Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 912 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The SLOAN (also known as Big 5) personality descriptors are an innovative personality index which allow for variance within the traditional MBTI types, but do not make assumptions regarding the intents/motivations/mentality of the participant like the Enneagram.

SLOAN types can map onto any of the MBTI types, and indicate the more individual differences between types and individuals (which MBTI itself does not do).

Even though SLOAN types can map onto any MBTI type, there are a few common type matches that show a connection between SLOAN results and MBTI types. See here for a comprehensive listing of SLOAN types/descriptions.

Although you may feel/think it better to make assumptions based on the descriptions, I recommend you take the test first before decide to validate your results subjectively. Even better still, get someone else to rate you (if you can) as well. Here is a link to the SLOAN test available on similarminds.org (this is the word test, there is also a questions test also)..

Enjoy,
NephilimAzrael

P.S. Here were my results
Global 5: sloan RCOEI; sloan+ rCoE|I|; primary Inquisitive; R(64%)C(72%)O(62%)E(68%)I(76%)

RCOEI: 2.4% of women; 5.1% of men
withdrawn, not wild and crazy, private, loner, not relationship obsessed, not swayed by
emotions, insensitive to the needs of others, unhelpful, interested in intellectual pursuits,
avoidant, does not put the needs of others ahead of self, thinks before acting, very
scientific, not upset by the misfortune of strangers, avoids small talk, values solitude,
private, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, unaffected by the suffering of
others, calm in crisis, not easily excited, won't do much to avoid rejection, not known for
generosity, not easily confused, cold, not prone to complimenting others, dislikes most
people but tries to get along to minimize hostility, hard to get to know, more dominant
than submissive, not easily hurt, driven by reason, influenced more by self than others,
rarely worried, hard to impress, not that interested in relationships, hard to influence, not
concerned about failing when trying something new, self confident, knows why they do
things, not easily moved to tears, not prone to jealousy, not guided by moods

Inquisitive Type (Factor 5+) 4.8% of women; 10.4% of men
more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, detaches to analyze
factors from multiple perspectives, regularly uses ideas and tools to transform
understanding, enjoys playing with random interconnections between ideas and patterns,
would describe self as a nerd in high school, likes science fiction, introspective, good at
fixing things, more comfortable around adults as a child, feels both special and defective,
knows the darkside of life well, is not bothered by going long periods without speaking
with people, more intellectual than sensual, can be bitter, problem solver, relies on mind
more than on others, driven by curiosity, feels best when working, minimalist

·
Registered
534 Posts
Global 5: sloan RCUEI; sloan+ rCu|E|x; primary Egocentric;
R(64%)C(68%)U(58%)E(68%)X50%)

RCUEI
atheist/agnostic tendencies, unconcerned with public image, lower energy level, does not value tradition, avoidant, does not put the welfare of others above self, not punctual, unproductive, does not believe in human goodness, not easily moved to tears, seldom bothered by the suffering of strangers, insensitive to the needs of others, relaxed, quiet around strangers, tendency to believe only in self, people have trouble reading them but they don't care, late finishing work, acts without planning, withdrawn, rarely too busy, not a perfectionist, uncooperative, not prone to complimenting people, does not believe in life after death, avoids crowds, prefers unpredictable to organized, not passionate about bettering the world's condition, does not second guess self, able to control cravings, calm in crisis, ambivalent to the feelings of others, believes in the importance of art, dislikes small talk, socially uncomfortable, private, not known for generosity, acts without consulting others, hard to get to know, not easily frustrated, interested in intellectual pursuits, not open about feelings, loner, asks many questions, open to change, influenced more by self than others, bored at work

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Very interesting. I bolded the parts that really, really, really, really resonate w/me.

Global 5: sloan RCUEN; sloan+ |R|cuEx; primary Reserved; R(76%)C(66%)U(60%)E(68%)X(50%)
Global 5 Primary Type Descriptions

Reserved
outsider, does not fit in most places, does not mind going days without speaking to people, does not like night life and crowds, not self expressive, spends more time in solitary activity than group activity, does not compete for the spotlight, fears getting involved with others, not seductive, dresses to avoid standing out, not impulsive, loner, female introverts tend not to like wearing makeup, does not enjoy leadership, not very sexual, more likely to be nerdy, prefers loose fitting clothing, inhibited, suspicious, tattoo averse, unmotivated, can't do anything when they don't fee good, has trouble speaking when emotional, dislikes compliments, desires security and support, does not like accepting help, more visual than verbal, does not want to be famous, likes science fiction, prefers to stick with things they know, not traditional

RCUEN
not easily hurt, does not need things to add up perfectly, keeps emotions under control, spends more time in solitary activities than group activities, when ending an association - tends to stop all communication without explanation, does not readily admit mistakes, underachiever, not known for generosity, level emotions, does not care what people think, does not fit in, more logical than abstract, does not value tradition, uninterested in leadership, not impressionable, not prone to envy, values money over acceptance, not open about feelings, unproductive, values solitude, not very happy, pessimistic, plain appearance, inflexible, won't do much to avoid rejection, not afraid of doing the wrong thing, underachiever, does not accept people as they are, unable to stand up for self, slow to forgive, not that interested in others, does not care about image, not prone to giving compliments, rarely prepared, quiet around strangers, does not like touchy feely people, avoids responsibilities, avoids difficult reading material, rarely reinvents self, does not like to lead, not prone to worrying

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
sloan RCUEN; sloan+ RC|U|en; primary Unstructured; R(70%)C(72%)U(72%)E(64%)N(58%)

RCUEN: 1.5% of women; 2.6% of men
not easily hurt, does not need things to add up perfectly, keeps emotions under control,
spends more time in solitary activities than group activities, when ending an association -
tends to stop all communication without explanation, does not readily admit mistakes,
underachiever, not known for generosity, level emotions, does not care what people
think, does not fit in, more logical than abstract, does not value tradition, uninterested in
leadership, not impressionable, not prone to envy, values money over acceptance, not
open about feelings, unproductive, values solitude, not very happy, pessimistic, plain
appearance, inflexible, won't do much to avoid rejection, not afraid of doing the wrong
thing, underachiever, does not accept people as they are, unable to stand up for self, slow
to forgive, not that interested in others, does not care about image, not prone to giving
compliments, rarely prepared, quiet around strangers, does not like touchy feely people,
avoids responsibilities, avoids difficult reading material, rarely reinvents self, does not
like to lead, not prone to worrying

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine were Global 5: sloan RCUEN; sloan+ |R|cuxn; primary Reserved; R(72%)C(66%)U(56%)E(52%)N(64%)

RCUEN: 1.5% of women; 2.6% of men
not easily hurt, does not need things to add up perfectly, keeps emotions under control,
spends more time in solitary activities than group activities, when ending an association -
tends to stop all communication without explanation, does not readily admit mistakes,
underachiever, not known for generosity, level emotions, does not care what people
think, does not fit in, more logical than abstract, does not value tradition, uninterested in
leadership, not impressionable, not prone to envy, values money over acceptance, not
open about feelings, unproductive, values solitude, not very happy, pessimistic, plain
appearance, inflexible, won't do much to avoid rejection, not afraid of doing the wrong
thing, underachiever, does not accept people as they are, unable to stand up for self, slow
to forgive, not that interested in others, does not care about image, not prone to giving
compliments, rarely prepared, quiet around strangers, does not like touchy feely people,
avoids responsibilities, avoids difficult reading material, rarely reinvents self, does not
like to lead, not prone to worrying

Fairly accurate. Think they said underachiever one too many times for my liking. I should kick the sh*t out of the person that typed it..but since I don't apparently "stand up for self," I suppose I shouldn't. LoL, other than that, its kind of right in a ho-hum sort of way.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Global 5: sloan RLUAI; sloan+ |R|lUAI; primary Reserved; R(82%)L(66%)U(76%)A(74%)I(72%)

Reserved

outsider, does not fit in most places, does not mind going days without speaking to people, does not like night life and crowds, not self expressive, spends more time in solitary activity than group activity, does not compete for the spotlight, fears getting involved with others, not seductive, dresses to avoid standing out, not impulsive, loner, female introverts tend not to like wearing makeup, does not enjoy leadership, not very sexual, more likely to be nerdy, prefers loose fitting clothing, inhibited, suspicious, tattoo averse, unmotivated, can't do anything when they don't fee good, has trouble speaking when emotional, dislikes compliments, desires security and support, does not like accepting help, more visual than verbal, does not want to be famous, likes science fiction, prefers to stick with things they know, not traditional

RLUAI

moody, not good at sports, low energy level, unable to speak up for self, avoidant, depressed, withdrawn, attracted to things associated with sadness, easily frightened, feels defective, lonely, no self confidence, easily discouraged, avoids crowds, backs down when threatened, easily intimidated, socially unskilled, loner, unproductive, late with work, prone to health problems, focuses on fantasies more than reality, self loathing, wounded at the core, easily hurt, often sad, becomes overwhelmed by events, fearful, rarely prepared, fears doing the wrong thing, often aware how the color and lighting of a room affects their mood, feels untalented, quiet around strangers, prone to addiction, doubting, anxious, easily confused, frequently overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, weak sense of purpose, relates to broken and discarded things, unsure where life is going, continually losing things, fears drawing attention to self, avoids unnecessary interaction, often bored, second guesses self, embarrassed by praise, worrying, resigned, prone to jealousy

Nice descript... is there anything positive? :laughing:

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think any of these apply to me >.<

There are 2 or 3 that are damn close, but they all have important traits that for sure contradict how I do.

So. *Shrugs*

MBTI and Enneagram for me I guess.
Hence why I said this in the Opening Post.

Although you may feel/think it better to make assumptions based on the descriptions, I recommend you take the test first before decide to validate your results subjectively. Even better still, get someone else to rate you (if you can) as well.
Did you take the test, or just read the descriptions for MBTI and Enneagram?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It can to about 75-80% fit my description, which I think is high.

Global 5: sloan RCUEI; sloan+ |R|Cuei; primary Reserved; R(80%)C(72%)U(62%)E(54%)I(62%)
RCUEI
atheist/agnostic tendencies, unconcerned with public image, lower energy level, does not value tradition, avoidant, does not put the welfare of others above self, not punctual, unproductive, does not believe in human goodness, not easily moved to tears, seldom bothered by the suffering of strangers, insensitive to the needs of others, relaxed, quiet around strangers, tendency to believe only in self, people have trouble reading them but they don't care, late finishing work, acts without planning, withdrawn, rarely too busy, not a perfectionist, uncooperative, not prone to complimenting people, does not believe in life after death, avoids crowds, prefers unpredictable to organized, not passionate about bettering the world's condition, does not second guess self, able to control cravings, calm in crisis, ambivalent to the feelings of others, believes in the importance of art, dislikes small talk, socially uncomfortable, private, not known for generosity, acts without consulting others, hard to get to know, not easily frustrated, interested in intellectual pursuits, not open about feelings, loner, asks many questions, open to change, influenced more by self than others, bored at work
Reserved

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I took the test, Mr. Iassumenoonereadsanything.

And the result it gave me was inaccurate a lot.

And then upon further reading, the alternatives didn't sound all too much better.
Frankly lad, I don't assume that people do not read anything.. Bad trolling by you sir.
The odd thing is that you don't present any claims of what you assume to be accurate or inaccurate. I guess, that subjective validation is your only way of explaining the inaccuracy of this test.

Fair enough.. To each their own.

·
Registered
34 Posts
SLUEI
(3.8% of women; 3.5% of men)prone to addiction, often late, does not think things work out for the best, impatient, discontent, negative, opinionated, acts without thinking, preoccupied with self, easily frustrated, not that interested in others, act at the expense of others, becomes aggressive when they feel hurt, acts wild and crazy, frustrated and angry when people don't live up to expectations, slow to forgive, takes charge, does not behave in way that is acceptable to society, pessimistic, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, not usually happy, not calm in crisis, does not accomplish work on time, spontaneous, not on good terms with everyone, demanding, misbehaved, improper, avoids responsibilities, not willing to let things rest, acts out frustrations on others, has a need to maintain high levels of excitement, rarely prepared, often bored while working, aggressive, asks questions nobody else does, hard to reason with, likes to be the center of attention, acts without planning, retaliatory, asks many questions, quick to correct others, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not hard working, disorganized, loses things, unable to control cravings

Social
more verbal than non verbal, spends more time in group activities than solitary activities, does not like to go long without speaking to anyone, loves night life activities and crowds, competes for the spotlight, fits in most places, trusting, self expressive, not the best listener, action oriented, if they had to live their life over again they would not change much, dresses to stand out, seductive, very sexual, does not fear getting involved with others, female extroverts like tight fitting clothing, have more desire than fear, enjoys leadership, brutally honest, more random than controlled, impulsive, optimistic, motivated, wants to be famous, exhibitionist tendencies

The second half is basically entirely innacurate. The first is half accurate, I guess.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As I had said in the OP, the types do not always align to MBTI.. But here is a list of the one's that do.

INFP: RCUAI, RLUAI
INTP: RCUEI, RLUEI
INFJ: RCOAI, RLOAI
INTJ: RCOEI, RLOEI
ISTJ: RCOEN, RLOEN
ISFJ: RCOAN, RLOAN
ISTP: RCUEN, RLUEN
ISFP: RCUAN, RLUAN
ENFP: SCUAI, SLUAI
ENTP: SCUEI, SLUEI
ENFJ: SCOAI, SLOAI
ENTJ: SCOEI, SLOEI
ESTJ: SCOEN, SLOEN
ESFJ: SCOAN, SLOAN
ESTP: SCUEN, SLUEN
ESFP: SCUAN, SLUAN

If anyone happens to disagree with the SLOAN type, by all means, cross analyse them with your MBTI and Enneagram results. Just remember, the MBTI and Enneagram are somewhat more reliant on the subjective validation principle and the barnum effect. Remember to check biases before considering accuracy or inaccuracy. (bias list here)

This is one of the reasons why I chose to place the word test in first.. But for ease, I now also post the questions version. This one should seem more like an MBTI questionnaire, although it will give the same descriptions.

The aims of this test (as stated in the OP) is to support individual differences. The other tests can be considered in light of these test results. And likewise, the SLOAN can be considered in light of MBTI and Enneagram tests/descriptions. The aim is to give a little more insight into standardised personality traits, without assuming too much.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My result was...

RLOAI
(3.1% of women; 2.3% of men)

withdrawn, loner, not wild and crazy, does not like the spotlight, worrying, crowd averse, afraid to draw attention to self, easily hurt, fearful, prone to low physical fitness, fears mistakes, prone to health problems, hard to get to know, risk averse, unable to speak up for self, becomes overwhelmed by events, not self confident, depressed, embarrassed by praise, prefers organized to unpredictable, apprehensive about new encounters, not good at telling jokes, easily intimidated, quiet around strangers, socially unskilled, easily offended, avoids being a bother to anyone, anxious, plays it safe, not spontaneous, some attraction to things associated with sadness, easily discouraged, apologetic, private, requires lots of time alone to recharge, self loathing, avoidant, second guesses self, low energy level, values solitude, not physically affectionate with most people, not competitive, lonely, hesitant, thinks before acting, not aggressive, very clean, feels unattractive, stressed, proper, values rules and regulations, plain, avoids small talk, resigned

It matches with the INFJ too. @,@

·
Registered
159 Posts

SOURCE

TRANSLATION

ONE: rl|O|xn
(RLOAN, RLOEN)

TWO: sxx|A|x
(SLOAN, SCOAN, SLUAN, SCUAN, SLOAI, SCOAI, SLUAI, SCUAI)

THREE: |S|xxxx
(SLOAN, SCOAN, SLUAN, SCUAN, SLOEN, SCOEN, SLUEN, SCUEN, SLOAI, SCOAI, SLUAI, SCUAI, SLOEI, SCOEI, SLUEI, SCUEI)

FOUR: x|L|xxi
(SLOAI, RLOAI, SLUAI, RLUAI, SLOEI, RLOEI, SLUEI, RLUEI)

FIVE: Rxx|E|i
(RLOEI, RCOEI, RLUEI, RCUEI)

SIX: xlxx|N|
(SLOAN, RLOAN, SLUAN, RLUAN, SLOEN, RLOEN, SLUEN, RLUEN)

SEVEN: |S|cuxi
(SCUAI, SCUEI)

EIGHT: S|C|oei
(SCOEI)

NINE: Rcua|N|
(RCUAN)

Types not present:
(RCUAI, RCOAI, RCOEN, RCOAN, RCUEN)

Clearly a much more complex relationship exists between these two models.

There is also a diagram showing just how closesly the Big5 and MBTI dichotomies relate.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

SOURCE

TRANSLATION

ONE: rl|O|xn
(RLOAN, RLOEN)

TWO: sxx|A|x
(SLOAN, SCOAN, SLUAN, SCUAN, SLOAI, SCOAI, SLUAI, SCUAI)

THREE: |S|xxxx
(SLOAN, SCOAN, SLUAN, SCUAN, SLOEN, SCOEN, SLUEN, SCUEN, SLOAI, SCOAI, SLUAI, SCUAI, SLOEI, SCOEI, SLUEI, SCUEI)

FOUR: x|L|xxi
(SLOAI, RLOAI, SLUAI, RLUAI, SLOEI, RLOEI, SLUEI, RLUEI)

FIVE: Rxx|E|i
(RLOEI, RCOEI, RLUEI, RCUEI)

SIX: xlxx|N|
(SLOAN, RLOAN, SLUAN, RLUAN, SLOEN, RLOEN, SLUEN, RLUEN)

SEVEN: |S|Coxi
(SCOAI, SCOEI)

EIGHT: S|C|oei
(SCOEI)

NINE: Rcua|N|
(RCUAN)

Clearly a much more complex relationship exists between these two models.

There is also a diagram showing just how closesly the Big5 and MBTI dichotomies relate.

You Sir, are awesome! The relationship is indeed more complex, but such a correlation indicates that the SLOAN is filing in gaps that the enneagram itself has a tendency to omit (being that it bases itself on a greater amount of self-evaluation and quantitative measures).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Big Five Test Results

Extroversion 18%
Orderliness 20%
Emotional Stability 62%
Accommodation 36%
Inquisitiveness 78%

RCUEI

Reserved
outsider, does not fit in most places, does not mind going days without speaking to people, does not like night life and crowds, not self expressive, spends more time in solitary activity than group activity, does not compete for the spotlight, fears getting involved with others, not seductive, dresses to avoid standing out, not impulsive, loner, female introverts tend not to like wearing makeup, does not enjoy leadership, not very sexual, more likely to be nerdy, prefers loose fitting clothing, inhibited, suspicious, tattoo averse, unmotivated, can't do anything when they don't feel good, has trouble speaking when emotional, dislikes compliments, desires security and support, does not like accepting help, more visual than verbal, does not want to be famous, likes science fiction, prefers to stick with things they know, not traditional

Hmm, it sort of suits me, but there are some aspects that definately don't.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Global 5: sloan SCOEI; sloan+ sCOE|I|; primary Inquisitive; S(64%)C(72%)O(72%)E(76%)I(82%)

not afraid of doing the wrong thing, speaks up regardless of consequences, not filled with doubt, more dominant than submissive, not afraid to draw attention to self, self confident, does not back down when threatened, decisive, feels you have to be tough on people to get things done, not easily hurt, worry free, not easily intimidated, not concerned with failure when trying something new, aggressive, fearless, controlling, domineering, ambivalent about the suffering of strangers, not easily discouraged, out for own personal gain, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, unconcerned with the misfortunes of strangers, likes giving speeches, not easily moved to tears, manipulative, unapologetic, knows where life is going, narcissistic, exacting in their work, does not second guess self, untouched by other people's feelings, the first to act, level emotions, never at a loss for words, opinionated, demanding, goes after what they want, believes in a logical answer for everything, not very religious, show off, calm in crisis

It matches my MBTI very well, but not so much my enneagram.

1 - 20 of 912 Posts