Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, it's not because I find smelling bad awesome, but a few days ago I experienced something AWESOME! It's really hard to describe, but I hope you can follow me. Here's the story:

I was on the car with my family and we picked my brother up from sport. When he came into the car and sat next to me, this smell started to spread. I KNEW is knew what the smell was, it seemed familiar, but I couldn't tell exactly what. I started to sniff here and there, and when the smell was strong, I closed my eyes. Inside my head, an image started to appear. It was a very big beige thing, unending and flowing. it had big green spots and smaller dark brown circles and black dots everywhere. *yeah weird i know, but I SWEAR! i'm not high* and coming out of the beige stuff was triangles. The came out like in a 3d movie, but not really. I tried to explain the smell to my brother, so he could help me figure out what it was, so i said : "it's a dry smell, it's sweet but yuck and i DON'T like it. I know what it is, but I can't tell right now. It's a bit spicy, but I really don't like it!" He couldn't figure out what it was. Then i explained how the smell looked in my head, and my mom and dad looked at me like I said I wanted to f*** a zebra (XD), which i told them (bad idea). My brother started to guess on different kinds of food, that would look like what i described, but the thing is, what I seen in my head is what the thing IS but how I see the smell. When we came to the house, i found out the smell was my brothers sweat (ew!!!!). But hey, I said I didn't like it at all!

have anything like this happened to any of you?

another example: I was talking to my sensor friend, and I asked her "when you smell lemon or think of one, what happens in your head?" she said: "I see a lemon. behind it's all just black. I can feel on my tongue where I would taste the lemon. I remember the smell." This is where I'm surprised. I've always thought that when you, as in everyone, thought of lemon, they saw one in their heads. For me, behind the lemon, a show of lights is going CRAZY! Yellow lights go around in circles with smaller green lights inside and white lights are shining here and there, it's really pretty! I know that the lights are the smell and taste of the lemon.
The lights change from smell or taste to smell or taste, but I know that they are the smell and taste, i just know!

Anyone ever tried anything like this? I hope so, 'cause it's BRILLIANT! and no, I'm not high!! please believe me!:laughing:

·
Registered
112 Posts
so much i could possibly say about this, but it's late and i should sleep, so i'll just say YES :laughing:

maybe i'll come back tomorrow and discuss. it's like a tangible manifestation of N. pure essence without form or some such..... anyway, you're not alone! we have superpowers!! crazy and awesome to get so much back from your senses..

·
Registered
112 Posts
if you need to label it, sure, it's kinda like that. but that word was coined in a sort of different context, as if this effect shouldn't be happening, and that it's an anomaly. i always considered it to be a more active, more connected state of mind, that is suppressed most of the time. as a matter of evolution, it's in our best survival interest to restrict the flow of input from our senses so that our surroundings are easy and quick to comprehend... there's always more coming in than we're actually dealing with in each moment. our society makes the evolution and survival thing a completely different kind of game though, so we're free to perceive more than is necessary. lots of times i wonder if this is one of the things that makes us into INFPs growing up... seeing more than others, and often more than we want to.

but if you create art, or music, the effect is blissful! every bit of energy around us has a unique and infinite essence, and being able to see it as it is, in all it's infinite depth, makes translating it into sound or image or space or dance almost transparent. we have the ability not only to perceive depth, but perceive it so intensely that we can enhance how others perceive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts