Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sixes Question A Lot, What Are Examples Of Things You’ve Questioned?

A big reason why I like 6s are there ability to think outside the box when it comes to questioning things. They seem to find inconsistencies in things and criticise systems and motives in a very interesting way which other types don’t seem to do to the same strong degree of the 6.

As the quintessential example of a skeptic, I want to know what you thought about today (or any other time) and questioned.

Please state your mbti type too, it’ll be interesting to see how questions differ per mbti type 6.

Reactions: Moo Rice

·
Registered
817 Posts
INFJ

Today?

Questioning why I will post something online and then spend the next 10 minutes periodically checking for a response, like I'm going to get one that fast. Similarly refreshing online forums/reddit/etc. Waste of time in a waste of time!

Getting confused on chemistry topics earlier in the day and asking a lot of "but wait, why does it work like that..." questions. In my opinion this is unrelated to enneagram and much more strongly correlates with tertiary Ti. And also the fact that my grade depended upon my understanding.

"Should I agree to go to this event on Saturday? On one hand I have a chunk of stuff to do, on the other hand, because I've been busy lately, I haven't really socialized more than once this whole week and it was in a very structured way which isn't a very ideal trend to perpetuate knowing how I get when I isolate myself too much. Also it sounds fun. I'll do it."

Questioning why I seem to be making a habit of eating dinner so late, then remembering that I did have dinner earlier but it was very small and early.

Not sure if this was the sort of questioning you were going for. There's other stuff that I didn't mention... it's the main feature of my mental running dialog to ask and answer questions to myself. Most of my thoughts go

1. Suggest idea
2. Appraise
3. Continue with more appraisals or branch out

"What do you think about that, Stellafera?"
"Probably X."
"Is that true?"
"Probably. Maybe. Not if you consider this other factor."
"Okay, so what's that other factor?"

·
Registered
49 Posts
ISFJ.

I have questioned my friendships, my spirituality, my religion, my politics, my ideals, who I admire, who I avoid, my path in life, how people see me, myself (sexuality, intelligence, etc.). I have questioned quite literally everything I could have a stance or opinion on. Even facts! I need a lot of evidence to believe in anything.

·
Banned
65 Posts
A big reason why I like 6s are there ability to think outside the box when it comes to questioning things. They seem to find inconsistencies in things and criticise systems and motives in a very interesting way which other types don’t seem to do to the same strong degree of the 6.

As the quintessential example of a skeptic, I want to know what you thought about today (or any other time) and questioned.

Please state your mbti type too, it’ll be interesting to see how questions differ per mbti type 6.
INTP - 6w5 - (tritype: 6-4-8) Sp/So

Lets seee....

1.My sanity.. personality types and what use all this is to me.
2.The value of democracy from arguments of Socrates to Plato, Aristotle and Hans Hemann Hoppe
3.Natural law and the transcendental argument for God as explained by Aristotle, Aquinas and Kant compared to liberal modernity and moral relativism as seen by Dawkins, Hawking, Hitchens. (so I guess my faith or lack of it and the value of objective morality)
4. Keynesian economics vs Distributism vs Austrian Economics vs Marxist planned economies and pragmatic application in modern day society.
5. The value of Marxism from a historical perspective compared to cultural Marxism today.
6. Over the years I have questioned quite a lot of friendships and why I even associate with some ppl.
7. My parents and their ability to navigate life as well as raise a family including my own prospects of doing that
8. Whether people are rational actors or irrational and which one fits human nature, concluded ppl are irrational, myself included.
9. The limits of free will considering modern day findings about determinism and the consequences of this on morality.
10. There seemed to be a lot of junk information regarding how one goes about actually building strength and muscle in a functional way, which I had to sort through in order to arrive at a factually true method of doing it myself. You won't believe the crap ppl try to sell just to make money off keeping you from getting results.
11. Can AI even become conscious or is it limited to what one programs it for and thus subject to the will of it's creator, making it a lifeless automaton incapable of authentic thought and emotion.
12. Modern day geopolitics and their impact on my life.
13. Race and IQ
14. The Jewish role in Marxism, Russia, the Bolshevik revolution as explained by Dostoevsky, Solzhenitsyn, the Jewish role in modern day media, Hollywood and comparisons to the state of Wiemar Germany, before the emergence of the third Reich.
15. The internet, its utility and effect in everyday life as well as the freedom of information, it's safety and what this means for people in an age where the internet is controlled by state funded corporations.
16. The difference between capitalism and corporatism.
17. I guess by now its obvious, but I question everything the media tells me.
18. The nature of beauty, aesthetics as Kant saw it and the deranged state of modern art & architecture.
19. Authoritarian and liberal societies, a comparison between the British isles and Sparta's need to constantly defend itself. Does being on a remote island foster the growth of classical liberal ideas , while being surrounded by enemies and hardship drive Spartan authoritarianism?
20. Catholicism, the seat of Peter, corruption of the church and Orthodox Christianity vs Lutheran and Calvinist Protestantism and the emergence of secular atheist liberal doctrine.
21. Decentralization and guerilla information-warfare in the age of an increasingly centralized internet.
...aaaand lots of other things, I have to stop or the list will get very long. Generally I bide my time with thinking and doing research on similar topics.

·
Registered
984 Posts
E6 is second in my tritype, and I question people's motivations and information a lot. I find myself jumping to a conclusion and saying "No, I don't believe you!" only to learn that I was in fact being told the truth.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Well we're only to mid-day today so that will make this easier... most of today's considerations...

- Did I wake up too early? Should I start my day now? Would it be better to go back to sleep?
(I decided to go back to sleep - good decision)

- Do I have enough blankets on?
(No - I added a blanket - also good decision)

- What archetype do I resonate most with?
(Jury out, somewhere between caregiver, artist, child, adventurer)

- Do I want this new tattoo?
(Well yes, maybe, I think, maybe not?)

- What do I do about my tentative friendship with a wife-of-a-friend who is friendly with me but who can be very pushy and who holds views I find deeply abhorrent? Do I try to be better friends and be more accepting of our differences? Do I try to apply more distance between us because I feel like her opinions are making a less safe and fair world, and she is generally upsetting to me?
(Doing nothing at the moment)

- Should I have done a birthday fundraiser on Facebook? It seems moral but also sort of public/unappealing?
(I think I'm ok with not having done it, probably will just make a donation on my own)

- Is 2w1 right in my tritype? Or was 2w3 right?
(I thought 2w3 for a long time. Yesterday I realized it is probably 2w1. I'm still ruminating over this.)

- Should I stay with my job because my boss is so awesome and it's pretty good on some days? Or do I leave because I don't really feel like it's serving a life purpose, and it can be very overwhelming and disappointing sometimes?
(Probably the latter, but I feel concern because I tend to be escapist, w7 and all)

- How do I do this particular retirement savings thing?
(Ugh)

- Will I really stick with playing a harp if I buy one?
(I didn't end up sticking with violin but harp seems more natural for me. I already play piano and I want to keep music in my life.)

- Should I get up and go be productive now?
(Yes bluuuugh)

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,842 Posts
Mbti: infp sp/so

If there is a god is he an evil being, why does anything exist? DOES anything exist? Am I evil? If so, in what ways, why and how do I stop being evil? Is having babies is unethical? Are we essentially farming ourselves? Is human reproductive selective pressure actually breeding out our good qualities such as compassion, patience, intelligence, etc? What happens when we die? Am I making a mistake by going to community college for baking, would i hate it as a career? Is there is no career path that I am am actually "meant" for? Is there no place in this world for me? Why did all my friends suddenly drop out of my life, was I intentionally "removed"? What did I do to deserve such treatment? How many things do I think I'm right about but actually wrong about? If everyone has people in their lives who talk shit about them but would never admit what was said, then what is other people's perception of me like? How many of my early childhood memories are distorted? What are the unspoken inner worlds of the people around me like? What is it like to physically and mentally be them? What does it mean to have sexual and romantic feelings towards people and is there some connection in the brain that they have and I don't? Will I ever be able to confirm my asexuality with 100% certainty? Is everyone actually fundamentally the same in a sense, despite our differences? Am I mentally healthy or unhealthy? How will I survive/cope when one of my really close family members die? Do parallel realities exist? If so what are parallell reality me's like and what are their worlds like? What about schrodingers cat and quantum suicide? Are some things impossible, is the world deterministic? In another reality was hitler a affable painter and bob ross an evil dictator? Do ghosts exist, and if so what are they and what is it like to be one? Will I be a ghost? Is mankind headed for a great collapse or calamity? Do animals suffer as badly as us, and is it wrong to eat them? Do they have self consciousness, what is it like to be a creature that has senses that we can't even imagine? What is it like to be an octopus, and have such a decentralized nervous system but still have the ability to solve problems? When did our ancient ancestors first gain sentience, and what was it like to have the first sentience? Is a utopia possible without becoming a dystopia? If humans can't do it, what about aliens or AI?

Reactions: Stellafera

·
Registered
INTP 5
787 Posts
INTP

-How functions (for example f(x) = sin(x) ) in mathematics work.
Solved it by becoming a math major.

-How any other fields except for math even function.

In that specific order

·
Registered
17 Posts
ENFJ, Type 6w7.

A lot of what I have questioned revolves around the security or certainty of everything. This could range over a wide variety of topics be it academic, purposes of things, laws and regulations, societal norms, philosophies, world views, and interpersonal relationships. This is especially prone to happen to me whenever I dive into new experiences. I always need back-up plans for everything, as I am super security-oriented.

I guess the biggest emphasis for me is on the, "why," rather than the, "how."

Although useful, it can be especially burdensome when it comes to grasping concrete concepts and it tends to lead to high levels of anxiety.

·
Registered
725 Posts
INFP^^

Just today, definitely my sanity. Jk. but it's hard to actually pick out when I'm questioning something until I share my thoughts with someone and they're like "wtf... are u ok man"

But today, I'm going to a concert w/ my best friend. throughout the day so far, I not only cancelled/reinstated the plans (in my mind, like wavering back and forth if it's right to go or not, then actually almost cancelling them w/ her before again saying I wanna go), but I questioned over and over whether or not she actually wants to go, and how I should figure out if she does/doesn't.
Then, I questioned if it's worth the money, or if I should just stay home. What if I need that money soon and I wasted it just to have fun? What if I don't have fun and it was a waste? What if my friend doesn't actually want to go, and I'm "forcing" her to unknowingly? So stupid, it should be simple: Did my friend literally invite me to go to begin with ? Yes. do I want to go? Yes. do I have the money to go? Yes. Ok. Go. LOL. I still have a few hours to go... so I wouldn't be surprised if I start questioning again

It's a pretty simple, shallower example of type 6 questioning, but I'm endlessly fascinated by my natural ability to over-complicate the most basic things
And even more fascinated by the fact that it's not even really distressing to me... it's like "how else would a person possibly think?" it happens so quickly I don't even realize I do it until I come across things like this. but of course then I question the possibilities there, like there are so many ways a person can think. not everyone thinks the same, duh. then I try to put myself into the shoes of another enneatype to figure it out. and maybe their IV would make them do this. and their mbti would interact w/ it all THIS way and and and........soooooooo on

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. I just read through the last three months of text conversations with a friend to make sure we were on good terms and that she didn't secretly hate me the last year.
2. Does true love exist? Why go through painful hopefulness if it's just going to fail?
3. (in a question panel at a school this morning) Who here really wants the best for their child?
4. Should I ask this person for advice?
5. (This one is daily, and a personal favorite) Do I really have anxiety or am I just exaggerating my emotions so that people will take me seriously, but maybe I don't notice it all the time because it's become white noise in my brain?

That's what I remember, but I'm sure there was a lot that I wouldn't even consider to be "questioning"

1,417 Posts
Supposedly I'm an ENTP, think it fits, but I keep getting different types on various tests lately so who knows? I saw someone comment on a thread that they wanted to break a person psychologically (I don't want to go into all the details because it's too much effort, and I may end up interpreting it wrong) , and destroy all their illusions about who they are, and their perceptions of how the world works...

I couldn't help but chuckle, because that only works on people who haven't already been destroyed, in a sense....

I realize I shouldn't be sharing this because I'm giving my enemies yet more ammunition, but they can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned...

"He who is without sin, cast the first stone" Motherfuckers...

Now that that's off my chest, I've had my faults thrown in my face from an early age, from a strict Father to unforgiving classmates to various friends and acquaintances, people LOVE to point my various faults out to me repeatedly, without mercy...

What it's taken me some time to realize is that most of them are guilty of the same things I am. Not to mention a fair portion are far worse in some areas then I'll ever be. And some things which are regarded as faults aren't really faults at all...

Another thing they don't realize is because they have excluded me from their social circles most of my life, I have made observations about human behavior that they wouldn't like, because it destroys their illusions about who THEY are, illusions they will do anything to protect...

Most people refuse to face the whole truth about themselves, and will run screaming in the other direction...However I was never given that choice...You all have been holding a mirror up to me as long as I can remember, and showed absolutely no pity while doing so...

So when I return the favor, most of you can't handle it...I have had a few men who thought of themselves as quite unflappable flinch under my observations...

I have faced some harsh truths about myself and the world that most of you could not face, and most likely would turn to narcotics to escape from...

So go ahead and tell me how you'd destroy me, but God help you if I ever return the favor because if I did you'd probably go insane...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts