Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there really (no) other (wo)men in the whole world who could satisfy the longing of your heart?

is it normal ISTJs are slow healers? i mean really really slow, taking years, ages! are you a slow or fast healer? and how have you changed having resurfaced from the depths? one always hears 'time heals', and maybe it's true for most people. as cautious as ISTJs are, they do make mistakes and have their moments of weakness.

it takes me so long to let someone in and takes even longer to let go. but in the meantime...... there's so much to enjoy! :laughing:

·
Registered
47 Posts
are there really (no) other (wo)men in the whole world who could satisfy the longing of your heart?

is it normal ISTJs are slow healers? i mean really really slow, taking years, ages! are you a slow or fast healer? and how have you changed having resurfaced from the depths? one always hears 'time heals', and maybe it's true for most people. as cautious as ISTJs are, they do make mistakes and have their moments of weakness.

it takes me so long to let someone in and takes even longer to let go. but in the meantime...... there's so much to enjoy! :laughing:

I'm a very slow healer. It has taken years, some times, to get back into the game.

I've always taken a long time to let people in, but can let certain people go extremely fast.

While in the depths, as you said, I'll analyze what caused the friendship/relationship to end and if making changes will benefit me as a person, I'll make changes.

·
Registered
40 Posts

My ex and I separated after 5 years, she cheated on me twice the first time I forgave her the second I had to end it. However 6 months later and I am just staring to get over it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we shall rise again from the depths! :happy:

(it was easy cutting someone off cold blooded because i didn't let the roots grow. then there was this one who effortlessly knocked down the wall which i carefully set up over the years!)

"forget her magic, all the beautiful things..." (is it possible to embed a vid? how do i do that?)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I haven't let anyone in yet... but either way I will say yes, just off of how I am.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ delay it as long as possible. feelings are a waste of time [and energy] :frustrating:
unfortunately one will always get through that wall and makes you happy [or depressed, you decide.] :laughing:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
The ISTJ I know can take years to let someone in or can withdraw for a long time after having an emotional battle.

I think it's normal. I admire his dedication to his hard work and discipline though in spite of it all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm a slow healer. I'm still getting over a man I fell in love with, and we've not been together for nearly a year.

It's hard, so very very hard. I don't give myself to people easily, so when I do fall in love, it becomes all consuming. I fell in love with him ridiculously quickly, and still miss him terribly. Still, it's only been 51 weeks, these things take time!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm certainly not a relationship expert. I've been married for going on 17 years so I've been out of the relationship "game" for a long time.

Before meeting my wife I was quick to let a woman in and really slow to let her go but I was just a kid at the time and as a later teens early 20's person I was emotionally unstable so I really don't if that counts or not.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm happily married so really I'm talking in past tense.....
This is one of those ways that I relate to ISTJs. I'm in love with being in love, but it takes me an incredibly long time to get there. And once a relationship has ended, it is a long and painful process getting over it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

My ex and I separated after 5 years, she cheated on me twice the first time I forgave her the second I had to end it. However 6 months later and I am just staring to get over it.
I think 6 months is doing quite well. There's no specific time frame you can put on these things.

·
Registered
295 Posts

You're doing well. My ex and I were together 5 years too, but it took me almost 2 years before I was finally over it.

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
324 Posts
I will agree with others that for me it does take and indefinite period of time to get over a relationship.

Reactions: niss and Sela

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I am generally a slow healer but if i have plenty of work to keep me occupied then i am a fast healer. Let me see the last time i let someone truley in to my head was *thinks... contiunes to think... starts hitting self on head due to time of thinking... pacing to think... talking to myself to think... smacks head against wall to think* It was never i have never truely let anyone into my head.

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Haven't fallen for anyone and not hapenning soon.
But speaking from past experience, I am quick to accept when things are over. However, it takes time for me to get over them. That is quick to accept, but slow to heal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts