Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well concerning extra/intraversion I do like being around people but I don't feel like it fuels my batteris, it can be great sometimes but also I just need to be alone at other times.
Secondly I'm pretty sure I'm a thinker but when I read the Infj personality description a lot of it seemed familiar.
As to the Judging/perceiving dilema, I can be disorganized a lot of the time but I feel better when I have a sorted out plan.
I've considered Entp, Intj, Infj as main possibilities as all of those types seem close to me.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Thats a tough question, I have a lot of desires in life, I guess I mainly wish I'm always abble to find the strenght to do what needs to be done, to be independent, maybe even a leader of people some day.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I can't really single out any particular moment, it's a lot of things really, when I won the gold medal at nationals in taekwondo, or when I passed a subject in university I've put a lot of effort into it, anything that requires a lot of effort, strenght, building it every day etc, that's when I feel at my best when I'm making progress

4) What makes you feel inferior?

People like Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Leonardo da Vinci, Albert Einstein etc.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Depends on the decision I guess, , most of the time go for the logical option, on the other hand if I think I will hurt a friends feelings and there will be no benefit from it , for me or him, I'll go for the ilogical one, I try to find the best solution for the current problem, adapt and so on

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I'm mostly an idea person and don't really have the need to follow through projects to the end unless I see I'm needed and that the end result will be better if I'm involved.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?*

It's mostly when I'm surrounded with my friends, don't really care if we're in Paris or somewhere else, it can be a party, at work or at school, if there's people willing will find a way to have fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I'm a big fan od discussing ideas, theories etc. , for most things if I understand it I will memorize it for the most part

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm pretty organized, I may not care about the details and am able to adapt and change if the sittuation requires it but my days all have a loose plan to them(most of them anyway).

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm open to anything, mostly if the information looks ok to me I'll believe in the idea, although there a lot of instances when something just doesn't feel right to me even if the informations seem solid, it's like I have a internal system and if the new idea doesn't fit it I'm prone to rejecting it, a lot of the time, well most of them the rejected ones turn out to have been wrong all of the time I just didn't see it at first.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

First and foremost I have to follow what I believe in and be myself, I don't think you can make a strong relationship with others if you're not true to yourself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

If I'm really enthusiastic about the topic I am prone to speaking before thinking but more often than not I think before I speak. I believe both types of communication have worth.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

If someone close to me is in danger I'll jump in, often without realizing what I've done, but if I don't perceive the sittuation as needing immediate action I'll wait and think. Yeah pretty much actions speak more than words although words can be a powerful thing.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends, if I'm tired and just want to lay around and watch the show I'll stay at home, on the other hand maybe I'm up for going out so I'll go, really depends on the sittuation at hand.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

You'd have to really know me well to notice that I'm stressed out, I mostly remind myself that nothing good comes out of stressed and that I'm only making it worse with worrying.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I hate fakeness, be true to yourself no matter who you are. Also weakness, the kind where you're afraid of trying something new, making a mistake and learning frome it.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

A lot of things really, from sports like boxing, rugby, weightlifting to psychology and physics, also what makes people tick, why they act the whey they do and what if scenarios.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I don't know, probably social status and being admired, I would like to be respected but if you don't I really don't care, money for mones sake also.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Most of them perceive me like a carefree, happy, fun loving guy, a lot of them don't see that underneath the cheerful exterior I am more than able to be serious and decisive and are often surprised when I show that side of me. I guess they would never say I'm ordinary.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'd go to the gym, have a dring with friends, read a book, see a movie, listen to some music, go out and party, go running, do something I've never done maybe....

Thank you for your opinions =))

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hey there!

Have you read about cognitive functions yet? Your first answer makes me think you haven't, so I thought I should ask you that first :)

I would say you're definitely not an INFJ since their leading functions are Ni-Fe and reading your answers I really saw no Fe (or leading F at all, tbh). You're talking a lot about ideas and possibilities which would be Ne. Some answers striked me as Ti, so xNTP could be possible. I'm not sure though.

Why don't you try this test and tell us your results? :) Maybe this way there'll some functions that can be eliminated right away.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read about them but not to a lot of detail, so I did your test and i got
Intj, other possibilities are Entj and Isfp(weird) , Intj does make a lot of sense to me but good friend of mine is a Intj and we're pretty different, I mean we're best friends so we can't be that different but still it's hard to believe we could be the same type,
Entj could be a possibility but I don't really feel the need to be always in charge, I just fill in the power gap if I see there's a need for it

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have read about them but not to a lot of detail, so I did your test and i got
Intj, other possibilities are Entj and Isfp(weird) , Intj does make a lot of sense to me but good friend of mine is a Intj and we're pretty different, I mean we're best friends so we can't be that different but still it's hard to believe we could be the same type,
Entj could be a possibility but I don't really feel the need to be always in charge, I just fill in the power gap if I see there's a need for it
Do you remember what your scores on each function were? That would be quite helpful as well :)

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
ExFP. When answering those you need to provide reason and motivation behind answers. Why you do something, how you arrive to that decision and so on.

Reactions: SnowPharaoh

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
ENTJ (or at least Estj) could also be a possibility too. Before I noticed the first question about extroversion, i was thinking Intj for some reason. It is difficult to assume a solid answer from your questionnaire.

But when reading it again I thought there was Fi/Te, and perhaps Se. If I had to choose a type so far, based on these answers, I would say ESFP.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I realize now that I should have gone into more depth when writtung this post, so thank you for your oppinions, when it comes to me being an Estj, Enfp or Esfp I dont see any of those types as a possibility, based on cognitive functions yeah everythings possible but I just dont connect with anything in the descriptions of any of those 3 types, I could be a Entj because I do have some of the qualities but I'm more and more convinced that I'm a introvert, I just rarely if ever feal energized after being around people, on the other hand Intj does seem like a possibility but I'm still not nearly sure, also been considering Intp although from what I've found so far they seem to dreamy and indecisive for me, it's possible you can be both decisive and not tangled up in your own inner world and still be a Intp,
I'm going to go through the Intj/p subforums a bit and see if any of that rings a bell, anyway thanks for all of your input =DD

Edit : after spending around 5-10 minute in the you know you're an entp thread I'm around 107% sure I am one so what I'm trying to say... Sorry I wasted your time, thanks for the help, Entp over and out =D

Reactions: ruskiix

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Did not see Ne-Ti dynamics there. Fairly certain you are a Se user. Could be ENTJ but seem more lighthearted in EPerciever way.

Inferior Si ENxP a very spot-on description

These sociotypes always move in the direction of places where there is physical comfort and constancy, pleasant sensations, and cannot deny themselves in this. Where they are physically comfortable, such places are good, even if they are very expensive. Love fine food, massage, rubbing. Having found one place where they feel comfortable, such as a restaurant - could go there for dinner across town. Avoid places which lack all of his needed physical facilities. Food lovers, slaves to their preferences and habits. If they have a sweet tooth, will consume sweets by kilograms. Often determines the state of their physical being by the words of others, easily suggestible by this. Sometimes can try to recreate at home the elements of the place where they felt most comfortable physically. Quickly become accustomed to the "good" and this becomes their weakness in the future - without it they cannot endure. Suggestible by authorities on issues of health - if he is told that he needs to have something treated, he will easily believe it. In this context, can fall prey to "snake oil physicians". May forget to eat on time or to take medicine, to sleep, thus are in need of caring parents or spouses.

ENTP specifically

ILEs need assistance with balancing their inner life and deriving enjoyment from all the things in life around them, and not just their mental activities. ILEs appreciate people with a solid sensory awareness that can help them feel a healthy sense of pleasure from their surroundings.

The ILE's focus on constantly chasing after new things often leaves him to neglect his physical and psychological well-being. He appreciates pleasant stimuli that help him to "turn off" his active mind for a little while and to find some kind of balance between the mental and physical. An ILE will commonly use some short burst of physical activity to take a break from his interests.

Alternatively

People of these types prefer environments where they experience no inner discomfort, contradictions with themselves, where ideas and principles are shared without requiring an explanation. If this is not achievable, then they simply move somewhere else. They like people who know how to raise their spirits, to create harmony in their soul, so that at heart they feel good. Suggestible by elevated moods and optimism of others, do not like to be in company of those whose spirits are low. May use alcohol or other substances to quiet down the soul searching meanwhile believing that everyone does the same thing, , which can lead to alcoholism. Their main requirement for environment is that it should not cause conflict with their ideals and principles. If this is not possible then he leaves saying "this is not my world, I do not find this existence interesting." Cannot live in conditions when the external situation "hurts the soul," brings up an inner "itch" that cannot get scratched. If the place is comfortable, then it automatically everyone there is accepted as their own, since they share his beliefs, and thus such place already has all the prerequisites to do and create what he sees fit. Therefore, likes to be accepted "warts and all" creating a microcosm of "own" people who accept each other's weaknesses and live with it. Treats such world and such people as "his clan", but can position himself as the "godfather." Existing in such microcosm he will put it in opposition with the "alien" worlds that do not share his principles. This person is aware of the need to maintain inner harmony, but rarely succeeds in this task, often swerves off the course and heads somewhere else. To keep it he needs someone who will intervene and extinguish these "flashes", who will reason through them and calm him down, something like: "Why are you so wound up? Everything is fine, it's good. " Poorly predictable in his behaviors for this reason, you never which mood will hover over him today and what he will do for this reason.

Tertiary Te

For this individual knowledge is paramount, a measure of worth: "If there is something I don't know - I'm inferior". Therefore, very often they claim they know how something is done, while in reality not knowing it (often in hopes that they will research it later, and that no one will suspect that they were bluffing). Sometimes, in self-defense, you can hear them say "I don't know", shamefully admitting to their weakness. It is also important for them to have some personal territory, a place where they have the opportunity to be in charge. They love to learn, because acquired knowledge increases their self-esteem. Nothing pleases them more as to receive a high mark on some subject. Such person is very attentive to objective reality: any violation in the order of things stresses him. He likes to reinforce own claims with links to an authoritative sources, statistics and facts, but cannot analyze them in terms of understanding. His vocation: the keeper of factual knowledge. Can't stand any measure of chaos in information, when nothing is clear. In such situations, tries to simplify the information: "Do we have any actual, concrete facts and figures? Lets start with these. " "If there is order in my world - then I am good, if not - then I'm bad." Have a tendency to idealize their "objective" picture of the world and authoritative figures. That is, they view it as what actually exists, even if they are in error and many of their facts are specious. Often become followers of something, of some "order of things" and attempt to implement this order everywhere. Getting promoted to higher position usually recruit "their" people who accept their "order of things" and their actions. Very important concept for them: "If I am the owner, I am the boss in my territory." It does not matter what the size of this territory is: a room or an entire state, as long as their authority has been accepted by everyone. Sometimes this takes a comical shape: a guard of some area considers himself to be in the right to decide whether or not to let you in based on his personal whims. In personal life, this can lead to elevated demands placed on potential partners: it is necessary to fully accept all of their outward actions, but this can be done only up to certain extent. Often they are aware that finding such ideal in principle not possible. Violation of the order of things by their subordinates is a serious offense - have you arrived too late? Thus you destroyed his order. If he is not the boss, then it is important for him to know exactly the extent of his responsibilities, otherwise he may not take up someone else's "order of things." Love to order people around if opportunity presents itself: relatives, subordinates, depending on how far their concept of territory extends itself.

Tert Fe

For this person it is important that everyone is positively predisposed towards him. He does not like ambiguity in this matter and will strive to clarify the situation: "Lets get this straight - do you respect me or not?" Even small changes can bring about these clarification attempts: different facial expression, gaze, and so on. Often with age he becomes a good psychologists as it allows him to keep up his self-esteem. Fixed on the attitude of certain people and ignores the "public opinion". Very fond of social recognition: honor, glory, respect, diplomas, regalia, etc. For the sake of good relations can even work for free. Can offer to help out of sense of camaraderie. If there is someone in his surrounding who shows negative feelings towards him, it decreases his self-esteem. In active defense, he will try to win the good attitude of this person at any cost, in passive defense, on the contrary, may admit to behaving poorly. If positive relations do not exist, he can try to fix them at any price, or conversely, fall into avoidance upon realizing the impossibility of changing anything. Fond of flattery, is ready to support any opinion as well as come to compromise only to keep the positive predisposition towards himself. If he does not agree with someone, can conduct conversation very diplomatically. Communicating with people of this type one can feel internal tension associated with fear of evoking negative response. Often they will think ten times before saying anything, as if it is an important task. Move up the career ladder often due to their ability to be considerate of others.

Se dominant vs Ne dominant. And this quote in particular.

Reactions: mangodelic psycho

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
double

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do realize spending some time in entp forums doesn't make me an entp but the thing is I've taken the test a lot of times and most of them I got entp, I see myself in most of the entp descriptions, it's just I have a habbit of always looking for something new and it might be that after some time being "just" an entp bores me so I read about other types and picture all of the possibilities but eventually always come back to entp,
regarding my questionare, like I said already I really should have given it more effort, I have a habbit of looking for the easy way out so I didn't really go into depth, anyway your post was pretty interesting, could you tell me where you got the information from,

also you're kind of weird but in a good way, so thanks again

edit: I see you edited your post so I'll have to read that as well

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right on to your signature, well thats flattering :laughing:
anyway Se dominant would be Esfp or Estp.... well no, probbably anyway, I've looked at this from a lot of angles and it seems to me the more you're sure I'm not a Entp the more I'm sure a I am one hahaha, who know you might be right, I'm probbably going to change my mind a hunder or so times on this, for the time being reading on Se just doesn't seem familiar, maybe in a couple of details but generaly no, thanks for playing,
the thing is I really wouldn't doubt that I am an Entp if it wasn't that I just feel so tired sometimes after being around people but I guess that can happen to anyone so it doesn't have to be a deal breaking factor, and I just get bored with one type and would like to be all of them a bit,
so what I'm trying to say is.... keep on being weird in a good way and thanks for your oppinions :wink:

Reactions: Greyhart

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Even Fe doms get tired around being people. It depends on a kind of people/company you have, I think.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even Fe doms get tired around being people. It depends on a kind of people/company you have, I think.
yeah I'm thinking I need to work on that a bit, I have a tendency not to fit into one single group of people, I kinda pick out people who seem interesting to me and move on, the problem being I often "forget" about people and lose touch with them for months and when I finally do contact them you can imagine they're not too happy( I might have not stuck to the point there :tongue:)

Reactions: Greyhart
1 - 14 of 14 Posts