Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a handful of "hits" I guess involving some assertive women. I'd say they fit the stereotypical ExTJ type 8.

I was at a block party a little in my own world on a balcony and this girl came out and started blabbering to me. It's cool, but I just played it nicely. She was HOT but I wasn't really feeling it. Anywho, she eventually tells me that she's been a real bitch to me for the past 10 minutes. I didn't interpret her pointed questions as being bitchy.

Theyre ok, and I've dated a few but every now and then I'll find one who is way too into me and I say no which pisses them off quite a bit (alpha girl not getting what she wants). Like this one above.

For some reason all of them in one way or another tell me they want to dominate me which is freaking weird. I always look at them and laugh which is always taken by them as an invite for a challenge. This one told me that and while I laughed I grabbed her hair and said, "don't test me". Hehe I know I know leading the sheep to slaughter.

So to conclude, "alpha" girls so to speak aren't scary, challenging, or domineering. They're just really dorky with their blunt honesty.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
To some extent, yes. I guess I am a bit of a challenge when I turn them down. Weirdest one yet was getting licked in the ear, as if that's supposed to turn me on. 0o

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
o_O no not really...not that I can tell. I'm kind of unapproachable thou and very guarded/distant with everyone I don't know...so meh.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I certainly hope so. I like dominant women, I'm not going to immediately bow down and do anything an assertive woman asks of me, but to me its more exciting to have a partner that will attempt to control the relationship as much as I do. And its nice to be approached because I've got zero balls for approaching women in social situations.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Um... not assertive, but outgoing women. I personally don't find assertiveness attractive at all really (I detest arrogance almost to the point of blindness to what's behind it, and this affects how I view other similar personality traits). Luckily, I more attract extraverts that are not domineering but simply high-energy and people-oriented. I'm fine with that, and it can be great, as long as they're okay with me being quieter. What I can't deal with is someone who wants to control me. I don't like controlling others and I don't like being controlled; I like having space to be myself, and I can share that space with another when I feel comfortable enough with them.

However, it is true that I do not approach people. I can be sociable if someone comes up to me, but I am too nervous to ever approach someone else.

Reactions: AbioticPrime

·
Registered
386 Posts
Females who are meek and don't stand up for themselves or others are not people I place a lot of faith in. On the other hand, being assertive isn't everything; there's the question of allowing the possibility of being wrong.

Please bear with me while I elaborate.

Having an assertive personality is much easier when one never sees any wrong in any of their actions. Provided that an aggressive/assertive female is capable of reviewing her actions from time to time, finding where she has wronged others, and takes responsibility, then this is an excellent combination, one which I really adore.

I suppose this is a sort of dichotomy, and it's an example of how people can't really be labeled with just one trait.

While being assertive requires the ability to take risk, it loses much value in my opinion when the repercussions of one's actions are disregarded. Without owning up for one's errors, being assertive isn't really much of an accomplishment.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Im imagining all you guys being clubbed over the head and dragged away to caves. Lol, it makes me laugh.
Not all that far from the truth the times it has happened. "Come and sit here" and I'm like "Naah, I'm not so s..." - "Come and sit, we're just going to talk". "Follow me to buy cigarettes (at like 1 am when nothing is open)" - "Can't you do it yourself?" And then comes the club. lol

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Not all that far from the truth the times it has happened. "Come and sit here" and I'm like "Naah, I'm not so s..." - "Come and sit, we're just going to talk". "Follow me to buy cigarettes (at like 1 am when nothing is open)" - "Can't you do it yourself?" And then comes the club. lol

You should ask them, "When did people stop asking other people to do things instead of telling them?", and then walk away. Well, you might want to run. I've heard its easier to club someone when they aren't looking.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
You should ask them, "When did people stop asking other people to do things instead of telling them?", and then walk away. Well, you might want to run. I've heard its easier to club someone when they aren't looking.
Because I knew she only wanted to get in my pants. wow, I really do sound like the woman of the two of us. I'm not a piece of meat!!! x'D

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Lol, this is hilarious. I can't believe this happens to you.
lol wow coming to think of it I often find myself having to cut out a lot of women because they make too many suggestive sexual advances, I try to ignore it but eventually they'll just write it out more and more. It's not fun having to do. But I never viewed it like this, it's funny yes. Men are sires and women are bitches, both dogs. :p

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
lol wow coming to think of it I often find myself having to cut out a lot of women because they make too many suggestive sexual advances, I try to ignore it but eventually they'll just write it out more and more. It's not fun having to do. But I never viewed it like this, it's funny yes. Men are sires and women are bitches, both dogs. :p
Maybe its because you ignore them? Have you ever heard of the principle of least interest? The person who displays the least amount of interest can usually make the other person lose their mind trying to gain your interest even if they initially didn't really care to have it. The longer you hold out on them, the more aggressive they'll get. If it was happening to me, I wouldn't find it attractive at all. When men hit on me really hard, its the most unattractive thing in the world. Actually, hitting on me period is unattractive. Why can't we just have a conversation where you slyly hint a being interested? I've read that overt sexual aggression does not work on 6w5s and will actually cause the opposite reaction. You should see men wondering why I walk the hell away from them when they try to talk to me. No, what works with other wimmenz will not work with me.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Maybe its because you ignore them? Have you ever heard of the principle of least interest? The person who displays the least amount of interest can usually make the other person lose their mind trying to gain your interest even if they initially didn't really care to have it. The longer you hold out on them, the more aggressive they'll get. If it was happening to me, I wouldn't find it attractive at all. When men hit on me really hard, its the most unattractive thing in the world. Actually, hitting on me period is unattractive. Why can't we just have a conversation where you slyly hint a being interested? I've read that overt sexual aggression does not work on 6w5s and will actually cause the opposite reaction. You should see men wondering why I walk the hell away from them when they try to talk to me. No, what works with other wimmenz will not work with me.
I think it's because I want to know about their personal problems, it's the only way I think I can connect with someone on a deeper level. So I think I give them ridiculously high attention in one regard and over all is a good listener, but then still like act introvert and partially ignore them (not talking for a few days or such). I'm a bit all or nothing a lot of the time in conversations, like deep emotional, or otherwise funny or enjoyable or not at all. 'Being nice' isn't really my thing.

I think you hit something there, I don't respond well to sexual aggression, unless I feel comfortable with that person. I also react by feeling that I want to shy away if someone makes open advances, very uncomfortable. I think we have similar preferences in romance over all. :p

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not that I know of. I do not if I let off some kind of stay the away from me hormones or I'm just unapproachable. My family/friends tell me that majority of the time, I have an angry looking face but thats just how it naturally is. I look unfriendly at the first glance.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
I think you hit something there, I don't respond well to sexual aggression, unless I feel comfortable with that person. I also react by feeling that I want to shy away if someone makes open advances, very uncomfortable. I think we have similar preferences in romance over all. :p
I've always found this odd. Im not anti sexual interest or anything, but Im very particular in how you go about it. Its like trying to charm a snake. You have to have the right tune.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've seen so many men complaining of being 'friend-zoned'...I'd complain of the opposite. I've always endeavored to treat all females with the same level of respect and support that I would have for a sister. Inevitably, women try and push a sexual agenda. It's an illogical reaction, in my opinion. I'm clearly not flirting or attempting to achieve sexual congress.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I've always found this odd. Im not anti sexual interest or anything, but Im very particular in how you go about it. Its like trying to charm a snake. You have to have the right tune.
I've seen so many men complaining of being 'friend-zoned'...I'd complain of the opposite. I've always endeavored to treat all females with the same level of respect and support that I would have for a sister. Inevitably, women try and push a sexual agenda. It's an illogical reaction, in my opinion. I'm clearly not flirting or attempting to achieve sexual congress.
Yes lol! And this is coming from someone that used to have a compulsive sexual behavior.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts