Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is that I find myself hard pressed to find an SJ that doesn't like to watch the news. I've found that most SJ people that I know love to watch the news and love to get all into politics as well.

Reactions: Achi and niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Why is that I find myself hard pressed to find an SJ that doesn't like to watch the news. I've found that most SJ people that I know love to watch the news and love to get all into politics as well.
I think you may find that behavior to be closely tied to the generational gap (much like the use of wrist watches). It was what you did when I was growing up.

I'm not a news watcher, although I do follow the news. I tend to get the news from internet sources.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
My dad(ISTJ) doesn't really watch the news either. But I think that he does get the news online. And I can tell that he keeps up with the political news as he has opinions on almost every political issue. He really surprises us sometimes...
I'm actually only assuming that he gets the news online, otherwise, some mystical being implants knowledge into his head. Hellz yeah!!

Reactions: niss

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I like to read global news and stay update on what's going on in this world.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I don't like watching the news... Many SJs that I know feel the same.

I think you'll find your SJ stereotypes are rarely accurate and never of any value.

·
Registered
139 Posts
One of my ISTJ friends is a newsaholic, and my ESTJ father is. However, I personally don't keep up with it as much. I'm not uninterested in it, but I usually end up focusing on other things. I like discussing current events and reading some articles online but to just sit and watch the news or read a newspaper cover to cover...no thanks. Like Niss said, this could be a generation gap issue as well. I am least interested in politics and anything to do with the stock market. I think news just makes me anxious; they work so hard to make us feel every second of our lives is in danger and can do a lot more harm than good with many groups of people. Eh, to each his own.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used to be completely obsessed with the news, especially during election years. I would make sure to know everything about everything so I could debate with my old roommates. It became too stressful and now I try to avoid it as much as I can. Not to say that I'm not tempted to read everything about everything, I just have to avoid it or I won't get anything done!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah...but Wikinews is the way to go. Other than the occasional look there every few months, not much news following. Unless reading the paper while eating a poptart in the morning counts.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The news is depressing. I'm more inclined to watch, read or listen to it when I'm staying with a friend who's got a more positive, cheeful family than my own. Generally though I don't purposefully try to access it.

I know my mum (ISFJ) feels similarly, but she keeps up to date with it, particularly the more local stuff. My dad (ISTJ) is probably less sensitive. He's certainly clued up on things - more to do with his job than the news though. But he's rather skeptical (6w5) about everything.

The news and events and issues tend to get discussed when we're at family dinners.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts