• I'd point and laugh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose you are on your way to work or school, when you see a man cussing out a child, then strike them repeatedly! What would you do?

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
Ugh, see, I would totally beat him up if I could, but I wouldn't be able to. I'd end up dead on the sidewalk. >.<

I'd probably stand there a couple seconds, convince myself I couldn't take him, and then call the cops and wait until they got there. I might say something, but it wouldn't be anything I'd have thought through. I'd just be like "What the fuck are you doing?!" and he'd say something back, and then I'd freeze because I hadn't thought that far ahead. I would do something, though, I'm pretty sure of that. I get really protective.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I would call the police, and stay close enough to keep a watchful eye until they arrived. I would also capture video on my phone for evidence.

I would only apprehend the man if I had a weapon that I could use in self-defense if he should try to strike me. If there happened to be other people in the area, I might get them to help take the guy down.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
In all honesty I'd more than likely mind my own business and keep walking provided that when you say the adult is "striking" the child, it is not a punch in the face, but more along the lines as a smack or any other typical means of corporal punishment. Because then I'd assume that the adult was their parent and would know that this is none of my business. I would just prefer that the person whom I am assuming is the parent punished the child somewhere else to not add public embarrassment and hope that the punishment had fair grounds.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
In all honesty I'd more than likely mind my own business and keep walking provided that when you say the adult is "striking" the child, it is not a punch in the face, but more along the lines as a smack or any other typical means of corporal punishment. Because then I'd assume that the adult was their parent and would know that this is none of my business. I would just prefer that the person whom I am assuming is the parent punished the child somewhere else to not add public embarrassment and hope that the punishment had fair grounds.
Oh, yeah, well I guess it's different if the kid was being bad and the parent's just spanking them a little. I imagined they were actually hurting the kid, though.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Oh, yeah, well I guess it's different if the kid was being bad and the parent's just spanking them a little. I imagined they were actually hurting the kid, though.
Yeah, the situation we were given was vague, so you could be left to your own assumptions as to who the adult and child are, how the adult is hitting the child, and why. At least... This is what I'm assuming the OP intended to do :laughing:

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
Yeah, the situation we were given was vague, so you could be left to your own assumptions as to who the adult and child are, how the adult is hitting the child, and why. At least... This is what I'm assuming the OP intended to do :laughing:
Maybe that was the real question. Maybe what you assume about the situation says more about you than what you would do about it. o_O Conspiracy.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Maybe that was the real question. Maybe what you assume about the situation says more about you than what you would do about it. o_O Conspiracy.
I love how the first assumption about the question that presumably is really about your assumptions is conspiracy XD
... However, I wouldn't put it past me. You could be onto something, raichu. Something big.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
I love how the first assumption about the question that presumably is really about your assumptions is conspiracy XD
... However, I wouldn't put it past me. You could be onto something, raichu. Something big.
I didn't even notice that. XD But yeah I'm probably gonna contact Obama. It's way too suspicious.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
I didn't even notice that. XD But yeah I'm probably gonna contact Obama. It's way too suspicious.
You're right, this is just far too suspicious. Okay, you do that while I do my job here up north and contact Stephen Harper. Him and Obama are like buds (or so it seems), so they can conspire against this mass conspiracy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd nonchalantly walk by but listen in to what the man is saying to the child, if he is reacting so agressivly i'd wager there's a slim chance the kids done something terrible aswell. Based on what I hear I would act accordingly, worst case scenerio I call the cops once im out of site.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I read the situation, I became angry and voted 'beat the crap out of the guy' impulsively.

Instantly, I regretted it soon after hahah. Because I'm not physically strong enough to leave any kind of damage or hold my own against someone LOL.

I guess with me, I'd be that person who would rush in impulsively, shielding the kid and get in my fighting stance --- only for all my confidence to drain away when he faces me, seething, ready to punch my face. Then I would apologise and leave the scene awkwardly.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts