Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In particular, they shouldn't be involved in medical fields that involve a lot of variables, such as endocrinology. They look at blood test results and think that they represent the whole truth. They can't read in between the lines and associate the results with how the patient claims to feel.
This isn't entirely due to individual incompetence, of course. This is how medical universities teach students to behave. After all, true competence would manifest if the students were to question what schools teach them, rather than memorize facts and procedures, but if that happened, then many lies of the industry would come to light.
Sensors could make better surgeons because surgery involves memorizing and working with real, concrete variables, so I think that's what they should opt for if they are interested in the medical field. But most other fields are more abstract and best left to intuitives.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,333 Posts
In particular, they shouldn't be involved in medical fields that involve a lot of variables, such as endocrinology. They look at blood test results and think that they represent the whole truth. They can't read in between the lines and associate the results with how the patient claims to feel.
This isn't entirely due to individual incompetence, of course. This is how medical universities teach students to behave. After all, true competence would manifest if the students were to question what schools teach them, rather than memorize facts and procedures, but if that happened, then many lies of the industry would come to light.
Sensors could make better surgeons because surgery involves memorizing and working with real, concrete variables, so I think that's what they should opt for if they are interested in the medical field. But most other fields are more abstract and best left to intuitives.
I think perhaps this is a hasty generalization about cognitive functions in general.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts