61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smartest MBTI Type Based on your Experience
I am not asking about the IQ levels
Just vote for the type you felt is smarter than the others

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Then what type of intelligence are you talking about because there are many different types of intelligence. Perhaps this is the annoying answer but I feel it's over-simplifying things to say a single type is the smartest in every area. But I really just think there are smart and unintelligent people represented in every type. Just because you have a preference for a cognitive function doesn't even make you automatically adept at it. It depends on how the individual chooses to utilize their thinking processes in that moment.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Based on my experience, it is mainly xNTP's and INTJ's who were usually the smartest. Second, comes INFx's.

Reactions: I am justice!

·
Banned
5,417 Posts
Depends on how you define "smart" and how you propose to measure it. But, seeing as how vague the question is, you probably already know what kind of an answer you want, OP. I'm disappointed in all of you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smart like
someone you would want by your side just incase you get into some issue,
or you need life advice or help you with your imagination, creativity and thoughts.

please lets not talk about school or book smart. anyone can be book smart

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
Oh, I see. Well in that case, I'd say hmmm it's hard to pick just one but I'd probably go with NF's and NT's just because it's more likely for me to be on the same wavelength as them which I think is important when it comes to giving life advice etc. but it also depends very much on the individual for me. I would not say I automatically connect well to every NF or NT type I encounter. Maturity and how well the person knows you gets factored in as well.

For what it's worth, I'm married to a fellow INFJ and he's always acted as a very good guide for me and offers me clarity and challenges me in a way that I love. We write together but have different talents in that area so bring something different to the table. The one INTP I am friends with I get along with very well but she isn't super reliable but I know not all INTP's are going to be that way. I've been close friends with an INTJ before and am close with my INTJ uncle. And I'm also very close with my INFP brother. He's creative in a different way from me but I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
INTP. If by "smart," you mean "technical prowess," they're practically unparalleled.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts