Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
263 Posts
Thanks for that!. I'm really worried these days about my insomnia. When I first started psychotherapy, I was being treated for both depression combined with anxiety. I refused all kinds of medications, the idea that I can't solve whatever confusions I have in my mind that led me to depression without medications was more disturbing to me. And complying to medications at that point would have left me unsatisfied internally. My therapist was very cooperative to my luck. I was suffering bad, I had delusions and hallucinations due to excessive insomnia, it was really eating my brain alive. But I chose to fight with no medications. After few sessions, my therapist told me that I possess great potentials that surprised him great deal and that he expects that I will make a fast recovery. After two months, I gained stability of mind, and clarity of thought, and things progressed a lot. At that point, I was still having terrible insomnia, and severe loss of appetite and dead mood. But I wasn't confused, my mind wasn't blocked, my cognitive functions were very stable, I had positive plans and ideas, my thinking process was excellent and clear, I had no obsessions. And here's when I agreed to take medications (yet the most safe and light ones) because lack of sleep was torturing me. After two weeks things started to change, I can sense a mood change inside, I can sense me getting back to myself. But I'm worried about the medication I'm on, whether I'll be able to sleep without it one day because I've tried to do so the night before last night and I didn't sleep for a moment. My therapist told me not to worry and that the process will take time and comforted me about being able to sleep with no medications certainly one day. Still I'm kinda questioning that, but not obsessing about it though. Anyways, thanks for the input, I enjoyed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts