Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Augh! I hate it when people call me weird :mellow: I just move along and do what I do >:p. It's not unusual for someone to feel alienated and socially akward! You just need to find the right friends and people.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,787 Posts
Once I hit 18 or 19, I didn't really care about being weird or not. Labels are generally pointless, and "weird" is just another label.

As a teen, though... Yeah, thought I was odd. Socially, too, but that was pure anxiety. Now, I still stuggle socially (from not being able to build social skills as a kid when everyone else did for other non-INFP reasons), but I know far more socially awkward people than myself.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think weird is a pretty generic term. Most people have felt different at some point. I certainely have felt weird... I feel like I don't think the same way most people do and also that my priorities are different. I honestly find it hard to relate to most people (not meaning that I can't put myself in other peoples' shoes).
I wonder if everybody feels this way? INFPs clearly have reason to but do more common types feel the same? Do they actually feel fundamentally different than their peers?

Sorry, kind of going off-topic ^^

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Yep, i'm weird.
But I usually just keep my weirdness to myself, in public social occasions.

But if a friend comes around *click* goes my weird switch.
I've had my ESFP friend call me weird a number of times.

Other people should view it as an honor, I don't go weird just for anyone.....:laughing:

("Silly" would be a better term but I guess weird fits as well)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im strange, no doubt about it. Even if people dont really seem to understand me, I wouldnt have it any other way! I do the same thing that FiNe SiTe said above, I get weird around people I know and like.

Who cares if Im the only person I know that crawls up stairs on all fours for no apparent reason and does the occasional Link roll down hallways!

I think the reason we are perceived like that by most people is because theres so much crazy and awesome stuff going on up in our heads all the time that when it escapes from time to time nobody knows how to handle it...

4,757 Posts
I'm a really, really weird person. I'm fully of eccentricities and I'm embracing it :proud::proud:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not INFP, but I saw someone was wondering about other types and if they're seen as "weird", and yeah I definitely am, to the point where I rarely talk to the people at my work because I just find them boring, uninteresting, and just plain "normal". Us quirky types just don't click with, well, most of my co-workers are probably sensors, and with intuitives being a part of the minority, we're thought of as different. Every once in a while I'll find someone who's "secretly" an intuitive, but they tend to look like quiet sensors since the world is geared more towards sensing as a whole, and with not enough confidence to actually try to look like one of the "normal" peeps, just becomes quiet and awkward until someone opens them up.

Huh. Looking back at this entry I really don't know where I was going with this. XD

·
Registered
715 Posts
It's not like it's hurting other people, if it is, then that person is just having a bad day. Perhaps cynics needs some suga love to appreciate 'weird people.' :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I am from a country where they have this saying 'do maar gewoon, dan doe je al gek genoeg' Which loosely translates as you better eact normal, that as crazy as you need to be.

Needless to say that makes a feel more than a little out of place at time. I find I have to hide some of my weirdness when among the general public but I am blessed with a good ENFP friend who is as weird as I am.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm weird, but I say that with a smile on my face. I've accepted my difference in this world. Stereotypes suck anyway .-.

As for socially retarded...that's not true, at least for me. I can keep up conversation as well as read cues and body language from other people I'm talking to. It's a skill that I'm developing pretty well since a variety people I work with have different disabilities.There are times where I fail, but meh, I have to fail in order to become better.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Or is that my social anxiety kicking in? I've always felt different, and I'm learning to accept that. But we're not totally socially retarded, are we?
nahh, I don't think so. some of my close friends (and others who see me as an introvert without a pinpoint on me for hmm, no reason? :crazy:) who have just happened to tell me they think I'm 'socially retarded' prove to me that people underestimate me if anything, heheh. people i don't know too well would think i'm sociable to my own level, but never crossed that level of friendship, or they'd see a different side. Any way, I don't think we're totally socially retarted; I'm pretty sure it just seems that way.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Or is that my social anxiety kicking in? I've always felt different, and I'm learning to accept that. But we're not totally socially retarded, are we?
Weird and lovely
I always had that feeling too
I always been different, and even more since I reached 10 years old
hey, fuck you, if you can't take who we are! xD (to the world)

Reactions: SpaceAble

·
Registered
299 Posts
Weird and lovely
I always had that feeling too
I always been different, and even more since I reached 10 years old
hey, fuck you, if you can't take who we are! xD (to the world)
I am the world, and I do NOT tolerate scary swearing people!
*Chastizes Scarygirl*

Ont: My appearance and clothing most likely fits in okay, though the vocabulary, way i act, and people I feel at home with rarely does.

I'm usually in one of my chamelon modes, it's boring, but safe ( I have some sort of filter that tries to keep most of the crazy out, some sort of self-censoring).

Seeing as I don't feel a need for attention, I generally try to avoid the negative version of it. I guess a lot of people here would see me as boring though:crazy:

Reactions: SpaceAble
1 - 20 of 37 Posts