Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour, tout le monde. Let me preface this by saying that I am glad to have found this website and look forward to constant usage in the future.

Now, I've taken multiple versions of the MBTI and have come away somewhat confused. Sometimes I type as INFP, other times as INFJ, and sometimes as ISFJ or ISFP. So you could say that I am most likely an introvert and a feeler.

Here is a list of clues for you to piece together:

1. My hobbies include writing short stories, poems, and lyrics, listening to music, playing old video games, doodling, and reading.

2. I act quite obnoxiously around my best friends but clam up around most other people other than the members of my immediate family.

3. I'm usually laid back, but when someone does or says something I don't agree with, I make sure I let them know that they should stop carrying on in such a manner.

4. I spend a lot of my free time just daydreaming about the fantasy and science fiction genres. I'm also a classic Walter Mitty: I like to imagine myself as being famous and as going on big adventures.

5. I love words. I spend a lot of time reading the dictionary, "capturing" new words.

6. I live to bring concinnity to the world around me. That means weaving peace between people and educating them about different cultures.

7. I'm a disorganized perfectionist.

8. I'm a real stickler for correct spelling and grammar.

9. On typing by functions test, my highest function is always introverted intuition.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Here's an interesting thought... you could very well be an INTP. Not much to work with here, unfortunately, so I could be very off, but Ne looks clear, and you strike me as Ti-Fe from such little given info.

Fill out a questionnaire if you strive for a better chance of accuracy.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
2 could be inferior Fe. 5 and 6 could be dominant Ti. But fill out a full questionnaire (I suggest Entropic's) so we can see what's behind these behaviors.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just took a "type by functions" test. It said that I was 50% Fi, Fe, Ni, and Ne, 25% Si, 25% Ti 15% Te and 0% Se. It told me that my type was unclear.

I think I'll just go with INFP; most tests indicate that I am one.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I just took a "type by functions" test. It said that I was 50% Fi, Fe, Ni, and Ne, 25% Si, 25% Ti 15% Te and 0% Se. It told me that my type was unclear.

I think I'll just go with INFP; most tests indicate that I am one.
Those tests will not gauge your mindset. Do you really believe ticking boxes of ambiguous, meaningless statements is more reliable than a human assessment?

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Those tests will not gauge your mindset. Do you really believe ticking boxes of ambiguous, meaningless statements is more reliable than a human assessment?"

No, I suppose not. Care to hazard a guess as to my type?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I suggest filling out a more in-depth questionnaire to make it easier for other users and myself to gauge your type -- frankly, there's not much to go off by here. (This one's pretty good, but there are others you can dig out if you so wish.) :proud:

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very interesting. I've never been typed as an INTP before I posted this thread. Everyone else seems to think I'm an INFP, and 80% of the time (and I wasn't going to tell you this because it might've influenced your decisions) I score as INFP. I consider myself an atypical INFP to this day.

Thank you for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts