Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rather stuck. My T and F are both 50%, according to the last test I took. I always end up being either ENFP to ENTP.

A descriptive summary of my personality:
Easy-going and social- apparently I'm really easy to talk to, and have been described as charming and very empathic by several people. I like to think of myself as not completely stupid, and prefer partners that have a score very much above the average intelligence score. I love obtaining knowledge, but am very easily bored.
I do see the exception to the rule, but I also realise that if I accept the exception, I have to accept every similar actions, otherwise it is hypocritical and thus the decision has no moral grounding.

Being too curious, combined with being easily bored and a slightly masochistic nature, as well as being rather impulsive, I often find myself in situations that I would be better without.
However, I usually don't have that much against it because "at least I'm not bored".

I'm ambitious, knowledge-seeking, empathic, loves playing with new ideas and reading philosophy, learning new languages, meeting new people, enjoy discussing moral and ethical problems, loves flirting, being active, experience-seeking, doing stupid things and am creative.
I'm intensely loyal to those whom have earned it.

While astrology is probably a lot of bull, I still find myself feeling like the arch-typical Aries. If that helps anything at all.

I would appreciate all your inputs! Just ask if there is anything else you need/want to know :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
ENTP maybe?

When you say you are empathic, how do you know or understand what other people are feeling? Why do you like to meet new people? Why do you like flirting? Why do you like discussing moral and ethical problems? Why aren't you fully sure about whether astrology is bull or not?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@pc3000: It's not that I'm confused about Astrology being bull or not. I simply feel that that I seem like the stereotypical Aries, that I have a lot of the typical Aries' characteristics. :) As for using the word "probably"- it just reflect my slightly agnostic nature.

When it comes to understanding how others feel, I usually have no trouble putting myself in their position, or feel the emotions they describe they're having. According to my friends and others, I am quite apt at understanding and making sense of their swirls of emotion when they're confused. I often use my own experiences to try to understand the other person better.

Why so I like flirtin? It's fun, feeling the electricity between yourself and some else, not to mention that feeling attractive is always great.
I love discussing ethics and morality because it might help me undercover some flaws in my thinking- "self-improvement". At the same time I just like discussing philosophy. I want to find out how things really are, and at the same time becoming a better person.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm not sure if I can tell the difference between ENTP and ENFP actually. Even though I still think you are an ENTP.

Have you looked at cognitive processes here and seen which ones you like the most?:
Extraverted Thinking

ENTPs use Ti-Fe and ENFPs use Fi-Te.

Reactions: vel

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
What's your typical reaction to seeing people get hurt in movies? Can you easily watch such movies as Inglourious Basterds or other actions/horror/war movies without wincing? Would you say that you get more pleasure from competing with other people as in conversation (debates), sports, video games or that you get more pleasure from cooperative activities where you help other people?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yeah definitely check out the Ti/Fe and Fi/Te comparison. The reason ENTPs have the T in them is because their logic in particular is internalized. They don't expose their logical principles that much. Rather, the Ti is a set of logical principles developed by the user that explains their understanding of the world in the most objective fashion possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What's your typical reaction to seeing people get hurt in movies? Can you easily watch such movies as Inglourious Basterds or other actions/horror/war movies without wincing? Would you say that you get more pleasure from competing with other people as in conversation (debates), sports, video games or that you get more pleasure from cooperative activities where you help other people?
just wondering, what exactly would these things indicate about someone?

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I'm rather stuck. My T and F are both 50%, according to the last test I took. I always end up being either ENFP to ENTP.

A descriptive summary of my personality:
Easy-going and social- apparently I'm really easy to talk to, and have been described as charming and very empathic by several people. I like to think of myself as not completely stupid, and prefer partners that have a score very much above the average intelligence score. I love obtaining knowledge, but am very easily bored.
I do see the exception to the rule, but I also realise that if I accept the exception, I have to accept every similar actions, otherwise it is hypocritical and thus the decision has no moral grounding.

Being too curious, combined with being easily bored and a slightly masochistic nature, as well as being rather impulsive, I often find myself in situations that I would be better without.
However, I usually don't have that much against it because "at least I'm not bored".

I'm ambitious, knowledge-seeking, empathic, loves playing with new ideas and reading philosophy, learning new languages, meeting new people, enjoy discussing moral and ethical problems, loves flirting, being active, experience-seeking, doing stupid things and am creative.

While astrology is probably a lot of bull, I still find myself feeling like the arch-typical Aries. If that helps anything at all.

I would appreciate all your inputs! Just ask if there is anything else you need/want to know :)
enfp or something else.
Definitely not entp.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I laugh at violence or have no reaction.

I have to admit it's a good question, I was trying to think of a good fencebuster and she got it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't explain why, but the way your messages come off it seems more F! I know that's wierd. I think to really know you would have to pinpoint how you interact with people, feel about them etc. What do you crave in friendships? Are you willing to admit to being emotional? Do you LIKE to talk about your emotions? Do you worry about other people's feelings, openly? etc etc. Oh and heres a sure fire one, do you call people by names like Sweetie & Honey?? cus that's a sure fire F! thing

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Sorry. I think this is a terrible analogy as I think that our competition would be "cool".

Let me show how I please...

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Sorry forgot to include interpretation into my first post. Enjoying competitive activities more than cooperative is indicative of a T-type and would mean that she is ENTP. Enjoying cooperative activities more is indicative of an F-type and would indicated that she is ENFP.

Sorry. I think this is a terrible analogy as I think that our competition would be "cool".
Let me show how I please...
and this is Ne trying to fake Te/Ti :p

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

O wow ! Inglorious basterds is hard to watch? Im definitely a thinker then....

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
OP, you said that you can easily put yourself in other peoples shoes when they are upset... So I think that you're more of an ENFP than an ENTP.

Very interesting thread. I'm keeping an eye on this, simply because you remind me of this guy, and he's sometimes hard to figure out. :confused:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Most definitely an F.

As a big T, just reading your post gave me the the heebie jeebies.

Its packed to the brim with socially related inter-personal stuff with a flare of ENFP. You seem to be a spontaneous kind of guy that can connect with people individually and as a group/culture. I guess you can say you are "aware" of people(s).

This is the paragraph that sealed the deal:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
O wow ! Inglorious basterds is hard to watch? Im definitely a thinker then....
I thought the same thing. I thought it was a comedy/action. The action was over the top with people shooting from their hips and it wasn't historically accurate. I didn't know there was material in there that could have possibly upset someone other than historians.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts