Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't call you assholes, like I did the ISTPs.

I've finally narrowed down my personality type to ISFP, but I'll admit, I'm still a little skeptical. I write...stuff, but I don't consider myself an "artist," per say.

Initially, I read a description that said ISFPs are usually environmentalists, so it made me think I was an ISTP.

Anyway, while I may be an ISFP, I think I have a few ISTP tendencies that come out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I won't call you assholes, like I did the ISTPs.

I've finally narrowed down my personality type to ISFP, but I'll admit, I'm still a little skeptical. I write...stuff, but I don't consider myself an "artist," per say.

Initially, I read a description that said ISFPs are usually environmentalists, so it made me think I was an ISTP.

Anyway, while I may be an ISFP, I think I have a few ISTP tendencies that come out.
There's no surprise not all aspects of your life will align with a modal ISFP. I did actually compose music for years and still do in my free time but I can't draw to save my life. Consider yourself an artist in the sense that u can master a technique (of any sort) and produce something creatively. The term artist can be used broadly and can be applied to man fields from visual art to interactive arts.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no surprise not all aspects of your life will align with a modal ISFP. I did actually compose music for years and still do in my free time but I can't draw to save my life. Consider yourself an artist in the sense that u can master a technique (of any sort) and produce something creatively. The term artist can be used broadly and can be applied to man fields from visual art to interactive arts.
Well, yeah, I write a little bit. Maybe that's artistic.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome!

I don't test as a strong F either. But when compared to my brother who is a solid ISTP, I can see differences. We appear similar on the surface, but we are different when you look closer.

For example, when a family pet would die, I would openly cry and hug others, when he would remain cool and calm.

When they cancelled our flight after a 3 hr delay, and told us we couldn't leave until the next morning, I started to get angry with the airline employees, but my brother stepped in calmly, and tactfully dealt with the situation. He doesn't let emotions get in the way of his actions.

Another key difference is he is more interested in how things work, and I'm more interested in how things look. When we went to a car show together, he was checking out the engines, while I was checking out the paint jobs.

I agree with the other posts here, I think the "Artist" label is a bit misleading. I think it's more about creating any kind of masterpiece, not just fine art. If you write, then you're creating a work of art, in a sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts