Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hanging out on here a good while, lurking in the shadows, even registered at one point but remained an ultra newbie. Now I wanna start anew with a fresh new alias!

I'm a girl who can call herself a "twenty-something" for a few more months, who's into a little bit of everything and a whole lot of nothing.
I like to read a variety of different stuff, play video games (good ol’ Skyrim is for me what sudoku or crossword puzzle is for some), plan on starting pilates (since 2008), I like languages, traveling, psychology, sociology, sciences in general, animals and cat videos, overanalyzing, and trying to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up.
Mostly what I end up doing on a practical level instead is procastinating online, getting lost in my currently 26 open tabs. At the moment with a glass of wine. And just now eagerly looking forward to the next season of Game of Thrones and Louie. One could say I've finally learned to embrace the smaller things in life - despite the big, big plans I still have…
I live in a country other than my home country with my SO, who I recently found is supposedly an S type, which I have not and will not accept as the truth.

Even after all the endless MBTI testing, I'm still unable to determine my type and seem to be stuck in a triangle of INTP - ENTP - INTJ. I suppose I'm no true INTJ since I’m still undecided, a true INTJ would've just picked it and stuck with it. I also ramble more than an INTJ probably would, but that doesn't prove anything!

I like these forums as there is a larger than average concentration of people here who are interested in similar things to myself, which always are the best people. So hi to everyone reading this!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings pseudomnesia and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum pseudomnesia. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Welcome, love the surrealistic avatar btw! :)

Did you test as IIL in socionics? That would suggest INTP, since the last letter is reversed compared to MBTI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Welcome, love the surrealistic avatar btw! :)

Did you test as IIL in socionics? That would suggest INTP, since the last letter is reversed compared to MBTI.
Thanks, I do find it quite mezmerizing myself! Unofrtunately can't claim credit for it.

I just took a socionics test and the result was LII. I'm not familiar with the system at all. And what I get in MBTI tests depends a lot on the phrasing of the questions. When it comes to P/J, I'm a little bit of both and neither properly. Looking at cognitive functions just complicates things even more, so I've sort of come to terms with the fact I'm ambiguous.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Thanks, I do find it quite mezmerizing myself! Unofrtunately can't claim credit for it.

I just took a socionics test and the result was LII. I'm not familiar with the system at all. And what I get in MBTI tests depends a lot on the phrasing of the questions. When it comes to P/J, I'm a little bit of both and neither properly. Looking at cognitive functions just complicates things even more, so I've sort of come to terms with the fact I'm ambiguous.
While for instance an INTJ and an INTP may seem similar at a surface level (INTJ and INTP), however when you go down into the functions you'll notice that the two types do things very differently (Ni-Te-Fi-Se and Ti-Ne-Si-Fe). Hoping I can be of a little help. :)

Short descriptions of the letters (scroll down to page 2): http://www.educationaloptions.com/resources/documents/x-PersonalityandSchoolAdjustment.pdf

Short descriptions of the functions: The Myers & Briggs Foundation - The Eight Function Attitudes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While for instance an INTJ and an INTP may seem similar at a surface level (INTJ and INTP), however when you go down into the functions you'll notice that the two types do things very differently (Ni-Te-Fi-Se and Ti-Ne-Si-Fe). Hoping I can be of a little help. :)
Most of the time INTP sounds like the best match, especially the Ti function which I feel I'm using the most. But then again, whenever I take a specific test based on the functions (of which I have taken several), the strongest has been Ni, which does not sound untrue either (while Te on the other hand seems quite weak), or sometimes even the functions ENTP uses the most. Which of course are essentially the same as INTP's.
But thanks for the links and especially the article about school adjustment, it might provide some insight once I get a chance to take a closer look at it. Might also be that a more in-depth understanding of each of the cognitive functions could help me clear this up. A little bit at least.

@Ninjaws thank you!

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Most of the time INTP sounds like the best match, especially the Ti function which I feel I'm using the most. But then again, whenever I take a specific test based on the functions (of which I have taken several), the strongest has been Ni, which does not sound untrue either (while Te on the other hand seems quite weak), or sometimes even the functions ENTP uses the most. Which of course are essentially the same as INTP's.
But thanks for the links and especially the article about school adjustment, it might provide some insight once I get a chance to take a closer look at it. Might also be that a more in-depth understanding of each of the cognitive functions could help me clear this up. A little bit at least.
It wasn't so much for the article itself, but for the neat table in it. I didn't know how much you knew about the functions, but I like getting a quick overview before going deeper into things, that way you don't get too bored reading a wall of text and you can choose what to research deeper into depending on what interests you. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wasn't so much for the article itself, but for the neat table in it. I didn't know how much you knew about the functions, but I like getting a quick overview before going deeper into things, that way you don't get too bored reading a wall of text and you can choose what to research deeper into depending on what interests you. :)
Oh no, that wouldn't be a problem here! And the preferences I'm more than familiar with by now. The problem seems to be that not only am I an at times very talkative and open Introvert even with complete strangers but also a very rigid and unspontaneous Perceiver who is always on time, takes deadlines dead seriously and plans everything ahead. Of course I also hate routines and being restricted by schedules, leave everything to the last minute and I usually prefer my own company to that of most other people's, hate small talk. So yeah. :confused:

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
I've been hanging out on here a good while, lurking in the shadows, even registered at one point but remained an ultra newbie. Now I wanna start anew with a fresh new alias!

I'm a girl who can call herself a "twenty-something" for a few more months, who's into a little bit of everything and a whole lot of nothing.
I like to read a variety of different stuff, play video games (good ol’ Skyrim is for me what sudoku or crossword puzzle is for some), plan on starting pilates (since 2008), I like languages, traveling, psychology, sociology, sciences in general, animals and cat videos, overanalyzing, and trying to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up.
Mostly what I end up doing on a practical level instead is procastinating online, getting lost in my currently 26 open tabs. At the moment with a glass of wine. And just now eagerly looking forward to the next season of Game of Thrones and Louie. One could say I've finally learned to embrace the smaller things in life - despite the big, big plans I still have…
I live in a country other than my home country with my SO, who I recently found is supposedly an S type, which I have not and will not accept as the truth.

Even after all the endless MBTI testing, I'm still unable to determine my type and seem to be stuck in a triangle of INTP - ENTP - INTJ. I suppose I'm no true INTJ since I’m still undecided, a true INTJ would've just picked it and stuck with it. I also ramble more than an INTJ probably would, but that doesn't prove anything!

I like these forums as there is a larger than average concentration of people here who are interested in similar things to myself, which always are the best people. So hi to everyone reading this!
Pleased to meet you, pseudomnesia.
I hope you enjoy your stay here, and I look forward to seeing you around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts