Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love sleeping. If I can choose between sleep or doing almost anything, I choose sleep.

Unfortunately, I'm also an early riser. I can't usually sleep more than 8 hours. And when I'm awake, I'm awake.

You guys?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
erg, sleep, the necessary break in the things that I want to do. it's like school, but at least the dreams are fun.

I'd much rather stay up all night, which I tend to do on an abnormally regular basis. Why sleep?! There's things to do!!

Like post things on the internet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sleeping is one of my favourite things to do.

My fondness of naps does interfere with my plans sometimes, but if it weren't napping it would be something else, so I'm not too fussed.

I fucking love dreaming. I've had lucid dreams a couple of times before and I have been trying to get in the habit of improving my dream recall, but whenever I wake up I tend to savour the extreme comfort I feel between waking briefly and falling back to sleep rather than actively work on remembering my dreams.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I absolutely hate sleep. Maybe it's because I rarely remember dreams, but sleep is just an empty waste of time for me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
If I could never sleep, I'd be a very happy man. If if I'm not up for more than 18 hours, then I'm probably dead. Sleep is for sucker, a waste of time for exciting activities!!!!

Reactions: Sandbox

·
Registered
71 Posts
Step 1 - Stay up really late, convincing yourself that you'll be fine the next day.
Step 2 - Wake up the next day hating yourself for staying up. (Promise yourself that you won't do it again).
Step 3 - Have you reached an extreme level of chronic sleep deprivation? If yes, continue to Step 4. If not, repeat steps 1-3.
Step 4 - Sleep 10+ hours for a night or two until the feeling of chronic sleep deprivation subsides.
Step 5 - Repeat Steps 1-3

Note: Activities to occupy time during Step 1 include, but are not limited to; browsing the internet, starting time consuming construction/repair projects, late-night runs/exercise, powering through the last few hundred pages in a really good book, watching movies, etc.
Note 2: A liberal application of power naps may temporarily delay the need for Step 4.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
That's how I feel about using the Internet (unless I'm learning something from it). Although I also get it when I just lie in bed with sleep inertia.
I never stop learning on the internet. I really only use the internet for learning and video games. I rarely just surf for the hell of it.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I love sleeping, I think my record is 15 hrs of continuous sleep.

When I'm putting in full days working construction I'm so exhausted by the time I get home, keep falling asleep in random places throughout the house.

I really need to wear myself out and accomplish something during the day though, in college I would get insomnia from sitting around thinking too much.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ah, sleep, how I love thee. I can easily go for 11 hours per night. Plus, I work from home, which means my biorythm is more or less f**ked up. And contrary to @DustyDrill, I remember all of my dreams, which is the additional fun activity I have during the nights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
After a recent spell of insomnia I gave the Uberman Sleep Schedule a try. Now I don't want to go back to normal sleeping.

I can't post links but apparently I can do this:

everything2.com/node/892542

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have one of the screwiest sleeping habits ever. Sometimes I sleep more than 15 hours later, sometimes I dont sleep for over 24 hours. Sometimes I wake up during the night and sometimes I wake up super early in the morning. Sleep is like a curse.

·
Banned
163 Posts
I always make sure I'm very tired before going to bed, so I don't end up tossing and turning for hours trying to fall asleep.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts