Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we all smart-asses?

I know I can be a lot of the time.

Example: Today my mom was out trying to make a fire and I went out there and she was like "Jolene,can you go get me some computer paper"

Me:What do you want?

Her:*slower and louder* Pa-per

Me:Huh?

Her: *Louder and slower* P-A-PER

I contunued that for about two inutes untill I finally busted out laughing
THEN when I went and got her the paper I went out there and was like
"Oh I think you wanted something else..sorry" I turned and started walking
Her: Jolene! this is NOT a joke come on.

hahaha:crazy:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I am such a smart ass. Its like defense mechanism for me or just my way of being funny.
*grandfather hits me because me and my little brother are goofing around, but he thinks we are fighting.*
Me- papa why you hit me?
Gf- Cause you acting crazy.
Me-...I didn't say "why you hit me, crazy."

*watching a movie called Barbershop at dinner that my mom has seen before*
Girl from movie-who drank my apple juice?
Mom-What is this movie?
Me- "Who Drank My Apple Juice."

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Well, to be fair, my ISTJ and INFP parents raised me to be sarcastic. But yeah, a lot of the time, it's hard for me to take people seriously, and I can be a bit of a smartass to them. Never as bad these days as when I first entered puberty - I was straight-up Daria then.

Reactions: Calvaire

·
Registered
957 Posts
I am absolutely a smart-ass sometimes. My dad is sarcastic constantly, and I think it kinda rubbed off on me.

·
Registered
602 Posts
haha definitely. not all the time but i am a smartass many times and sarcastic, usually i do it when im irritated or annoyed tho. and sometimes just for the fun of it xD

·
Registered
168 Posts
Genuine Smartass 60% of the time all of the time

I basically have a small circle of people from various circles of friends that I just burn at every turn. I don't even try, my mouth just does it. Either that or I'm the quiet kid who comes up with that awesome burn from no where.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm sometimes a smart-ass but it's mostly towards my parents. It just seems more fun than to not be one. I only mean it jokingly, but my parents deal with it by jokingly pretending to take me serious..

·
Registered
177 Posts
I fully relate (I wrote a longer post but my computer crashed -_-) i'm a very annoying sarcastic smartass which also helps in those unneeded arguments with my family. Most people don't get my strange sense of humour

·
Registered
841 Posts
I remember one day when my family went up to Tennessee. I was driving. My mother was talking about one time when she was choking when she was little, and how my grandfather shook her upside down (since there wasn't the Heimlich Maneuver at the time) to stop my mother from choking to death. My comment afterwards was, "Well, maybe he shook you a little too hard.":crazy:

So, to the original post, I am a smart-ass, and proud of it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lord, guys, in order to be a smart ass you actually have to be smart.

Less sit, more wit, as they say.

:wink:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes. When I first moved to Texas, there were a few times where I would say something that was sarcastic and just get complete silence from people taking me seriously and being a bit offended. It was very hard and awkward because people in the northeast are just so blunt.

I've had to reign it in a lot and just say it to myself in my head.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can be a very big smart ass, but jokingly...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts