Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most (if not all) NTs will answer intelligence. What about you guys? Do you find intelligent as a turn on?

Personally, I don't find intelligence as the important factor that can turn me on. I dated some intelligent guys before, and they were pretty disappointing. I'd say they have the IQ, but they don't have the EQ nor SQ.

What I find attractive and a huge turn on for me is a man with kind heart. I don't care how stupid he is, but as long as he has a good manner, patience, humility and decency, I'll stick with him.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Most (if not all) NTs will answer intelligence. What about you guys? Do you find intelligent as a turn on?
Yes. The guys I'm attracted to have to be intelligent but they also have to be warm and kind. Cold, humourless intelligence is a turn off but someone who can't hold a decent, thought-provoking conversation is too. Luckily I have a husband who fits both criteria :wink:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Oh my... They have to be more intelligent than me and I have to be able to respect what they do, how they treat others, how they take care of themselves, and how into me they are.

I can't deal with idiots, bad manners, rudeness, cheapness, bad eating habits, irresponsiblity, hateful people, lack of ambition... These qualities will have them automatically disquified from my favors.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Interesting physical features and vibe - Megan Fox would be a turn off in any world for me, not that conventional beauty is something I always dislike, I just need something...special to bring it all together and be pulled to them. I find this with depressed people sometimes - a guy walking into a meditation class I was at and I was instantly attracted to him - I felt something in him that sort of glued my attention to him, and later it turned out he was depressed.

I guess something about them has to move me, whether I find them a tad abrasive and deeply infuriating, or they're pushy in a way, or I can emote for them or am endeared or charmed by them and so forth.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Like WickedQueen, I don't find intelligent as in IQ score a turn on. When I watch Jeapordy there are categories the contestants know all the answers to and I don't know any. There are also categories where the contestants don't know any of the answers and I know them all. I also find some of the people held up as examples of the highest IQ say some of the most unintelligent things.

1. What turns me on is the capacity to understand. If we talk with each other, and then individually and independently talk to a third person, the third person hears two different people at two different times say the same thing. There's no guessing or assuming or a blank to fill in. The whole two persons, one mind.

2. What turns me on is service. You tell me what you want me to do and I'll tell you what I want you to do. And then we each do for the other person what they want done. Two persons, one body.

3. What turns me on is completeness. Individually we have strengths and weaknesses. Opposites attract, not the same. Like two puzzle pieces that fit together we eliminate individual weakness and share our strenghts. Two persons, one soul.

So we know each other, we serve each other, and we are each other.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I suppose I am turned on by similarities. I am an ISTJ male and hold very high standards of myself. I always make sure to get all of my work done as best as I can, having said that, because I do this I have rarely time for people. This usually works for me because I am perfectly content doing things alone but I crave other people interaction. At the bare minimum I like someone because I can expel all my emotions out that are stuck inside myself :p. But, anyone won't do for me. It's nice if I can talk to someone, but just someone won't do. I have high standards, and if you fail the most obvious ones (wild, uncultured, uncontrollable, not polite, vulgar, etc) you are clearly not even chosen. However, I recently met an INFP and I feel SO energized after talking with her, always. It's like the best of both worlds; I can see someone AND feel better after I do. It's such a great feeling :)

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Physical attractiveness and confidence. Definitely not to the point of arrogance, but a sense that the person is at ease with themselves. But I'll be honest and say that attractiveness is what will draw me in first.

Though for some reason I always end up with the socially awkward girls... I need to fix that.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I really enjoy trivia and geekiness. Also they must be mildly attractive. Too attractive and they'll know it and flaunt their stuff and that's just a massive turn off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Beyond being attractive physically. Let's see, confidence? But not arrogance. Arrogance is a major turn off. I'd describe confidence as being comfortable in your skin and easy-going and arrogance as boasting and feeling superior to people. Also, someone that'll challenge me. Not in the manner of being cruel, but teasing in a way almost. Especially if its in something I feel comfortable holding my own or am skilled in. Competitive turn on, I guess?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I find it appealing when someone is very knowledgeable. Not necessarily know-it-all types, but someone who is an expert in a particular field.
Same goes for me. Especially in subjects like World History, anthropology and music and pop culture.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I find mature men or men who are older than me a kind of turn on for myself ,not because of age, I feel that they are more experienced ,more down to earth,chivalrous and have more sense of responsibility, then the young crop of modern generation .Men who don,t shy at helping a old lady or disabled people . Who know how to make intelligent conversation with you with hidden mischief in them that makes you blush but doesn,t offend you. Who are open minded and ready to embrace all colors of life as challenge and learning experience .Men who are honest from heart, courageous and hardworking in deeds .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Intelligence is really important to me. If I can't have an intelligent conversation with a guy I'm dating it's not gonna work out. It's not the only factor but it's a big one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is some quality of the personality that is not intelligence or empathy. That is what I like, in addition to a pretty face.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts