Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think these characters from Smallville are?

Clark Kent
Lois Lane
Oliver Queen
Tess Mercer
Chloe Sullivan
Lex Luthor
Lana Lang
Jimmy Olsen

Here are my thoughts:
Clark Kent INFP
Lois Lane ENFJ
Oliver Queen Exxx
Tess Mercer ISTJ
Chloe Sullivan ENFP
Lex Luthor ISTJ
Lana Lang INFJ
Jimmy Olsen xNFP

·
Registered
40 Posts
Clark Kent isfj slowing becoming istj
Lois Lane ExFP
Oliver Queen ENFJ
Tess Mercer the rare villain INFP or intj
Chloe Sullivan ENTJ in Season 9
Lana Lang INFJ the last few seasons but originally isfj
Jimmy Olsen xNFP, agreed

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clark Kent isfj slowing becoming istj
Lois Lane ExFP
Oliver Queen ENFJ
Tess Mercer the rare villain INFP or intj
Chloe Sullivan ENTJ in Season 9
Lana Lang INFJ the last few seasons but originally isfj
Jimmy Olsen xNFP, agreed
No way Clark can be xxxJ.
I can't see Clark as a thinker either, he's always overwhelmed with emotions.
And Lois is definitely ExFJ.
I agree INTJ for Tess.
ENTJ for Chloe for the last season sounds right.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Clark- ISFJ
Jonathan Kent- ISTJ
Martha- ESFJ
Lana- ISFP
Chloe- ENTP
Lex- INTJ
Lionel- ENTJ
Lois- ESTP

Reactions: ADMORRIS

·
Registered
INTP / ILE
1,309 Posts
Clark Kent INFP
Lois Lane ENFJ
Allison Mack ISFP / Chloe Sullivan ENFP
Lex Luthor INTJ
Lana Lang INFJ
Martha Kent ESFJ
Lionel Luthor ENTJ
Raya from Krypton ESFJ

·
Registered
816 Posts
What are their types?

Clark Kent: IxFx
Jonathan Kent: xxFx
Martha Kent: xxFx
Lex Luthor: xNTJ
Lionel Luthor: ENTJ
Pete Ross: xxFx
Lana Lang: INFP
Chloe Sullivan: xNTx
Oliver Queen: ESTJ
Lois Lane: ESTP
Kara: xxFP
Zod: xxTJ
Tess Mercer: xNTJ

Sorry alot of them aren't complete guesses, it's just hard to speculate

But anyhoo what are your thoughts?

Feel free to add more types I may have forgotten

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Clark Kent an INFP? I don't see it. He is definitely introverted, but I never get the sense that he is thinking about the bigger picture. Or that he sees the world solely threw his own principals and guides his philosophy based on that he is too connected to earth people and their principals in this formative stage of himself.

Everything with him is quite reactionary and based solely on the context of what is right in front of him. He reacts to problems and obstacles only when they are ahead of him and often shows no foresight into other possibilities and things that can go wrong, so not an N. This often gets him in trouble and puts him and those around him in vulnerable positions because he doesn't anticipate his opponents next move until it's either too late or about to be too late. He reacts very much in the heat of the moment. That strikes me directly as S oriented. I find him too accommodating to social cues to be a Fi-dom. He cares a lot about being popular - he wants to be on the football team and be like his adoptive father, doing things others can do - wants to be able to lose control and have fun, and appearing normal and at ease in a large group of people - he wants his crush longtime Lana to like him and be with him and wants to have a lot of friends, very friendly.

He seems to me to be a Fe user, he knows how people feel because he uses his S way of thinking to carve out detail oriented things about the person to make them feel special, Lana's necklace for instance. All of this strikes me as an ISF figure. My bet is ISFJ. He tries to be a T but he cares too much about people and his values and principals based on external values from his upbringing lead his thoughts and way of life, even if it hurts him and makes him vulnerable to others.

Lois Lane - ESTP with ESFP leaning latter on. Her feelings come out in moments of vulnerability later in the series but she seems to care more about herself and the bottom line more then anything else. Very self/ego centric. Out going, the polar opposite of her cousin. Adaptable. Not preoccupied with rolling over people and shows no sympathy for situations when called for it. The coldest of all of Clark's love interests in most ways in contrast to Alicia, Chole and Lana.

Oliver Queen - ESTP, poster boy for it. Charismatic rich boy who does what he wants and abides by his own rules that maximize his position in the world. His image/persona is one. I never delved too deeply in who he was but that seems to be what I can see in him. He has ENFP/ESFP leanings as well later on but appears from the go as an ESTP.

Tess Mercer - INTJ, almost certain.

Chole Sullivan - INFP, strong Fi adheres to her own sense of right and wrong even at cost to her friends. Her morals, principals and values are more important (the truth) then her friendships at times and this causes major problems between her and her core group, but she cares deeply about her friends and individuals underneath that tougher exterior of all truth all the time. Very self centered usually and when hurt reacts based on personal slight. Has a hard time viewing it from other sides at times because it's taken personally.

Her power to heal is activated by her own sense of loss more then about the need to specifically heal others it seems. The death of Jimmy and Lois caused her deep pain and grief and she needed to heal them. Makes rash choices when pushed, but usually ends up not wanting to make choices and is backed into corners when something is at odds with two core values. Is always speculating about the bigger picture, what is going on, conspiracy theorist, often is the one put up against intellectuals and is continuously outmatched due to poorer T (Lionel and Lex). Strong sense of moral right and wrong.

Lex Luthor - INTJ, almost certain

Lana Lang - ISFP, not sure why but she just strikes me as one. Reactionary, deals with things emotionally, has her own views of what is right and wrong but is very concrete and in the now. Reacts based on feelings. She wanted to save the Talon because her parents fell in love their. Deeply hurt when individuals didn't touch her, wanted emotional intimacy. Cares a lot about the sequence of events in which things happen.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Only watched for about three seasons, and it's been a while, but here goes

Clark-ISFJ
Lex-ENTJ (his dad may be INTJ)
Lana-INFJ
Chloe-ENTJ
Lois-ESFP

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Clark has the reflexes of a Se user. ISFP or ISTP -- but he's really emotional, so I lean ISFP.

Lana -- Si-dominant. ISFJ.

Chloe - ENFP. Ne-Fi and her Te lets her get newspapers out on time.

Lois Lane - ESTP?

Lex - INTJ. He says in the show how he always creeps out of big parties.

Lionel - the ENTJ.

·
Registered
933 Posts
sooo i just restarted watching the series and am on season 4, so heres my guesses on the main characters so far

clark- isfj he seems pretty much like a classic isfj(excluding the fact that he has superpowers)
lana- isfp, i constantly go back and forth on this char. could easily be wrong
chloe-entp or enfp, i go back and forth on if she has Fi or Fe she seems like she bounces back and forth between them, per episode, still my favorite character tho
lex-entp, could be intj
lionel-intj
jonathan kent- istj
martha kent-infp, could be isfp
best friend pete-esfp
lois lane-enfj

·
Registered
964 Posts
Unvertain about Clark - apart from that, I agree with Angelcat's typings. Disturbing his introverted son is actually a part of Luther Sr's tactics when Lex disagrees with him.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
He's very impulsive, which is more in the realm of Se.

Someone submitted a typing to my tumblr awhile back with INFJ and after re-watching more, I think that's true. His inferior Se really comes out when he's on Red K.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Clark doesn't think ahead enough for me to see Ni dominance. Pretty much all of the episodes in the first few seasons are about Clark not seeing enough clues to realize he, his friends and his family are being threatened and are all in trouble. He doesn't have a focused projection of the future and doesn't actively strive towards an internalized path. Clark is not a "this is my future" kind of guy. Pretty much the entire series is a study of Clark not knowing what he is supposed to do or not knowing how he is supposed to realize his potential to achieve his goals. On the flipside the only time he feels comfortable about his journey is when he is externalizing the values John and Martha taught him at an early age and bringing those values to everyone he crosses paths with, which is pretty much Si-Fe. I think in a nutshell that is what the entire series is about. Clark finding his way based on his past experiences and him using those teaching to guide him to his future.

Alternatively, Red Kryptonite Clark is all about getting away from that, being reckless and going off to new places and experiencing new things. Escapism could be Se or Ne though but all in all Red Kryptonite Clark is all about getting out of Smallville.

·
Registered
933 Posts
yaa I still think clark(on this show at least) follows isfj pretty well, he definitely doesn't seem like he carefully plans the future, nor seems like he has any unexplainable hints towards why he knows something(unless it has something to do with him being from cryptonite which has nothing to do with mbti). Instead he seems like he spends most of his time wanting to save those around him. He also doesn't seem like he has any insight on what others motives are, for example, thinks lex is great until he finds out lex has been watching him. Thinks lionel luthor is bad until lionel luthor does something good, in which he then thinks lionel is only good. for these reasons and many more, are why I don't think clark has any leading Ne or Ni, I could be wrong about isfj, but im pretty sure hes a sensor of some sort.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
yaa I still think clark(on this show at least) follows isfj pretty well, he definitely doesn't seem like he carefully plans the future, nor seems like he has any unexplainable hints towards why he knows something(unless it has something to do with him being from cryptonite which has nothing to do with mbti). Instead he seems like he spends most of his time wanting to save those around him. He also doesn't seem like he has any insight on what others motives are, for example, thinks lex is great until he finds out lex has been watching him. Thinks lionel luthor is bad until lionel luthor does something good, in which he then thinks lionel is only good. for these reasons and many more, are why I don't think clark has any leading Ne or Ni, I could be wrong about isfj, but im pretty sure hes a sensor of some sort.
Agreed. Clark hero worships his father, and it's clear he wants to be just like him. I keep remembering a scene where Clark wants to play football because his father played football and he wants to live up to the same legend his dad did when he played. This causes Clark to go to extreme lengths to be "equal" with the other players so he can play with others "safely", which included giving himself a Kryptonite splinter to hinder his abilities, Martha finds out and she is horrified and puts an end to it. That whole scene just screamed Si-Fe to me. Clark is willing to do anything to be the son he thinks his father wants him to be, and he is romanticizing something that held meaning to his father to do it (Football), so he can share the experience and normalty with his adoptive dad. It was soo sweet, and so SFJ-ish of him.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Clark is hard, because I can see elements of both Si-Fe in him. He Si's when dealing with his family, holding onto Lana, wanting to keep the family farm, etc.

But he is also pretty insightful in guessing people's motivations without much evidence. He wants to believe the best of them, but is also spot on in knowing what people are thinking and feeling. And whenever he falls into the grip, he seems to exert Se in thrill-seeking (sex, motorcycles, impulsiveness, risk-taking ventures, bank robbing, etc) mode rather than Ne.

Personally, I would have typed him as ENFJ because I can see a strong Fe-Se element in him, despite him being somewhat shy. He has that Fe-dom tendency to be involved in everyone's business all the time.

·
Registered
933 Posts
yaa I could see esfj or isfj for clark, maaaybe enfj, but I dont think i buy that one,

now on to a different topic, after watching several more episodes/seasons >_>(i have no life) and paying more attention to chloe, I'm changing my opinion about chloe from entp, to enfp. She seems like she has alot more Fi then i originally thought. around season 5 she consantly puts herself in the shoes of those around her, example: she accepts how it must feel to be clark kent, and understands why he didnt tell her for years, and she does it many other times where she understands others by putting herself in their shoes metaphorically speaking. So i think shes and enfp, with a very healthy amount of Te, and this is why she has an easy time getting to the bottom of things, mixing her Ne, with Te to get the the truths of things

1 - 20 of 23 Posts