Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
So, I'm an ISFJ, and I grew up with INTP dad and INFJ mom. Are there more SJ's who have N parents? What do you remember of it? Were there a lot of difficulties between you and your parents?
I am an ISTJ that was raised by a single mother who is an INFJ. My father, who had no part in raising me at all, is an INTP. My mother and I are very close; the last time I saw or spoke to my father at all was over 15 years ago. I remember when I was kid, on one of the rare weekends he actually showed up, he and I were playing chess and the outcome was certain so he knocked the chess board of the table and stormed out of the room as though he were the child: it was quite pathetic.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
My dad is an ENFP. Even though it might ve hard communicating with him some times, I'm very glad he is the type he is. He'a an opposite of me, even though he's very similar. We can usually understand eachother very well, even though we have different approaches and ways. All in all, it's great, he has helped me develop (unknowingly, sure, but still) my Ne, and in particular my Fi.

Reactions: Noctis

·
Registered
29 Posts
My mom's an ENFJ and I think my dad is an ENFP (But he might be ESFP).

My mom thinks I'm weird, and tries to diagnose me with mental disorders. I don't think it's related to type though. Idk what my dad thinks of me.

The only annoying thing is that my parents always hint at things and get mad when I don't do what they're hinting at.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not certain if I should be posting on this thread as it could lead to discrimination against types, but I will say that I speculate my parents to be an INTJ and ENTP respectively, or at least people who have learned how to act like those types. If that's the case, it makes me curious as to how they could learn and sustain those characteristics. The one I'm least certain of is my mom, since she behaves similarly to me in a lot of ways (I'm an ISTJ.)

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
One of my parents is an intuitive (INTP) and the other is a guardian (ESFJ). They've been married for... I think almost 25 years, which I love them for. They both work pretty hard to make the other person feel loved. And they're pretty good parents too.

I've always bugged my mom with my neuroticism; I'm pretty anxious a lot of the time and there's only so much she can do... we get along better as I learn to manage this.

My dad is a true INTP; very easygoing, very smart. We get along great, most of the time. I admire him pretty highly in a lot of ways, although he's changed a little bit in the last few years. I'm sure I would be a different person if he were not in my life; definitely less self aware, and less open-minded. ... I'm really grateful he's in my life.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Brother is an ISTJ and we have an ENTP dad. Their relationship can be summed up like this:

ENTP dad: "I'VE GOT A GREAT IDEA! WE SHOULD DO THIS [insert random and risky idea]."
ISTJ brother: "No."

:laughing:

·
Registered
76 Posts
ISTJ with ENFP mother here. She's acts more like a little sister than like my mom, 'nuff said :laughing:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have an INTJ-assertive father and INFJ-turbulent mother. I get along with my mother much much more. I'm still trying to let go of the grudges that I've held against my father since I was a child. I view him as a sociopath. So yeah, definitely issues. I grew up thinking that emotional turmoil was a normal daily occurrence that all people dealt with because I'm normal, right? I moved out as soon as I could. Once I finished highschool, I was 17, I would only visit my parents on Christmas/Thanksgiving. Now that I'm 17 and I have my own family, I try to have them(especially my mother) involved in the lives of my children but I would never leave my dad to watch them. It's been hard and it's still hard because I remember the past. My dad has changed, he's much healthier now than he was- however, at his core, he is still the same person. If I could help it- I would never give him the opportunity to effect or influence me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts