Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends is ISFJ and her Introverted Sensing is very high; well, on paper anyway. She asked me if this contributed to her "sixth sense" which she feels she's always had. I wasn't sure how to answer her apart from trying to explain about Sensing being how information is taking in etc and that I would have to have think about it. I'm not sure if Functions have any bearing on that sort of thing. Unless Sensors have some sort of heightened awareness? Maybe it's how it acts with the Extraverted Feeling or even how all the Functions work together? I'm supposedly Intuitive and on a few occasions I've had a strong hunch that something will happen before it does but I'm not sensitive in the psychic sense. INFJs are supposedly psychic. My mum is one and has seen a ghost in our old house. Near where she lives now is a castle and every time she used to drive past a few years ago she would feel uneasy. A year or so later she found out that a very bloody battle took place there. So is it not so much the Sensing as the Feeling function that does this? Are Feelers more in tune with things? I believe everyone is capable of this, just some more than others.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My daughter does something rather interesting and she tests as an ENFP. I can be anywhere in the house doing whatever. If I so much as just think something about her or if I think to myself 'I need to ask her something". Within a few seconds after the thought she will come locate me and ask if I had said something or called for her. I never really said anything, but I did think it. Its not every single thought, its usually just random but does happen several times a week.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daughter does something rather interesting and she tests as an ENFP. I can be anywhere in the house doing whatever. If I so much as just think something about her or if I think to myself 'I need to ask her something". Within a few seconds after the thought she will come locate me and ask if I had said something or called for her. I never really said anything, but I did think it. Its not every single thought, its usually just random but does happen several times a week.
It is generally accepted that there is a kind of psychic bond between close family members, partners and close friends.

·
Banned
269 Posts
For sensors (roughly speaking), ESP is defined/experienced as grasping that occasional intuitive revelation.

While for intituives (again..), ESP is defined/experienced as engaging in that moment of experiencing their senses in clarity.

For both cases, neither are likely to be aware of their 'parts' they experience least.

It doesn't seem ESP would be type specific.

On a few occasions anyhow, I've had my ENTJ sister and ENTP cousin have very strong gut feelings in which we were both connected in this air of unconscious awareness where we were both able to acknowledge this...

I've never experienced this with Sensors, generally speaking.

Just a guess.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
ISFJs, like INFJs, often get the impression that they're having sixth sense tinglies. However, their tinglies prove to be accurate a great deal less of the time (generally & anecdotally speaking, anyway). Don't know what causes the phenomenon, just that it's there.

I should probably come back to this thread later when I can flesh out my response properly. Good night, people.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Now this is odd.
You see, I know two people who have the ability to just know stuff (Im reticent of using the ESP term) and they both tested as ISFJ. I originaly thought it was a mistake, considering that they are both very intuitive people but hate to talk about it, and they made me think of INFJ's more than any other type because of it. But now it seems that it is more generalised. Fascinating.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I believe in psychic abilities, synchronicities, and deep connections between all things. I myself am no more psychic than average, though, and haven't had many precognitive experiences. I am an INFJ.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm INFJ. I suppose I do sometimes know things without knowing how I know them, but I don't think it's ever anything useful. I mean, I didn't know Japan was going to get slammed and I can't tell you what tomorrow's lotto numbers will be.

But

I worked as a CNA on a Hospice ward for a few years (in my long-lost youth). The first thing grieving family members ask is "How long..." and the first thing they teach you in training is NEVER answer this question. Because, they said, it's impossible to tell. Really, impossible. A person who looks like they could linger a good long while can be gone within minutes, and some people hang on long past the point of medical absurdity. They go when they're good and ready.

But I could tell, seriously. I always knew how long, always. I can't look at a healthy person walking down the street and make a prediction, but in that place where death was close and inevitable, I could always tell.

I never told anyone and I never answered that question for anyone - because what if I was wrong once? In the end I was never wrong, but you can't mess with people's heads like that, ya know? The only time I ever broke that rule was when my grandmother died.

She'd had several mini strokes and finally a big one. In the end she came into a hospice ward (but not the one I worked on). My mother phoned me while I was on shift one night. Apparently the hospice nurse told her and all of the family to come in because they thought my grandmother was close to dying. So I went - but as soon as I walked in the door I knew she wasn't going anywhere. I knew if I was wrong they would understand and forgive me - so I told them she had about two weeks left, and sent them home. Two weeks later, on her birthday, she died.

I think I'd rather know the lotto numbers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think I either use Si or Ni, and I consider myself perceptive and able to predict things or read what isn't overtly there. There was one person I knew that I felt like I could communicate telepathically with, and I get vibes about things in general and plan accordingly. I also get these sensations of walking through spiderwebs that I've read can mean being an empath or medium. One time I was talking about the possibility of werecats because I've always felt like I'm connected to cats. I asked my dad when the next full moon was, not knowing that it was that very day and that it was also Friday the 13th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts