Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Derived from "Eights are like Fours turned inside-out".

Six see the world through "moral"/"relationship" glasses, personnal feeling of repulsion or attraction, good and bad percieved behavior, friendship, closeness but arent in real contact with the permanent algorithmic-like/efficacity way of thinking One have. They lack way to properly create their own "rules", and adopt rules from other. Six often have some "important" goal they care about, they know what is "important" (this word rule the 6 life). Six is long term driven but fail at all short term task.

One see the world through efficacity, best action to take, organisation, management, good practice, productivity. What they lack is "psychological connection" to other, determination of good and bad behavior, ect. They lack their proper moral : while the 6 is stuck into ponderating his moral/emotionnal view and his relation to other, the 1 "take them from the outside", adopt them from exterior. One are far more short termer than 6, but lack a way to concentrate their energy onto some particular important things. They diffuse too much, want perfection in all instead some particular things. They are not in contact to what is important for them.

1 are generally amazed by the 6 ability to determine closeness or distance about relationship, and how they are in contact with their feeling of repulsion/attraction, and their concentration toward precise life objective. 6 are amazed by the "organizationnal power" of the 1 (in the same time ask themself "where does it lead"), and their soft, simple and unarticulated emotionnal side.

Contrary to the enneagram view (6 marry 9, point, suite), I think the best relationship for 6 are 1, if the six is not too much fucked (like myself). You will see many healthy 4 with healthy 8, like many healthy 1 with 6.

Discuss.

Reactions: white-knuckle

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I think this brings up some good points, but I am seeing more of almost opposed focuses between the two types. If each is the other turned out, then what's inside and what's outside for each type? If you can make an argument that something like the needs or fears of a 6 are internally within a 1 and vice versa, then I'll be more convinced. Perhaps you could say that each has a desire for- what, something like harmony? - and the six seeks it in the external with relationships while the one seeks it internally with their attempt to reconcile what is and their vision of what should be. I don't know, something like that.

Reactions: Steel Magnolia
1 - 4 of 4 Posts