Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you goto sleep easily...anywhere?
Do you get sleepy easily or can you stay awake for days?

I ask because, I'm wondering if this is actually a personality trait...I think it is...but of course I'm hypothesizing.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I can push the 48 mark if I desired, as I approach the 24h mark, let alone 36h mark I already notice my brain vaporizing though.

I can sleep easily regardless of circumstances, like a rock. I don't ever dream though, it's 6 - x hours of blackness until I wake up.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I sleep like a rock too. I do need my sleep.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i dont dream also at all, very rarely i remember it in the morning.

Most of the time, i can fall asleep quite easily if i aint got anything on my mind. But never at someone randoms place.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fall asleep easily myself, and I'm out cold. I can stay up for long periods of time, but generally, I'm done around 18 hours.

And I never dream either...just wondering if this was similar amongst my personality brethren. And it seems so.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Dreams, as far as I know, are usually connected to an emotional uproar or unsettled emotional life, meaning people with a heavy thinking preference or an underdeveloped feeling preferences are a lot more prone to dreaming intensely because their emotional life is usually settled or simply unknown :tongue:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I sleep heavy and I sleep often. I can't fall asleep at a moments notice like I used to, but if I decide I want to sleep I can get myself to sleep almost any time night or day. I can't stay awake for long periods of time, though that's more due to the fact that I'll get really unstable if I try, not so much that I fall asleep without meaning too. Sleep is good. I love sleep.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
bah I read the title as "sleep with the ISTP" ... my mind just seems to be in a wrong place >.>

*refocuses*

ok, the ISTP I knew in college used to fall asleep rather easily
I remember we were traveling on a train together and he said that he is going to take a nap and then it was just like a few minutes and he was asleep - I was a bit astounded because I've never seen anyone fall asleep so quickly and in somewhat noisy environment at that

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I sleep a lot and I dream an enormous lot. If I sleep up to 8 hours, I will probably die of lack of sleep (but somehow, after I get my splash of cold water in the face, I'm good to go until the night, without coffeine or other substances needed), around 10 or 11 is my magic number. And my dreams are phenomenal, I almost never get a bad dream but they're always so sci-fi it's so much fun to be there!

Dreams, as far as I know, are usually connected to an emotional uproar or unsettled emotional life, meaning people with a heavy thinking preference or an underdeveloped feeling preferences are a lot more prone to dreaming intensely because their emotional life is usually settled or simply unknown :tongue:
That would explain a lot in my case! Only in my dreams it is shown, how much imagination I actually have but don't know how to express it in real life.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have no problem staying awake for more than 24-48 hours. The longest I've pushed was 63. Having said that, I don't "enjoy" doing it. I highly value my sleep.

As far as sleeping anywhere, I can't. If too much is going on, it's hard for me to just, "zone out." I stay locked on noises and scents when I close my eyes and I can't stand to be unaware of what's surrounding me. My mom actually told me just two days ago, "You never did sleep anywhere but your bed, as a child. We could take you to the most draining environment and you'd still refuse to sleep until you got home."

If I'm at home, in bed, I'm usually out pretty quick. I'm an extremely light sleeper, though(with the exception of the past few nights or nights that I'm really drained). The slightest of noises often wake me. I remember people trying to pull pranks on me, in middle school when I was sleeping. I'd always wake up by the time they either entered the room or were within 15 feet of me. They never were successful, lol. This happens even when I'm in REM sleep. I can't recall how many times I've been totally out, dreaming and someone will open a door, in the house or walk by my room and I'll immediately wake up.

I also dream, not as much as I did when I was younger, but I'd say I dream at least 2-3 nights out of the week.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm a lot like xReborn - I can't fall asleep if there's too much going on around me (on airplanes, trains, in other peoples' homes while they're still up, etc). Even if I'm completely exhausted. I can also go a very long time without sleep - my record is 96 hours, but that's because I was on a train from Cali to NC, and I didn't have a private room, so... no sleep. I tried to sleep, it just wouldn't happen.

I have a hard time falling asleep unless I'm mentally exhausted or a little drunk. Otherwise, I can lay in bed for hours waiting for my brain to shut the hell up.

I feel best if I get 7-8 hours of sleep; more than that and I'm a zombie the rest of the day. I usually only get about 4-6 hours a night, though, because of insomnia and waking up way too early.

I don't usually remember my dreams, but I've remembered all of them over the past month. But it is definitely a time of emotional upheaval for me, so that makes sense.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
And my dreams are phenomenal, I almost never get a bad dream but they're always so sci-fi it's so much fun to be there!
Me too! My dreams are so surreal and convoluted.

I feel best if I get 7-8 hours of sleep; more than that and I'm a zombie the rest of the day. I usually only get about 4-6 hours a night, though, because of insomnia and waking up way too early.
Same. More often than not Zombie Madhatter will prowl the day, because she did not feed on enough brains during the night.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I need sleep.

9-10 hours is good but that gives me lots of vivid dreams. I don't tend to remember my dreams when I get less than 8 hours which is often.
I get to sleep relatively easily and I tend to die if I stay up for days.
Once I only got 2 hours sleep - after being up maybe 20 hours? - that day I was almost not alive.

Oh yeah, I never drink coffee. Maybe that would keep me up:)

But I can't just go to sleep in public. I'd prefer to be in my own room without things going on which makes me wonder what they are. If I feel like something is going to happen I feel too vigiliant to sleep.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm a horrible insomniac. Super light sleeper. Can't sleep if I'm around people unless I'm REAALLY tired, which doesn't happen often.
I sleep with a fan on at all times. If the fan goes out, I'm immediately up. When I was younger, people would try to turn it off to conserve electricity, and surely I would wake and get angry.
Vibrating phones wake me up. Once I'm up, it's hard for me to sleep again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love my sleep and fall asleep easily ...(if I'm comfortable and its quiet) I really dislike being woken up by the phone, knock at the door, etc
Also if I have a task to do, if time allows, I will take a nap beforehand so I can feel at my sharpest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Usually I can fall asleep anywhere anytime but lately I've been having hellish bouts of insomnia, but I also have been going through a lot of unnecessary stress in my life.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Alot of times Ive stayed up for like two days without sleep (seriously).
Cause there are some times when I don't wanna sleep and I just wanna be awake.
But.
Most of the time Im asleep, like today I slept in all my classes
and most of the time at my house.
:mellow:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I'm a lot like xReborn - I can't fall asleep if there's too much going on around me (on airplanes, trains, in other peoples' homes while they're still up, etc). Even if I'm completely exhausted. I can also go a very long time without sleep - my record is 96 hours, but that's because I was on a train from Cali to NC, and I didn't have a private room, so... no sleep. I tried to sleep, it just wouldn't happen.

I have a hard time falling asleep unless I'm mentally exhausted or a little drunk. Otherwise, I can lay in bed for hours waiting for my brain to shut the hell up.

I don't usually remember my dreams, but I've remembered all of them over the past month. But it is definitely a time of emotional upheaval for me, so that makes sense.
same exact way I am

edit: totally forgot to add that if I get tired enough I enter this state of mental hyperness for a few hours, then I completely crash to the point of severe migraines. So yeah, Staying up too long can be a pain in the long run for me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts