Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I do. It just sneaks up and makes me feel terrible in the very inferior Si-ish way.
Yeah, I don't know what I'm getting at here, I'm just wondering if it hits other ENTPs very hard.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I took that one test a while back.
Oddly enough, almost everything is average, except for two.
Ne is high while Fe is abysmal, I mean it was in the negatives, is that bad?

·
Registered
790 Posts
So, you should get it and rape it until it evolves, dont bother by that, fight against it. Also, if you develop your Ti more you could develop your Si as well, its the healthy growing up of an ENTP ENTP Personal Growth

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Si tolerance and usage will develop with age .... give it time.

Reactions: Crono

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I'm not talking about using Si as a normal function, I'm talking about how it acts as the inferior function specifically.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Are you talking about being command of it to access it, or to stop it from popping crazy thoughts in your head?

It sounds like the latter, so thinking of two scenarios where I think Si is playing with me, feeling some random pain, and running with the possibilities of disease, memories of the past that won't go back down, and feeling chained via nostalgia.

For the first one, the random sort of "I wonder if this is a real disease, or I just got a little twitch?" I usually find it useful to give myself a schedule for acting on it. If it lasts longer than X, I do something. I call it active waiting. Eventually, intuition lets the awareness of the thing drop, sometimes, I imagine moving the pain to a different spot, and that tends to reinforce the idea that I'm just paying more attention there than I need to.

For the second, I really don't have anything. It's just something I think we have to deal with. I think they tend to lessen as you get older.

For the third, I go with acceptance. One just has to accept that we're optimizers, not out and out change-the-worlders. Life's easier when you're not trying to swim uphill.

Also, on some level, I kind of like my Si, I think it tends to be the part of me that's the most idealistic, as it tends to look hard at the past, and a lot of that filters up into what my Ne does.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
ENFP here who also is in deep hate with Si.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
That was an interesting read on Si, @PisceanReve. I think the opening of it also had the best ways to kind of deal with it:

When you attempt to use your inferior function, you must metaphorically keep your dominant function "tied up," so it doesn't interfere. It seems that the dominant function can work in tandem with the secondary function, or with the tertiary function, but not so easily with the inferior function. If you try to use your inferior function when your dominant function is running full blast, your dominant function will usually take control through the Tertiary Temptation, unless your secondary function intercedes with a new perspective. There are other explanations of why the dominant function and the inferior function clash:
- People don't use their Inferior Function directly because they know that they know it is too weak to have any kind of impact on anyone.
- People don't use their Inferior Function directly because they don't want to compromise how they feel about themselves.
- People don't use their Inferior Function directly because they know better than to carelessly dash off into uncharted territory.
One way is to accept that ultimately, things turn out how they turn out, regardless of how others feel, or about the giant wall of will, or the vagueries of the unknown. I think those three things are probably the basis of wisdom as a whole, perspective about what matters and what doesn't. If those things can be faced, out inferior function doesn't have a lot to hold over our head.

Of course, wisdom is hardly the easy path, and it tends to be something none of us can just "get", so the alternative is to use Ti, which I guess is in the form of coping mechanisms, and "talking ourselves down"- OK, if this is the the problem, then X, if not then Y.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was an interesting read on Si, @PisceanReve. I think the opening of it also had the best ways to kind of deal with it:

One way is to accept that ultimately, things turn out how they turn out, regardless of how others feel, or about the giant wall of will, or the vagueries of the unknown. I think those three things are probably the basis of wisdom as a whole, perspective about what matters and what doesn't. If those things can be faced, out inferior function doesn't have a lot to hold over our head.

Of course, wisdom is hardly the easy path, and it tends to be something none of us can just "get", so the alternative is to use Ti, which I guess is in the form of coping mechanisms, and "talking ourselves down"- OK, if this is the the problem, then X, if not then Y.
yeah my Ne really works against me when I'm operating under inferior Si, so it's like I'm being inferior Ne too...weird...
but it's like I don't even want to fix it or stop it sometimes because something tells me that everything I'm thinking about myself that's negative is true and why try to change it? and then I just feel like being reclusive and isolating myself from the world. *sigh*

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
yeah my Ne really works against me when I'm operating under inferior Si, so it's like I'm being inferior Ne too...weird...
but it's like I don't even want to fix it or stop it sometimes because something tells me that everything I'm thinking about myself that's negative is true and why try to change it? and then I just feel like being reclusive and isolating myself from the world. *sigh*
It's almost like it acts as our conscience, which, I guess it is. Kind of our moral lodestone.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's almost like it acts as our conscience, which, I guess it is. Kind of our moral lodestone.
lol ironically it's making me like people a lot less than I normally do (and that's excluding you awesome PerC people! lol) I feel like it's shadowing in a way, but other times when I shadow I go straight to INTJ, now I feel like ISFJ's rubbing off on me so maybe it varies between switching the extraverted and introverted functions around and just going straight to the opposite functions (well, your main functions upside down lol)

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I'm an ENFP having a rough time with Si...I'm fairly certain my brain is making me live in it so it strengthens, but wow does it change me in a lot of ways, and I don't like that.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
The only thing that makes it a smidge better is those Dom Si types out there who think Si is so great have to deal with Ne when in the grip, and Ne is crazy enough when it's your Dom, what can I say, it makes me smile a touch... before I once again return to the feeling that there are no possibilities, everything as it is now is how it always has been, and always will be :sad:

Reactions: PisceanReve

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
Oh and the book touches a bit on how to pull yourself out of the grip as well, not enough for my liking, but good enough for the read.

·
Registered
446 Posts
read this description of it and that is literally the only way I can describe it, it's a perfect description

Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI: Form of the Inferior
"When you attempt to use your inferior function, you must metaphorically keep your dominant function "tied up," so it doesn't interfere."

I wrote out my understanding when I first joined this forum. It had to do with marbles; Ne Ti Fe and Si marbles in a jar, Ne in the most numbers at the top and Si in the least numbers at the bottom. It felt like I had to get rid of Ne Ti and Fe marbles just to access the Si. Lo and behold, this is chiefly what it is, according to this article.

Thanks super much for the article.

As for the OP, I love when I am able to access Si and embrace every moment Si shows itself, whether in the positive or negative light. The fact that it's there allows me to branch from it, to pursue and control its positive aspects.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only positive aspects of Si I find is when I'm reliving a nice memory or enjoying the beauty of nature and concentrating how I physically feel in that moment. I'm trying to develop it when it's not taking itself out on me in its shadow form I guess you could say

·
Registered
446 Posts
The only positive aspects of Si I find is when I'm reliving a nice memory or enjoying the beauty of nature and concentrating how I physically feel in that moment. I'm trying to develop it when it's not taking itself out on me in its shadow form I guess you could say
Interesting! But what about getting things done? Without a sort of S, we have no way of actually seeking to get things done, materializing our visions and actualizing our goals. Se = "seek gain" in physical world. Si = "avoid loss" in physical world. Se would allow someone to act, act, act, in search of a gain. Si allows us to think, think, act, avoiding loss. Personally, I much prefer the avoid loss outlook on life. And this is mainly why I thank my Si.

Even in the thinking realm, Si offers a lot of benefits. As I student, I reach comprehensive understanding through Ne+Si: Ne = big picture, general understanding; Si = small details, specific understanding.

Just wanted to spotlight some benefits of Si so that it's not too repressed in ENTP realms. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts