Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SJs Greatest Personality Grudge Matches

So I've been seeing a lot of times that MB personality types can end up butting heads with the other types just for being who they are. Like for example, ESFPs can clash with ESTJs because they like their freedom like with not being bound by rules and regulations. Especially nasty are the grudge matches between NTs and SJs as well as SPs and SJs. They can end up fighting like cats and dogs!

Therefore I'm conducting an experiment, if you will, on just what MB personality types really get under your skin, making you want to kill those individuals due to a major discrepancy/discrepancies that you SJs may have with such types. So SJs, what types piss you off the most and why? Btw, I didn't make this thread a poll since I have plans to make one big Personality Grudge Match thread after collecting data from all 4 MBTI types on this subject.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
It's changed over the years. Early on, I was operating out of my very polarized ISTJness and I tended to feel more comfortable in long term relationships with people that were more introverted, or extroverts that were more subdued. As I've become older, there is a bit more understanding in my view of the world and I am more tolerant of differences in people. I now find that I can enjoy the company of almost anyone, regardless of their personality type. I think this has been influenced because I've been forced to interact with people of all types (regardless of how I feel about them) due to my business situation and my volunteer work.

However, my mood does play an important part in how well I tolerate others. I really still like being alone when I'm feeling drained, although I can tolerate anyone if they are quiet, and feel comfortable reading or something similar.

What I don't like to tolerate are people that have certain traits:

• If you talk endlessly and don't really get anything said.
  • If you answer a question that I didn't ask, and fail to answer the question I did ask.
  • Thinking out loud can be irritating.
  • If you will defend a defenseless argument (Those that do this know that they do it and will admit it)
  • If you are prone to unhealthy behaviors (such as refusing to accept responsiibilty for the results of your decisions)
  • If you can't remember what you said, but instead try to re-write history so that it reflects how you would like it to appear.
  • Pretense of all sorts.
I guess I appreciate someone that understands themselves and their motivations and tries to act out of correct motivations rather than being self-serving in their actions and speech. I also appreciate deep thinkers--but not dogmatic deep thinkers.

I know I didn't answer your question directly...Sorry. I just find that I can relate to all people (except the stupid ones :tongue:)
That's from another thread, a while back. Generally, I've found that ENTJ females and ENTP males can be more difficult for me to relate to, especially if young and immature. Those that are older and have matured to a point where they're more relaxed about life in general, have posed no real issues and I've not clashed with them. And to be fair, as a younger immature ISTJ, I'm sure I rubbed a good many people the wrong way in my desire to 'set the world right.'

HTH:happy:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I am an INTP, and I will say that the hardest for me to communicate with are S in general - to be more specific, ISFP, and ISTJ; though there have been some exceptions. I probably get along with SJ easier than ISFP, in general. There is such an awful communication breakdown between myself, and ISFP.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Can't really say I have more of a grudge toward certain MBTI types or temperaments. =/ Never the less I will ramble on because I like those few SJ topics:tongue:

Generally people who are very different from me annoys me. Let's say they are hypersensitive or very social. I start off judging them critically, their behaviour and decisions and goes thinking "they are so stupid doing X, sometimes because of Y". = Indeed, they are this sort of person, they are very annoying.
But what it really reflects is my inability to accept the very qualities I lack > anger/rejection. It's hard to connect to someone you have little in common with.

Even worse are those similar to myself, when I recognize obnoxious qualities in others that mirror my own shortcomings. When someone like you go do something wrong. :angry:!!

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
. I've had the most trouble with NTJs as far as I can tell. Some of the NTJs I have met can be hypercritical and condescending. They try to pass it off as "I'm just telling the truth." But I don't see how some of them can think of people in such a condescending matter (simetimes their criticisms are inaccurate or way to extreme). (I think as an ISTJ if I find fault with something, it's that they just made a mistake, not a problem with the other person lacking talent or ability.) Also, it bothers me how some of them don't seem to pick up facts very well and jump to conclusions. These conclusions can be fairly hard to shake because they are so confident in themselves and their abilities. They put the blame on the other party.

Maybe I have only met unhealthy NTJs though. I can't assume all of them behave like this. I haven't had similar problems with NTPs. I don't know many SPs.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I don't have problem with people from different types as long as they are mature.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I butt heads with INFJs for some reason. Well, I've noticed I'm fine with younger INFJs, but something about INFJs that are 40+ years old I clash with.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Seem to have a hard time with ESTJs cause we clash Te's and Our Te's are based on different percerptions (Ni vs Si).:confused:

In simple words, we want things go our own different ways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts