging over something at a weird angle.

Sleeping in weird positions and on any surface is where my true skill lies.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Yeah, my favorite is like @JamieBond, with my foot tucked under my knee. I also like tucking one leg close to the chest (it's usually the left leg)...I even do this while driving, especially in the summers, when I can pick my shoes off in the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I sit like Jamie does.

I have a really strong compulsion to always want to sit normally in a chair, but basically with my right leg folded and my right foot under my left thigh/ass. No clue why the hell I do this.

I really have tried to break myself of it as I've come to appreciate the nature of body language and how much people take away from it. I tend to be more of a "sprawler" these days.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sleeping in weird positions and on any surface is where my true skill lies.
I do that too. Some people have seen it and related me to a toddler.
-Sitting Indian style with your face in the mattress.
-Sleeping like this:

-Any position I can put my feet significantly above my head.
-Sitting normally from waist down, then being bent forward onto the desk (or counter, table) with one arm tucked underneath my stomach and the other shoulder is buried into the table with the underneath part of my arm facing towards the sky.

I also used to be called unladylike because I sit with my knees spread open like a male. :laughing:

·
Registered
26 Posts
All through forth grade my teacher would call me out of sitting sideways in my chair, with my chin resting on the back. Now I tend to either sit on one leg or try to sit cross-legged, which is hysterical in the tiny chairs we have at school.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts